Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Risto the Great
    • Sep 2008

Safe to say we have too much music to choose from!
    But ignoring the gajda and tapan in any tune would be a shame.
    Risto the Great
    MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
    "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• makedonche
      • Oct 2008

Originally posted by vicsinad View Post
      Okay, then that's your view and what I stated probably has little to no impact on deciding a flagship tune. But IMHO it was something worth considering.

And while I agree with you mostly, I don't think the song needs to necessarily about Macedonians, for example, if it's an oro.
      Vicsinad
      Being about Macedonians, sung in Macedonian and being able to dance to it in Macedonian are all high priorities in my estimation, more importantly being an easily identifiable tune by all Macedonians around the world is just as critical, for example, when the Macedonian Basketball team had their success and started singing songs, whilst I could understand the songs they sang, I wasn't too familiar with them, until they did their rendition of Makedonsko Devoiche, which I could instantly relate to.
      On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• George S.
        • Aug 2009

This one is for RTG its got the tapan & gaida.
        BIORITAM - Kotorska Gajda - YouTube
        Risto start moving to the beat!
        Xmas version
        MACEDONIA BIORITAM - KOTORSKA GAJDA - YouTube
        Last edited by George S.; 10-21-2012, 09:47 PM.
        "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
        GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Risto the Great
          • Sep 2008

Kotorska Gajda ... lovely Gjorgi.
          I have it on good authority that all men from Kotori are half-gods.
          Risto the Great
          MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
          "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• makedonche
            • Oct 2008

RTG
            I have it on good authority they are full god's!
            On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• Coolski
              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by George S. View Post
              This one is for RTG its got the tapan & gaida.
              BIORITAM - Kotorska Gajda - YouTube
              Risto start moving to the beat!
              Xmas version
              MACEDONIA BIORITAM - KOTORSKA GAJDA - YouTube
              George, Kotorska Gajda is an awesome choice! It's got the classic Macedonian sound and it's versatile enough to use with a variety of instruments in addition to the Gajda.
              - Секој чоек и нација има можност да успеат колку шо си дозволуваат. Нема изговор.
              - Every human and nation has the ability to be as great or as weak as they allow themselves to be. No excuses.

Comment

• Tomche Makedonche
                • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Coolski View Post
                George, Kotorska Gajda is an awesome choice! It's got the classic Macedonian sound and it's versatile enough to use with a variety of instruments in addition to the Gajda.
                HmHmmm, although its not relevant from a melody perspective, but you do realise that what you’re hearing in the above clips is a synthesiser and not a real gajda right?
                “There’s a time when the operation of the machine becomes so odious, makes you so sick at heart, that you can’t take part, you can’t even passively take part, and you’ve got to put your bodies upon the gears and upon the wheels, upon the levers, upon all the apparatus and you’ve got to make it stop, and you’ve got to indicate to the people who run it, to the people who own it, that unless you’re free, the machine will be prevented from working at all” - Mario Savio

Comment

• Coolski
                  • Sep 2008

It's more about the tune itself. It'll be reproduced in many different arrangements, but it's the tune that has to be identifiable. I'm not thinking that the same .mp3 file should be played all the time. It's more about the melody and tune being used as a representative of Macedonians.
                  - Секој чоек и нација има можност да успеат колку шо си дозволуваат. Нема изговор.
                  - Every human and nation has the ability to be as great or as weak as they allow themselves to be. No excuses.

Comment

• Tomche Makedonche
                    • Oct 2011

Fair enough, just thought if looking at a gajda oro, might want to consider going with a version that has the sound of a real gajda, but if its not a relevant aspect, all good.
                    “There’s a time when the operation of the machine becomes so odious, makes you so sick at heart, that you can’t take part, you can’t even passively take part, and you’ve got to put your bodies upon the gears and upon the wheels, upon the levers, upon all the apparatus and you’ve got to make it stop, and you’ve got to indicate to the people who run it, to the people who own it, that unless you’re free, the machine will be prevented from working at all” - Mario Savio

Comment

• George S.
                      • Aug 2009

it's nice to know you're a full god.That means more thunder & lightning to share around & zap people.
                      "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                      GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

Working...
                      X