On a lighter note - anyone heading to Macedonia this summer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lavce pelagonski
    • Nov 2009

Well I like Ohrid all the Churches and Monasteries, well I am from there so I maybe slightly bias. I would like to go to Solun and other Occupied cities, have been offered by some from Vinozito and OMO Ilinden to stay over when I come - should be interesting.
    Стравот на Атина од овој Македонец одел до таму што го нарекле „Страшниот Чакаларов“ „гркоубиец“ и „крвожеден комитаџија“.

„Ако знам дека тука тече една капка грчка крв, јас сега би ја отсекол целата рака и би ја фрлил в море.“ Васил Чакаларов

Comment

• julie
      • May 2009

Sreken pat dch , I jas posle 5 nedeli ke stapnam na majchinski zemja mila. Krajot juli trgnuvame
      "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• Bij
        • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Bill77 View Post
        od kaj ti e poteklotot tamo te trga.....i supose.

Iv'e been to Solun, Lerin, Skoje, Ohrid, Prilep, Demihisar, Resen. Each time i came back to Bitola, i felt like home. There is something about the Place.
        Its because bitola is the home of Macedonias best looking people so you feel right at home! I feel the same so I understand lol

I don't mind prilep but god I hate ohrid in the summer. I still go though!! Nowhere else to cool off! Lol

I'm trying to put together a to do list of places I wanna go. It looks like this at the moment:

1. Matka
        2. Vodopadi outside of strumica
        3. ??????

Any suggestions my well travelled friends?

Comment

• Bill77
          • Oct 2009

Pretor is ok and its only 1/2 hour drive from Bitola. You don't have to use Prespa to swim, they have a couple of in ground pools right below the restaurant there. They have banana lounges where you can kick back and they bring drinks down to you.

If you don't want to leave Bitola and its a hot day, Pelister mountain is the ultimate to cool down, you probably already know that.

Leo's restaurant on the korzo i recommend if you are hungry. Try the selska tava.

Ohrid......Stay at Krani (i think its called) its apparently beautiful and away from the hustle and bustle.
          http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• George S.
            • Aug 2009

hrid ,struga,prilep,St naum,pestani for swimming,bitola,pelister,
            "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
            GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• DirtyCodingHabitz
              • Sep 2010

Originally posted by julie View Post
              Sreken pat dch , I jas posle 5 nedeli ke stapnam na majchinski zemja mila. Krajot juli trgnuvame
              I've been enjoying the hot summer and the fresh air since day one . I remember Prilep wasn't very clean when I was a kid in the early 90's, but now they clean it non stop and it looks beautiful and it's always full of people day and night.

I might be visiting Bitola on friday to meet a friend from Sydney.

Comment

• julie
                • May 2009

Sounds like you are having an awesome time . How are people reacting to the appoimtment of uck terrorist as minister of MAcedonian national defence there dch ,? Cant wait to get away from the cold here. When you get to bitola check out statue of filip
                "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• Risto the Great
                  • Sep 2008

Originally posted by julie View Post
                  How are people reacting to the appoimtment of uck terrorist as minister of MAcedonian national defence there dch ,?
                  I suspect they are protesting heavily in the same fashion they have been for years. Extra coffee & extra rakija I would imagine.
                  Risto the Great
                  MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                  "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• julie
                    • May 2009

Its disheartening rtg .

Comment

• George S.
                      • Aug 2009

i hear greece is having blockades on the borders what's going to happen to the poor tourist.??so if you are going to start a war you better put it off till next year.
                      Last edited by George S.; 06-29-2011, 02:48 AM. Reason: ed
                      "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                      GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Bill77
                        • Oct 2009

Originally posted by DirtyCodingHabitz View Post
                        I've been enjoying the hot summer and the fresh air since day one . I remember Prilep wasn't very clean when I was a kid in the early 90's, but now they clean it non stop and it looks beautiful and it's always full of people day and night.

I might be visiting Bitola on friday to meet a friend from Sydney.
                        Mate, start some revolution since you're there. lol

You will be famous

Or infamous. But what ever, wake the bastards up a little.
                        Last edited by Bill77; 06-29-2011, 03:08 AM.
                        http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• European
                          Banned
                          • Jun 2011

Would it be fair to say the majority of this board resides in Australia? If so, would it be fair to assume that many of the board members are from the Aegean part of Macedonia since many Macedonians left for Australia?

That must be a hell of a flight from Australia. How many times have you giuys gone back to visit? Does anyone plan on moving back?

Comment

• DirtyCodingHabitz
                            • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Bill77 View Post
                            Mate, start some revolution since you're there. lol

You will be famous

Or infamous. But what ever, wake the bastards up a little.
                            Famous people get locked up.

How are people reacting to the appoimtment of uck terrorist as minister of MAcedonian national defence there dch
                            People are disappointed, not much they can do.

When you get to bitola check out statue of filip
                            That's where I'm meeting my friend .

I suspect they are protesting heavily in the same fashion they have been for years. Extra coffee & extra rakija I would imagine.
                            You got that right. We got our chance to organize when the country became independent and we failed from the start, there's no more Macedonian interests.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by DirtyCodingHabitz View Post
                              You got that right. We got our chance to organize when the country became independent and we failed from the start, there's no more Macedonian interests.
                              The EU will organise it for them when Macedonia becomes ROMSK(i). It will be a dream come true when they get all they have been wishing for.
                              Risto the Great
                              MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                              "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Bij
                                • Oct 2009

Originally posted by European View Post
                                Would it be fair to say the majority of this board resides in Australia? If so, would it be fair to assume that many of the board members are from the Aegean part of Macedonia since many Macedonians left for Australia?

That must be a hell of a flight from Australia. How many times have you giuys gone back to visit? Does anyone plan on moving back?
                                10th trip this year if I'm counting family trips as a kid too.
                                Not from egejska, definitely Aussie and why the hell would I move over there?

Comment

Working...
                                X