Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Risto the Great
    • Sep 2008

I am quite sure fyrOM is the only person interested in his movements.
    Risto the Great
    MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
    "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• fyrOM
      Banned
      • Feb 2010

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
      Now I understand why you refuse to use a smart phone, you go to extreme measures hiding your ip address, heaven forbid if you used a smart phone and somebody was to determine your every move and the fact that you largely post from your dunny...wow, I wonder what your 'movements' could be used for...
      Well, at least it was funny.

Hey, RTG, for a while now I have been in a transitional phase between my old and new computers as my old computer decided to retire. Not being able to easily transfer my data (USB ports sparked out and WiFi connection is dodgy) and unwilling to repurchase new anti-viral software I have been running raw - no anti-virus, no fire-wall, no anything - yet I am surprised you haven't yet cried out "Eureka" announcing my IP to the world. Do you still think I am not in Australia (Mars/Moon ect or fyrOMania don't count)?

Comment

• fyrOM
        Banned
        • Feb 2010

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
        If the GPS is turned off and the "location" parameter is switched off, I don't think we are giving any more information than a regular 10 year old Nokia phone.
        It's not just the fact you have a GPS but why both Apple and Google have included as part of the program to keep a record of your every movement as apposed to Just knowing where you are at the present moment. Also calls, sms, email, internet and financial transactions are recorded.

Further, linking that information with Google maps to know what exactly are the locations you frequent (ie home/work/coffee shop/hardware shop/bulk fertaliser store/ect.)

By having 'back-room' access to you Facebook data, your photo and other personal data, and that of friends, is also known.

By getting your IP, your Google searches can be monitored (eg molatov cocktail as apposed to gin/vodka cocktails).

With all the above an unprecedented amount of information can be gathered about you. It might be a cliche argument now, but it's information by the state that did the Jews in, and not just guns, during WW2.

Why should the State/or anyone know everything about you - even when and how many times you fart? The volume of information is astronomical and the level of detail is astounding. And None of this bothers you at all???

Just think, why would a company pay hundreds of millions for Facebook shares when Facebook has ABSOLUTELY no income stream? - who did the due diligence there. Or is it the fact that as share-holders they own the Facebook data and can look at it without Facebook being foul of divulging clients personal info.
        Last edited by fyrOM; 05-01-2011, 08:59 PM.

Comment

• Phoenix
          • Dec 2008

Originally posted by fyrOM View Post
          Well, at least it was funny.

Hey, RTG, for a while now I have been in a transitional phase between my old and new computers as my old computer decided to retire. Not being able to easily transfer my data (USB ports sparked out and WiFi connection is dodgy) and unwilling to repurchase new anti-viral software I have been running raw - no anti-virus, no fire-wall, no anything - yet I am surprised you haven't yet cried out "Eureka" announcing my IP to the world. Do you still think I am not in Australia (Mars/Moon ect or fyrOMania don't count)?
          I would suggest that it's more of a case of nobody really giving a toss about you fyrOM, than anything to do with the level of computer literacy...

Comment

• fyrOM
            Banned
            • Feb 2010

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
            I would suggest that it's more of a case of nobody really giving a toss about you fyrOM, than anything to do with the level of computer literacy...
            Hey, that's ok, even great - but I wasn't the one (there were many who were) wasting countless post on making a song and dance act about not knowing my IP, which all suggests they gave at least a bit of a "toss".

Maybe they came around to believing me that I am in Australia or just gave up interest.

Comment

• Risto the Great
              • Sep 2008

fyrOM, have you heard the term "game knows game"?
              You unfortunately are not "game".
              Risto the Great

Comment

• fyrOM
                Banned
                • Feb 2010

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                fyrOM, have you heard the term "game knows game"?
                You unfortunately are not "game".
                How Urban Black of you - that word a day calender is expanding your vocabulary, but unfortunately nothing more.

If Australian English isn't good enough for you any more then - dang boy, if y'll wanna speak some fancy language th'n speak what fits ya color - 'less it 'ready does?
                Last edited by fyrOM; 05-02-2011, 01:02 AM.

Comment

• George S.
                  • Aug 2009

I just heard that microsoft purchased skype for 8.5 billion dollars.I think it's a good move we may see some good things come out of that.
                  "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                  GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Risto the Great
                    • Sep 2008

Wow, if true they have really devalued their MSN brand in my opinion.
                    Risto the Great

Comment

• Onur
                      • Apr 2010

Eli Pariser of the progressive organization MoveOn says the Internet is hiding things from us, and we don't even know it. In this TED Talk he calls out Facb, Gog. and other corporations who are transforming the Internet to suit their corporate interests;
                      YouTube - ‪What Google and Facebook are Hiding‬‏

Comment

Working...
                      X