X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The LION will ROAR
    • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Bij View Post
    I think that Kafana shut down a few months ago.
    , Thanks Bij.. I just found that out aswell..
    I didn't really like that place.. the whole night they would play Serbian Music.. for fc#k sake WHY...?? isn't Macedonian good enough to play.. Stupid idiots.. and the SUN and MOON are culprits too for that...
    The Macedonians originates it, the Bulgarians imitate it and the Greeks exploit it!

Comment

• Prolet
      • Sep 2009

Lion, Ima li za na masa kachvanje?

Bij, $200 for two people?? What a rip off, at Bitola Social Club in Thomastown you'd feed yourself big time for that. Just the Meshana Skara,Bira,Rakija and Meze/Salata will be way less then that and thats with a Baklava or Tulumba at the end. I cant believe what a rip off it is there, i guess when people visit Stari Kraj and sit down in a Restourant they wouldnt believe the price there, especially in Prilep and Bitola where the Skara is brilliant there.
      МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• Bij
        • Oct 2009

Lion, Sun&Moon are now owned by Serbs. They refuse to even stock Maco vino and pivo. the culprits here are not the owners but the Macos who keep giving them $10 a beer. fuck them!

Prolet - I don't want to go on a tangent but that place is a known rip off. I think they charged us ike $12-$15 for a zelka salata ?!?!?!?!?! then when the place was dying down damn near kicked us out. NEVER AGAIN.

I eat like a svinja in Macedonia, but I don't like the skara (tastes like chewing gum to me, too much bicarb soda me thinks). I prefer chicken things but that comes at a risk. Having said that, Makedonska Kuka in prilep is nice, and Lovec in Bitola (opposite Rascekor) is my absolute fave and sooooooooooooo cheap!

Comment

• Bij
          • Oct 2009

OT but the best meal I've had in Macedonia was at 'Domakinska Kuka' in Vevcani. UN-FUCKING-BE-LEIVABLE!!!! I would highly recommend to anyone but a bit pricier than your average (well worth it though)

Comment

• Bill77
            • Oct 2009

Prolet..... next time just go down the road to DD"s. Much Better. The last time i went to Bitola Restaurant, there viniger was water, bloody cheep skates. At DD's I recomend the "nafora" as apertizer. For those that don't know its Toasted bread with olive oil, shreaded fetta cheese and Bukovsko piper sprinkled on top. absalutley lovely. By the way poplet, the owner is a skopjanec.
            http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• Bij
              • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Bill77 View Post
              Prolet..... next time just go down the road to DD"s. Much Better. The last time i went to Bitola Restaurant, there viniger was water, bloody cheep skates. At DD's I recomend the "nafora" as apertizer. For those that don't know its Toasted bread with olive oil, shreaded fetta cheese and Bukovsko piper sprinkled on top. absalutley lovely. By the way poplet, the owner is a skopjanec.
              I am going to Melb soon, where is this?

Comment

• Prolet
                • Sep 2009

Bij, Is that in Mihajlo Pupin's house? They specialize in Kolbasi, they are absolutely brilliant.

Have you tried kebapi at Destan?? You wont taste better kebapi then that, i also like Rebra too in Stari Kraj. Whats your opinion on the Slatkarnica at the beginning of Sirok Sokak? The Tulumbi there are very good.
                МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• Prolet
                  • Sep 2009

Its in Epping on high street

Bill, The food is good there however the place is so small its like a Sendvichara you're pretty much eating on the street. Quality food though, have you tried Zoki Trajcheski's joint in Reservoir on Edwards Street? They got good kebapi there.

Comment

• Bill77
                    • Oct 2009

Its in Epping Bij. You will not regret it. $12 for a pajnca 10 kebapi so droben kromit i drobena marulka with complementry basket of fresh bread (i think they bake it them selves). You will not taste better kebapi. Exactly like they make them in Bitola. Thats if you like kebapi, i just wanted to give you an example of pricing and what you get. PM me when you do arive and i will give you the exact addres

Comment

• Prolet
                      • Sep 2009

Bill, Nafora is bread on a BBQ, cut up in pieces with rendano sirenje on top. There is no other way to serve kebapi they come with diced kromid and a cooked piperka on top with bread. The Skara at DD's is very good i agree

Comment

• Bill77
                        • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Prolet View Post
                        Its in Epping on high street

Bill, The food is good there however the place is so small its like a Sendvichara you're pretty much eating on the street. Quality food though, have you tried Zoki Trajcheski's joint in Reservoir on Edwards Street? They got good kebapi there.
                        They all get there kebapi from the same suplier. "Dunav" a serb from spingvale way. They ae bloody briliant. A deli in Preston Market sell them so does a place at the Stables Shoping centre. There is also a little restaurant in Peston market that also serve them.

Prolet, DD's is not much smaller than bitola, Though sat nights you have to book a table. The diferance is, apart from quality, at DD's you dont have sleezy old men staring at your mrs all night. I find many that hang out at Bitola loosers.

Prolet, you are not one of those old men are you????? just joking mate.

Comment

• Bij
                          • Oct 2009

yummmm you guys are making me hungryyyyyyyy and I am home sick with boring chicken supa

Comment

• The LION will ROAR
                            • Jan 2009

[QUOTE=Prolet;53061]Lion, Ima li za na masa kachvanje?

Ima Prolet, ama jas samo na zenski se kachvam....lol

Bij, interesting to know.. we gave what the serbs wanted now they take ownership.. and they don't return the favour back.. fcukem not going there again..

People you are making me hungry..."These pretzel (kebapi) are making me thirsty...lol

Will be going to all those resturants in bitola in a months time...mmm
                            The Macedonians originates it, the Bulgarians imitate it and the Greeks exploit it!

Comment

• Prolet
                              • Sep 2009

Bill, Vo Bitolskono ti ja gibat zhenata? I havnt really noticed but i've heard a few stories about it. At night time theres been a few punch ups too, especially those who get pissed after midnight.

Comment

• Bij
                                • Oct 2009

I should make myself some leb na fora. I have some domasna piper bukovska I have smuggled in to the country in my suitcase somewhere. sooooo hungry

yeah lion, after the sleazy serb owner of sun and moon tried to hit on me and told me he refused to stock maco wine I refuse to go anymore. fuck him to hell!

nothing like the good old days with trajko, bog da go prosti, who would shake your hand when you walked in and say dobro dojdovte. now there was a man you'd be happy to hand your money over to.

Comment

Working...
                                X