X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Risto the Great
    • Sep 2008

Time for a new Macedonian organisation?

I hate being divisive. But I recall a time when a few of us used to post on Maknews until the ideology became unworkable. We vowed to remain subdued on the matter and proceeded to establish arguably the most respectable English speaking Macedonian forum in the world. There is a thread I created about a "Maknews Fork" and it explained our sentiment at the time.

Have the Australian Macedonians (amongst others) reached a similar fork in the road? Is "too much nationalism" such a bad thing at a time when none exists? What is too much nationalism? Is it a grasp on history and the belief that Macedonians have perpetuated all things their ancestors have before them? Is it a belief that their homeland is sacred and that the priority of our people is to preserve our heritage and unique position in this diverse world?

Is there room for an articulate group of people who come from such a perspective? Can they capture the imagination of Macedonians around the world and help forge an identity that has been shaken from its roots over the last 100 years?

A great deal of thought has been given to this matter over the last 12 months. Your thoughts are appreciated.
    Risto the Great
    MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
    "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com
  • Daskalot
    • Sep 2008

I sincerely do think that there is room for an organization that is driven by passionate members of the Macedonian diaspora, I think such a group would attract a wide audience.
    And do a lot of good to Macedonians inside and outside of the Republic.
    Macedonian Truth Organisation

Comment

• Vangelovski
      • Sep 2008

RtG, I think its definitely TIME!
      If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Serdarot
        • Feb 2010

i will "reply" now with the post from earlier today

I don't like UMD's politics, I've made no secret of that. A number of things need to be raised about their politics, and where they stand in relation to Macedonian politics. Some of their members supported a name change for NATO membership, even though the negotations were so heavily one sided in favor of the Greeks, who

same question, and guys, the question is not made without a reason... many of you do not know me, but we will learn eachother (this connected to the fact that i DONT ask questions without a reason)

Anyone knows what was the difference between Kote od Rulja and Lazo Pop Trajko?
        Bratot:
        Никој не е вечен, а каузава не е нова само е адаптирана на новите услови и ќе се пренесува и понатаму.

Comment

• Bratot
          • Sep 2008

In my opinion we are going backwards with time so far, a new organization should be founded immediately.

My full support!
          The purpose of the media is not to make you to think that the name must be changed, but to get you into debate - what name would suit us! - Bratot

Comment

• Bill77
            • Oct 2009

Macedonian situation is sick. To many diseases that needs to be cured.

A patriotic organisation is the perfect antidote to get rid of all the corupt, self centered, external meddling Diseased people and organisations.

Macedonia should be number one priority. i'm All for a strong patriotic organisation.
            http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• aleksandrov
              • Feb 2010

There are already organizations around that fit the purposes of all of the different ideological subsections of the Macedonian diaspora, RtG. They just require a regular influx of competent new individuals to assume executive and/or policy-development and/or support duties, with serious and systematic work (alongside more experienced people, so as to provide a healthy balance between continuity and renewal, or between appreciation for existing strengths and drive to overcome weaknesses and build on the strengths).

When all is said and done, it is leading by example that brings progress. Criticism only serves to identify what needs to be fixed. Forming new organizations, rather than consolidating and refreshing existing ones, detracts attention from the real problems, which fundamentally arise from the interests, convictions and character of the individuals who act on behalf of any organization, and who may be here today and gone tomorrow. The idea that in order to improve things it is necessary to start a new organization is a premise that UMD started with. A few years later, you are back to square one. And it's not the first time that's happened in the Macedonian community.
              All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. Arthur Schopenhauer

https://www.facebook.com/igor.a.aleksandrov?ref=tn_tnmn

Comment

• Vangelovski
                • Sep 2008

Aleksandrov,

I agree in part, in that existing organisations need to be renewed, however, this isn't always appropriate. There are some smaller communities across Australia where existing organisations are highly unlikely to attract informed and experienced people for reasons that I know you would disagree with, however, the fact remains that the people we are trying to attract have stated those reasons as to why they refuse to joing the existing organisation in the particular case I'm talking about.
                If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• El Bre
                  • Sep 2008

If any new organization is to be successful, our folks in Australia need to put the "church dispute" in the back seat and let what is truly important take precedence. It may sound altruistic and trite, but, we need everyone pulling in the same direction. The fact that there has been disunity among us is our biggest downfall.

We have been divided, but not yet conquered. Let's not let it happen.

Comment

• makedonche
                    • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Serdarot View Post
                    i will "reply" now with the post from earlier today

I don't like UMD's politics, I've made no secret of that. A number of things need to be raised about their politics, and where they stand in relation to Macedonian politics. Some of their members supported a name change for NATO membership, even though the negotations were so heavily one sided in favor of the Greeks, who

same question, and guys, the question is not made without a reason... many of you do not know me, but we will learn eachother (this connected to the fact that i DONT ask questions without a reason)
                    We all ask questions for a reason. Kota od Rujlia was a traitor who killed my great, great grandfather's, as for Lazo Pop Trajko, don't know, fill me in on the details.
                    On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• makedonche
                      • Oct 2008

RTG
                      It may be more pertinent to ask if it's time for a better organisation rather than a new one. Having said that a New organisation has many potential benefits e.g. taking the best out of existing organisations and moulding them into a new one.
                      On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• aleksandrov
                        • Feb 2010

Originally posted by El Bre View Post
                        If any new organization is to be successful, our folks in Australia need to put the "church dispute" in the back seat and let what is truly important take precedence. It may sound altruistic and trite, but, we need everyone pulling in the same direction. The fact that there has been disunity among us is our biggest downfall.

We have been divided, but not yet conquered. Let's not let it happen.

El Bre,

With all due respect, the Macedonian communities in Australia have done a lot more than anybody expected so far to resist the aggression against them by an undeserving Bishop of the Macedonian Orthodox Church, with state backing. It is now time for the Macedonians elsewhere to start taking a deeper and more active interest in who is running the Macedonian Church and how.

A proven advocate of the Serbian Orthodox Church's hostile policies against the Macedonian people and their Church has been given a blank cheque by the Macedonian state and Synod to unscrupulously attempt to usurp Macedonian community properties and transfer them to his personal name, to declare tens of thousands of Macedonians who have established, sustained and promoted Macedonian Orthodox churches in Australia for five decades as "excommunicated non-believers" and their parishes as 'desecrated", their non-profit organizations as 'businesses' of deceptive company directors, their selected representatives as gangsters, Bulgarian servants etc., only because they have resisted his attempts at usurpation. What are the Macedonians in the Republic and in other parts of the Diaspora doing to even get to the facts in the dispute, let alone resolution of it? Armchair preaching doesn't help.

I hope you don't take offense to that.
                        All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. Arthur Schopenhauer

Comment

• DedoAleko
                          • Jun 2009

What the Macedonian needs is a strong radical wing that will cut heads.
                          Enough with the mumbojumbo.

Comment

• aleksandrov
                            • Feb 2010

Originally posted by DedoAleko View Post
                            What the Macedonian needs is a strong radical wing that will cut heads.
                            Enough with the mumbojumbo.
                            Well, they certainly won't get that by discussing it on an internet forum. The only thing this type of talk in serious discussion forums brings is negative publicity and stalking and harassment by state security agents.

Comment

• El Bre
                              • Sep 2008

No, I don't take offence at all. As a matter of fact, I quite expected you to respond exactly the way you did given your passion for this issue. Truth be told, in my case your preaching to the choir. Having said that, it just doesn't play in Peoria. Macedonians around the world are concerned with other issues, big issues, like our very identity.

The point is that as a nation, we need priorities and perspective or we're going nowhere in a big hurry.
                              Last edited by El Bre; 02-09-2010, 08:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X