X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Soldier of Macedon
    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by damian View Post
    To argue there were never Greeks in Macedonia before 1922 is ridiculous nonsense. There are alot of hypocrites on this forum.
    Who said there were never Greeks in Macedonia before 1922? There are some people on this forum who conjure fiction. Are you one of them?
    In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Phoenix
      • Dec 2008

To argue there were never Greeks in Macedonia before 1922 is ridiculous nonsense. There are alot of hypocrites on this forum.
      Who said that there were NEVER any 'greeks'...you seem a bit touchy there buddy...lol

Comment

• Risto the Great
        • Sep 2008

Oh there were very small Greek pockets Damian.
        They would have sooner shot themselves than describe themselves as anything other than Romioi (or later "Greek"). So, again, the fascination with "Macedonia" by Greeks over the last few years is a little bit painful.

You seem a little touchy about things Damian. Tell me, how many Greeks do you think would have been in what is now RoMacedonia before 1923?
        Risto the Great
        MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
        "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• George S.
          • Aug 2009

i read somewhere that the local greek population in the aegean area was about 10% of the
          macedonian one numbering more than a million & was the major population there prior to 1912.The greeks prior to 1912 were a minority & in solun they had a consular embassy.
          "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
          GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• damian
            Banned
            • Jun 2012

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
            Oh there were very small Greek pockets Damian.
            They would have sooner shot themselves than describe themselves as anything other than Romioi (or later "Greek"). So, again, the fascination with "Macedonia" by Greeks over the last few years is a little bit painful.

You seem a little touchy about things Damian. Tell me, how many Greeks do you think would have been in what is now RoMacedonia before 1923?
            I dont know the exact stats but there were Greek-speakers all over Macedonia. South Macedonia, Bitola, Serres etc West Macedonia going into Epirus and towards Thessaly. I really doubt Greek speaking peasants in Macedonia ever reffered to themselves as "Romaioi". I am familiar with the rural-highland Greek spoken in West Macedonia there is no such word as "Romaioi".
            Last edited by damian; 08-26-2012, 03:28 PM.

Comment

• makgerman
              • Nov 2009

I dont know the stats but there were Greek-speakers all over Macedonia. South Macedonia, Bitola, Serres etc West Macedonia going into Epirus and towards Thessaly.
              If you don't know the stats then you shouldn't claim that there were Greek speakers all over Macedonia unless you are certain.

It's a deceiving statement similar to someone saying there were Albanians all over Macedonia when we all know it isn't correct.

Comment

• damian
                Banned
                • Jun 2012

Originally posted by makgerman View Post
                If you don't know the stats then you shouldn't claim that there were Greek speakers all over Macedonia unless you are certain.

It's a deceiving statement similar to someone saying there were Albanians all over Macedonia when we all know it isn't correct.
                I dont know the exact numbers but I know there were Greek speakers in the places I referred to, and yes before the Pontians were resettled. There were also Greek revolts in West-South Macedonia during the Greek Revolutionary War and 1854 etc. By "all over" I meant spread out throughout Macedonia.

Do you deny there were massacres of Greek speakers in Macedonia by Bulgariaophiles etc which reached their zenith during Bulgarias occupation of Macedonia during WWII?
                Last edited by damian; 08-26-2012, 05:45 PM.

Comment

• makgerman
                  • Nov 2009

By "all over" I meant spread out throughout Macedonia.
                  That is incorrect. There wasn't Greeks spreadout throughout Macedonia, eg Skopje, Struga, Ohrid, Shtip etc- do you understand what my point is?

As I don't know the correct number and if I used your method then I can say there were Romi (Gypsies) and Turks all around Greece who were also massacred by the Greeks.

Comment

• damian
                    Banned
                    • Jun 2012

That is incorrect. There wasn't Greeks spreadout throughout Macedonia, eg Skopje, Struga, Ohrid, Shtip etc- do you understand what my point is?

Not really. There are/were Greeks in : Bitola, Serres, Grevena, Kozani, Salonika etc.

As I don't know the correct number and if I used your method then I can say there were Romi (Gypsies) and Turks all around Greece who were also massacred by the Greeks.
                    There were considerable numbers of Turks in Greece proper and yes they were massacred. Do you deny Bulgarophiles massacred Greeks?

Comment

• makgerman
                      • Nov 2009

There were considerable numbers of Turks in Greece proper and yes they were massacred. Do you deny Bulgarophiles massacred Greeks?
                      Please define a Bulgarophile?

Comment

• damian
                        Banned
                        • Jun 2012

Please define a Bulgarophile?
                        Someone who wants Macedonia to be part of Bulgaria.

Comment

• makgerman
                          • Nov 2009

Someone who wants Macedonia to be part of Bulgaria.
                          Are you implying that there were Macedonians who acted as Bugarophil and in turn massacred Greeks?

Comment

• Stojacanec
                            • Dec 2009

I dont know the exact numbers but I know there were Greek speakers in the places I referred to, and yes before the Pontians were resettled. There were also Greek revolts in West-South Macedonia during the Greek Revolutionary War and 1854 etc. By "all over" I meant spread out throughout Macedonia.

Do you deny there were massacres of Greek speakers in Macedonia by Bulgariaophiles etc which reached their zenith during Bulgarias occupation of Macedonia during WWII?
                            Do you deny that the Macedonians tried to obtain their own literal language about 100 years before they actually did under the new Yugo? If not, would that change your definition of a Bulgariaophile?

Comment

• damian
                              Banned
                              • Jun 2012

Originally posted by Stojacanec View Post
                              Do you deny that the Macedonians tried to obtain their own literal language about 100 years before they actually did under the new Yugo? If not, would that change your definition of a Bulgariaophile?
                              What does that have to do with the subject? To be more precise: did Exarchists massacre Greeks? And what does what Makedonci speak have anything to do with a literary language or even a religious liturgy? Are you saying no Macedonians were Bulgarophiles?

Comment

• makgerman
                                • Nov 2009

What does that have to do with the subject? To be more precise: did Exarchists massacre Greeks? And what does what Makedonci speak have anything to do with a literary language or even a religious liturgy? Are you saying no Macedonians were Bulgarophiles?
                                You haven't answered my question. Are you implying that Macedonians massacred Elleni/Grci?

Comment

Working...
                                X