Mother language - Macedonian, found in Greek report from 1911!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Soldier of Macedon
    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Droog
    @Pelister do some reading before trying to discuss onomatology.
    Perhaps you need to, because while I don't agree that all Albanian names are non-Albanian, most do appear to be so. This applies to both personal and place names. Anyway, are you going to answer the question that Daskalot asked you previously - what does 'dalipi' mean in Albanian?
    In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Droog
      • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Bratot View Post
      You are going into circle with me, you failed to provide any online available reference about Dalipis which is odd and you are trying to prove the common Macedonian surnames with Google or Facebook?

Btw, tell us your own conclussions about the religious connection with these surnames?
      It's not a common Macedonian surname. Few thousand simple google results don't make it common compared to "Dalipi", which is has "about 281,000 results". There are about x2 more people in Greece with a form of that surname than in Macedonia+Bulgaria+Serbia. The fact that most of these people have Muslim names and some Albanian ones does indicate that their surname obviously wasn't an -ovski and we all know when these changes happened.

@SoM It's related to the verb "Dal" and it's also used as a personal name (fe. General Dalip Ndreu).

Comment

• Daskalot
        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Bratot View Post

Recently, we obtained another official Greek document from the beginning of the 20th century in which Greek bureaucrats confirm the existence of the Macedonian nation and the Macedonian language.

Dimitar Ljorovski Vamvakovski, a historian at Macedonia's Institute of National History obtained the original document, dates it at year 1910-11. He explained that the document was written by the school principal for Greek propaganda in Macedonia and is a report on the pupils of the Bitola school center. It lists which pupil comes from what village and what is his or her mother tongue.

This is yet another "raw" proof that should be analyzed further by Macedonian historians and added to complete the bigger picture of Macedonian history.

Mr. Vamvakovski previously helped discover the Order of the Lerin prefecture of 1954 which outlaws the use of the Macedonia language in Greece.

We expect additional new discoveries to unmask further the propaganda efforts aiming at negating the Macedonians, and express out gratitude for the research conducted by Macedonian historians.

From Macedonian Spark.
        During my research I have found information supporting this document thus validating it. It will be posted soon.
        Macedonian Truth Organisation

Comment

• Pelister
          • Sep 2008

Can't wait to see it Daskalot.

Comment

• Daskalot
            • Sep 2008

Pelister, what makes this source even greater is that it is a very recent book published by a Greek scholar. He gives a reference to the above document but somehow manages to not report on the native language of the pupils. Wonder why?
            Macedonian Truth Organisation

Comment

• Pelister
              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Daskalot View Post
              Pelister, what makes this source even greater is that it is a very recent book published by a Greek scholar. He gives a reference to the above document but somehow manages to not report on the native language of the pupils. Wonder why?
              It sounds like a valuable discovery. The answer to the question as to why he doesn't report the native language of the pupils as being Macedonian, who can really say. the Macedonians have been entirely written out of the national story. The 'omission' of the Macedonians is systemic - they are never named, they are usually renamed. Its possible that he might have been doing this, but that doesn't explain why he would cite the source, unless the source we have here is not accurate?

Comment

• SirGeorge8600
                • Jun 2011

Originally posted by makedonin View Post
                Interesting Bratot...

I am sure that Greeks are able to ignore this by stretch of their imagination... business as usual.
                Not really, most Greeks know that all the anti-Macedonian sentiment comes from the corrupt government of the past decade. There are many videos of Greek professors and political scientists regarding Macedonia and there are even Greek maps I have seen from the 70's and 80's that label Macedonia IN YUGOSLAVIA when few other countries did that.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                  • Sep 2008

Can you post these maps and videos here?
                  In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• SirGeorge8600
                    • Jun 2011

I'll try, I remember seeing them on another forum...

I found one I haven't seen before...

YouTube - ‪Thalia Dragonas: Ethnic Macedonians have the right to self-identification‬‏

and one of the maps from the 70's

Comment

• George S.
                      • Aug 2009

Sir George it is called propaganda.You are right they have been in overdrive in the propaganda stakes.Also we have noticed some people learnered from the greek side coming out & speaking their minds & for that who knows what they got.If the greek press is anything to go by they usually side with the govt but some things are missed & we have other reports of what is really going on.We also have many maps & welcome others that show prior to 1913 as macedonia undivided & as a whole.We also have many books of references & refernces from turkish archives & also even greek letters & information that the people living in the agean area were macedonian.
                      "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                      GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

Working...
                      X