X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bratot
    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Voltron View Post
    Really, so why cant we find anything aside from Greek in the region ? You would think there would be an abundance of examples in our region aside from Greek. But there isnt. Only in some rare cases of Thracian writing and even in this case Greek characters were used.

As far as your quotes, I can find just as many that state otherwise. As if that game hasnt been played out enough.

There should be an emoticon of a dead horse getting beaten in this forum.
    Yes, really.

Just because today you call yourselves "Greeks" and live in a state called "Greece" which happen to occupy that particular territory doesn't have anything to do what those characters meant prior than your knowledge of them.

Make a research about Ethruric, Vinca, Phoenician, scripts before commenting.

And compare it for example with:

Vinca Script on WN Network delivers the latest Videos and Editable pages for News & Events, including Entertainment, Music, Sports, Science and more, Sign up and share your playlists.

Even your Wikakia cannot support your claims on this forum.
    The purpose of the media is not to make you to think that the name must be changed, but to get you into debate - what name would suit us! - Bratot

Comment

• Voltron
      Banned
      • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Bratot View Post
      Yes, really.

Just because today you call yourselves "Greeks" and live in a state called "Greece" which happen to occupy that particular territory doesn't have anything to do what those characters meant prior than your knowledge of them.

Make a research about Ethruric, Vinca, Phoenician, scripts before commenting.
      Purely speculation, there is nothing solid to suggest any of those. Phoenician also know as Sea People ( aka Philhistines - Mycenean ) connection. That would sound more probable.

Aside from the Dispilio here is another tablet over 3000yrs old.
      Who needs neighbors when you already have a good base at home ?

Comment

• Bratot
        • Sep 2008

Apparently, we can use that 'home base' more convincingly than you do.

It's ridiculous how YOU claim the Dispilio script even thought its located in purely Macedonian land!

Btw did you read those wikakia links?
        The purpose of the media is not to make you to think that the name must be changed, but to get you into debate - what name would suit us! - Bratot

Comment

• Voltron
          Banned
          • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Bratot View Post
          Apparently, we can use that 'home base' more convincingly than you do.

It's ridiculous how YOU claim the Dispilio script even thought its located in purely Macedonian land!

Btw did you read those wikakia links?
          Bratot, where did I claim anything ?
          Trying to discredit anything Greek only highlights your prejudice and compromises any objectivity you may have. I dont consider Macedonian land foreign to Greece and this in lies the whole paradox to this political equation.

Anyway, just need you to think a little before you make some "matter of fact" statements.

Comment

• Bratot
            • Sep 2008

Who cares what you consider for a foreign land and your accusation of me being 'prejudice' is the real paradox.

The writing system that ancient Hellenes used was as much 'Greek' as the Phoenician or Aramaic script.

Your whole modern history is set on mythological explanations because there are no real facts you could hold on.

Comment

• Stojacanec
              • Dec 2009

Originally posted by Voltron View Post
              Bratot, where did I claim anything ?
              Trying to discredit anything Greek only highlights your prejudice and compromises any objectivity you may have. I dont consider Macedonian land foreign to Greece and this in lies the whole paradox to this political equation.

Anyway, just need you to think a little before you make some "matter of fact" statements.
              Voltorn, Greek was the official language of today's Northern Greece or Aegan Macedonia only for the last 100 years. Do you agree?

There was a net movement in and out of Macedonian land of more than 2,000,000 people 90 years ago.....

So with this in mind under what pretents do you not consider Macedonian land foreign to Greece.

Comment

• George S.
                • Aug 2009

Back in before 1913 in the agean area 10% of the poulation was greek.The greeks had even a consulate in solun.The macedonians were the majority prior to 1913 & macedonian was widely spoken.Until the stupid thieves came along & took our land & tried to assimlate the people.
                "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Voltron
                  Banned
                  • Jan 2011

[QUOTE]
                  Originally posted by Stojacanec View Post
                  Voltorn, Greek was the official language of today's Northern Greece or Aegan Macedonia only for the last 100 years. Do you agree?
                  What do you mean by official ?

There was a net movement in and out of Macedonian land of more than 2,000,000 people 90 years ago.....
                  There was a lot of movement in Macedonia in general as a region.

So with this in mind under what pretents do you not consider Macedonian land foreign to Greece.
                  Quite simple, I consider Ancient Macedonia a part of Greece and not foreign. This is where the split between both parties occurs. And to be honest, I cant see how we can ever reconcile this problem. I have no issues with people today identifying themselves and language as Macedonian. But when it comes to antiquity, how do you suggest this to be solved ?

Comment

• Bratot
                    • Sep 2008

We will use the ancient solution as appropriate:

"When Greece was conquered by Philip of Macedonia and occupied by his son Alexander the Great, Macedonians officially became real Hellenes."

Now you will occupy us and we will become officially real Macedonians.

Nothing so perfect and pure as the 'Greek' logic.

Comment

Working...
                    X