Slavic Migration Theory - 'The Evidence'

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Delodephius
    Member
    • Sep 2008
    • 736

    #16
    100 million? You mean all of Europe and Asia were whiped out?
    What Tero forgot to write, and I think on purpose, is that the original article said "across the globe". During the ascend of Justinian I (527 AD) whole of Europe had only about 15-20 million inhabitants. During the ascend of Charlemagne (800 AD) the number rose to about 25-30 million souls, 15 million of them in the Carolingian Empire alone.

    Second thing: northern Balkans was near deserted well into the 18th century. I know, I live there. The land on both sides of the Danube and around the Tise, Sava and Drava rivers were barely ever populated since the land was nothing more than one big marshland for millennia. The river Danube was almost impassable because of 5 miles of swamp on both of its sides. Reason why most invasions from the north were done thought the Iron Gates and why Trajan's bridge was built there, because of mountains and cliffs instead of swamp around the river.

    Third thing: when you see an enemy army marching to your village, what do you do? You run for the hills dumbass! You don't just stay there and await your doom. Unless you live in a fortified city, and only those places were important to ancient historians. I personally hate cities and wouldn't trade a rural life for anything in the world. The peasants always survive!
    अयं निज: परो वेति गणना लघुचेतसाम्।
    उदारमनसानां तु वसुधैव कुटुंबकम्॥
    This is mine or (somebody) else’s (is the way) narrow minded people count.
    But for broad minded people, (whole) earth is (like their) family.

    Comment

    • osiris
      Senior Member
      • Sep 2008
      • 1969

      #17
      som greece had a magic wall that protetcted it from the ravges of history. the wall was set up sometime in the 19th century and transported back in time by albanain magic chants. surely you knew this bro, slovak you make to much sense please accept that what modern greeks desire is the real balkan reality, and its a reality where the laws of physics do not apply.

      Comment

      • Venom
        Member
        • Sep 2008
        • 445

        #18
        Wow Napoleon, Slovak, SoM and osiris' very logical argument has invited Terranova back with made up facts and very little substance.

        If you're the best MotW have got to send here, we've got little to worry about. Because, well, you don't actually BELIEVE what you say? Do you?!
        S m r t - i l i - S l o b o d a

        Comment

        • TerraNova
          Banned
          • Nov 2008
          • 473

          #19
          Originally posted by Slovak/Anomaly/Tomas View Post
          100 million? You mean all of Europe and Asia were whiped out?
          What Tero forgot to write, and I think on purpose, is that the original article said "across the globe". During the ascend of Justinian I (527 AD) whole of Europe had only about 15-20 million inhabitants. During the ascend of Charlemagne (800 AD) the number rose to about 25-30 million souls, 15 million of them in the Carolingian Empire alone.

          Second thing: northern Balkans was near deserted well into the 18th century. I know, I live there. The land on both sides of the Danube and around the Tise, Sava and Drava rivers were barely ever populated since the land was nothing more than one big marshland for millennia. The river Danube was almost impassable because of 5 miles of swamp on both of its sides. Reason why most invasions from the north were done thought the Iron Gates and why Trajan's bridge was built there, because of mountains and cliffs instead of swamp around the river.

          Third thing: when you see an enemy army marching to your village, what do you do? You run for the hills dumbass! You don't just stay there and await your doom. Unless you live in a fortified city, and only those places were important to ancient historians. I personally hate cities and wouldn't trade a rural life for anything in the world. The peasants always survive!
          First of all it's not 'what i say or write.
          It's the UCLA department of Epidemiology.
          Feel free to send them an e-mail about your doubts.

          Comment

          • Soldier of Macedon
            Senior Member
            • Sep 2008
            • 13675

            #20
            Have you sent the scholars an email about your doubts and wikipedia revelations?
            In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

            Comment

            • Delodephius
              Member
              • Sep 2008
              • 736

              #21
              No Terra, you wrote it wrong.

              It is estimated that the Plague of Justinian killed as many as 100 million people across the world.
              How could a plague kill 100 million people in Europe when there weren't even that many births in 200 years?


              As the ancient world came to an end there was a steep decline in population, reaching its lowest point around 542 with the bubonic plague (the Plague of Justinian, the last great plague in Europe until the Black Death of the 14th century). Estimates of total population of Europe are speculative, but at the time of Charlemagne it is thought to be between 25 and 30 million, and of this 15 million are in the Carolingian Empire that included France, the Low Countries, half of Germany, Austria, and Italy. Unlike the frontier settler image of a lone self-sufficient farmer who moves when he sees smoke from the neighbor's chimney, medieval settlements were thickly populated, with large zones of unpopulated wilderness in between. To be alone in the Middle Ages, and not part of a community, carried great risks. Crowded communities existed as islands in a sea of uncultivated wilderness.
              Last edited by Delodephius; 01-24-2009, 06:30 AM.
              अयं निज: परो वेति गणना लघुचेतसाम्।
              उदारमनसानां तु वसुधैव कुटुंबकम्॥
              This is mine or (somebody) else’s (is the way) narrow minded people count.
              But for broad minded people, (whole) earth is (like their) family.

              Comment

              • Delodephius
                Member
                • Sep 2008
                • 736

                #22
                And one more thing Terra: the subject of the Slavic invasion is a matter for the Slavists and not Hellenists. There is no place for you in that subjects.
                Macedonia is also a matter for the Slavists since modern Macedonians are Slavs and since there was no Slavic migration and that can be easily proven, the ancient Macedonians were also Slavs. We are taking over now and you can go and fuck yourselves sir. This is our field of expertise. I'm not letting you dumb mechanic into the laboratory.
                अयं निज: परो वेति गणना लघुचेतसाम्।
                उदारमनसानां तु वसुधैव कुटुंबकम्॥
                This is mine or (somebody) else’s (is the way) narrow minded people count.
                But for broad minded people, (whole) earth is (like their) family.

                Comment

                • Delodephius
                  Member
                  • Sep 2008
                  • 736

                  #23
                  SoM, have you read "Making of the Slavs" by Florin Curta? I'm half way through and he gives some good explanations about why there was no migration of Slavs into Balkans. It's very very good. If you haven't, you can download it here (click on the download link below):
                  http://www.esnips.com/doc/c6705dfa-9...he-Slavs-(2001)
                  Last edited by Delodephius; 01-24-2009, 09:20 AM.
                  अयं निज: परो वेति गणना लघुचेतसाम्।
                  उदारमनसानां तु वसुधैव कुटुंबकम्॥
                  This is mine or (somebody) else’s (is the way) narrow minded people count.
                  But for broad minded people, (whole) earth is (like their) family.

                  Comment

                  • TerraNova
                    Banned
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 473

                    #24
                    Originally posted by Slovak/Anomaly/Tomas View Post
                    No Terra, you wrote it wrong.


                    How could a plague kill 100 million people in Europe when there weren't even that many births in 200 years?

                    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medieva...raphy#400-1000
                    [/quote]
                    The following is the original source.You can find that i wrote it exactly as it is written in it.

                    I don't believe the passage means that the plague killed 100millions in Europe either.
                    It suggests 100 mill total ,and 50% of Europe's population.
                    50% of Europe's population it's a huge number .so huge that supports the significant role of Slavic migration.

                    Comment

                    • TerraNova
                      Banned
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 473

                      #25
                      Originally posted by Slovak/Anomaly/Tomas View Post
                      And one more thing Terra: the subject of the Slavic invasion is a matter for the Slavists and not Hellenists. There is no place for you in that subjects.
                      Macedonia is also a matter for the Slavists since modern Macedonians are Slavs and since there was no Slavic migration and that can be easily proven, the ancient Macedonians were also Slavs. We are taking over now and you can go and fuck yourselves sir. This is our field of expertise. I'm not letting you dumb mechanic into the laboratory.
                      This is absolutely YOUR and ultra nationalists conclusion.
                      If you dare to tell this face to face to a historian (wherever he comes from-even from RoM) ,he will laugh at you.
                      Try it.

                      You can't claim a scientific approach for yourself ,when you re making solid conclusions ,on unproved hypothesis.

                      Also "go and fuck you" it's easy to be told by a 15 y.o boy behind his pc screen,but remember it just makes you look in the corner and ridiculous-not a wannabe amateur historian at least.

                      Comment

                      • Delodephius
                        Member
                        • Sep 2008
                        • 736

                        #26
                        Hmmm... again with the nationalism crap. Look, I really don't care about what who nation is or what is who's national agenda. My concern is only history and science and I see people like you distorting it. I'm not afraid to discuss my views with historians. It isn't hard if you know how to approach and talk to them. Sure, I'm no historian yet, I'm just half way through college, but it doesn't take a genius to figure things out. All you need is a mixture of a Buddhist and Sophist logical reasoning. I won't be in college forever. That is what you should remember. And I won't be sitting in the background yelling my throat out like those nationalist idiots who think Macedonia or Greece or whichever country is the centre of the Universe.

                        And by the way, the link you provided isn't working dumbass.
                        अयं निज: परो वेति गणना लघुचेतसाम्।
                        उदारमनसानां तु वसुधैव कुटुंबकम्॥
                        This is mine or (somebody) else’s (is the way) narrow minded people count.
                        But for broad minded people, (whole) earth is (like their) family.

                        Comment

                        • TerraNova
                          Banned
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 473

                          #27
                          Originally posted by Slovak/Anomaly/Tomas View Post
                          Hmmm... again with the nationalism crap. Look, I really don't care about what who nation is or what is who's national agenda. My concern is only history and science and I see people like you distorting it. I'm not afraid to discuss my views with historians. It isn't hard if you know how to approach and talk to them. Sure, I'm no historian yet, I'm just half way through college, but it doesn't take a genius to figure things out. All you need is a mixture of a Buddhist and Sophist logical reasoning. I won't be in college forever. That is what you should remember. And I won't be sitting in the background yelling my throat out like those nationalist idiots who think Macedonia or Greece or whichever country is the centre of the Universe.

                          And by the way, the link you provided isn't working dumbass.
                          Ok boy.
                          I ve finished University and master.

                          Before 2 years i applied also for History department too-i was accepted-but didn't applied yet because of work.
                          I wish sometime ,i ll be able to have the degree too.

                          Finish your school,enter some Academic circle,and then you ll be able to understand how a theory is formed and accepted or rejected and what is the scientific method .

                          It's true however that anyone when is 16 knows everything about the world.
                          As for the link try to find it lazy ass,it's ucla department of epidemiology.

                          Comment

                          • Daskalot
                            Senior Member
                            • Sep 2008
                            • 4345

                            #28
                            Originally posted by TerraNova View Post
                            Ok boy.
                            I ve finished University and master.

                            Before 2 years i applied also for History department too-i was accepted-but didn't applied yet because of work.
                            I wish sometime ,i ll be able to have the degree too.

                            Finish your school,enter some Academic circle,and then you ll be able to understand how a theory is formed and accepted or rejected and what is the scientific method .

                            It's true however that anyone when is 16 knows everything about the world.
                            As for the link try to find it lazy ass,it's ucla department of epidemiology.
                            didnt you say Good-BYE a couple of days ago??? I gave you credit for that......
                            Macedonian Truth Organisation

                            Comment

                            • TerraNova
                              Banned
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 473

                              #29
                              Originally posted by Daskalot View Post
                              didnt you say Good-BYE a couple of days ago??? I gave you credit for that......
                              In fact i just checked the site,and saw Jankovska's post,about how beautiful her life became ,since she read my goodbye,
                              so i came back to ruin her day.

                              Seriously ,i m not really to stay -i me so busy this period that i won't have time for forums- maybe i ll check it again after 2-3 months.

                              Comment

                              • Risto the Great
                                Senior Member
                                • Sep 2008
                                • 15659

                                #30
                                Originally posted by TerraNova View Post
                                Ok boy.
                                I ve finished University and master.

                                Before 2 years i applied also for History department too-i was accepted-but didn't applied yet because of work.
                                I wish sometime ,i ll be able to have the degree too.
                                What a shame people have to endure a compromised education due to the country they live in.
                                Risto the Great
                                MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                                "Holding my breath for the revolution."

                                Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X