X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Onur
    • Apr 2010

Originally posted by Spartan View Post
    Where I am from we didnt recieve any significant amount of refugees from asia minor, if any, and the pre existing community ceased to exist 200 years ago.
    These people are as foreign to me as the chinese.

Yeah, i know. They are "turkosporo" for most of Greeks.

Comment

• osiris
      • Sep 2008

thanks onur i know that in bulgaria the language was lost early but is it spoken anywhere else today.

also how close to turkish is/was it.

Comment

• fyrOM
        Banned
        • Feb 2010

Go Gruevski. Lets hope they dig up something to prove what we know to be true.

Stip archaeologists start excavating Isar fortress

Stip, April 8 (MIA) - Archaeologists from Stip's Institute for Protection of Monuments and the Museum are launching Thursday excavations at Isar fortress.

Zoran Citkusev, director of the Institute and the Museum, said excavations would take place in the next two and a half months.

- Activities will be conducted at three points - the acropolis, tunnel and St. Vlasie church. The digging will lay the foundations to prepare a project for conservation of the fortress, said Citkusev.

10 archaeologists and 40 workers are engaged for the excavations, financed by the Ministry of Culture and the Department for Protection of Cultural Heritage.

Stip archaeologists are also due to start excavations at the Bargala site, while researches are under way at an archaeological site near the village of Radanje.

Comment

• Spartan
          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by osiris View Post
          you cant invade a nation based on some cock and bull story and expect them to lie down and take it.
          Fully agree Osiris.
          I would even say your above statement is true minus the 'cock and bull story'.

an wait thers more i still havent met one italian who agrees with the greek fantasy claim of una faca una raca ie one face one race as a description of their relationship with each other.
          Well, i can speak on this from my own personal experience.
          My wife is Sicilian Osiris, and her family doesnt like to be called, or associates with being, 'Italian". Now, I do not believe in this 'una ratsa, una fatsa' buisiness either, but my father-in-law (and other family members) have told me that they feel they have more in common with us (greeks from the extreme south) in some regards, than with their own countrymen. They actually despise their countrymen from further north, and dont consider themselves to be of the same stock.
          Last edited by Spartan; 04-08-2010, 12:02 PM.

Comment

• Bill77
            • Oct 2009

Bump

Sportster, you might find this thread interesting which can answer some of your recent questions. Keep in mind i am still building it up. It has many posts which shows Greek atrocities. Not only just towards Macedonians, but other neighbours aswell. Not only that, it shows hour manipulative, untrustworthy and reliant on others Hellas always have been.

Not a very proud history.
            http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• Bill77
              • Oct 2009

Watch this sportster, you can see video of the women and children in the hills escaping. We would have seen video and images that you ask for of the actual bombings, but the cameras would have melted by these napalm bombs. Think about it einstein, would you stop and shoot images when fire is raining down on you?

These people were not communists as your governments propaganda put it. They did not care about A theoretical economic system. But those that did, (thanks to TM for this info) http://books.google.com/books?id=TSx...ans+bulgarians

The emerging strategic environment Edited by Williamson Murray, Excerpt from Brian R. Sullivan, page 15

Many of the latter were Albanians, Macedonians, Bulgarians, and Wallachians(Vlachs). They had joined the communist side-not so much from ideological conviction as from a desire to resist the forced hellenization imposed on the from Athens since 1919.

YouTube - Macedonian memoirs of the Greek Civil War 1946-49

Why would the US listen to Greek propaganda that the Macedonians were communists? one reason could be this,

"An independent Macedonia would come at the expense of Greek territorial integrity, which would raise doubts among other nations about the effectiveness of the Truman Doctrine. But if the White House took a firm stand against such a state and it emerged anyway, America's loss in prestige would be even greater. Policymakers in Washington chose to dodge the issue and avoid having the possible establishment of a Macedonian Republic take on the appearance of a diplomatic defeat for the West."

(the last book posted above are attributed by the contributors Thanos Veremis and Dimitris Constas).
              Last edited by Bill77; 05-11-2010, 02:37 AM.
              http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• johnMKD
                • Apr 2010

Originally posted by Spartan View Post
                Well, i can speak on this from my own personal experience.My wife is Sicilian Osiris, and her family doesnt like to be called, or associates with being, 'Italian". Now, I do not believe in this 'una ratsa, una fatsa' buisiness either, but my father-in-law (and other family members) have told me that they feel they have more in common with us (greeks from the extreme south) in some regards, than with their own countrymen. They actually despise their countrymen from further north, and dont consider themselves to be of the same stock.
                That's true. Most of Italians don't even know this expression (una fatsa, una ratsa), but they feel more Greeks (and/or Arabs in some cases) rather than Italians. This thing about extreme south of Greece is the first time I'm hearing about. I have never heard anyone distinguishing Greeks (with regard North/South) here in Italy. However, I have asked many times about who are the "Macedonians" and they all refer to RoM.
                Macedonian and proud!

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                  • Sep 2008

Thanks for the information John, yours has certainly been an interesting case and we look forward to further interaction as fellow Macedonians.
                  In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• johnMKD
                    • Apr 2010

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
                    Thanks for the information John, yours has certainly been an interesting case and we look forward to further interaction as fellow Macedonians.
                    Thanks a lot SoM. I've been more "active" on the outside here in Italy the past few days, rather than posting something here. However, I've been reading quite a lot of interesting and awakening stuff

My goal these days was to ask at irrelevant times my friends here in Italy of what they believe for Macedonia. My friends are not only Italians but from a wider EU-member state spectrum. So far, I have realised that only a few cases (namely French and Germans) have answered to me in favour of Greece. Most of the cases didn't even know the name dispute and for them Macedonia is only RoM. When asked if they know anything about minorities in Greece and Bulgaria, they really seemed to have no idea about it. In my opinion, this should be the case for Macedonia: to tell the world about these minorities stronger and louder than before.

Finally, interesting is the case of a Serbian that referred to RoM as Macedonia and then apologised to me, when realised I come from Greece.
                    Macedonian and proud!

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                      • Sep 2008

Hahaha, thanks mate, interesting indeed. I was speaking to a Serbian friend of mine a few days ago, top guy. We started talking about King Marko and his shared Macedonian-Serbian heritage through his parents, but then went on to logically agree on some important facts pertaining to his life and actions. That is the way it should be. We then got to talking about some idiot Serb youths who attend football matches as supporters of Greek teams when they play against Macedonians teams, and how on earth they were able to stand next to their Greek buddies after the latter had cursed all of the "dirty Slavs" under the sun. What do they do? Pretend not to have heard it?

Some people are full of themselves, others are ignorant, others are just plain stupid. Thankfully, when speaking about most Serbs outside of the football arena (at least the one's i've met), they've never had any issues with Macedonians. Let's be realistic here, they share more affinity and history in every single way with Macedonians than Greeks, yet they pretend to be "historical brothers" because of what, siding together during a war that saw the partition of Macedonia? Because of a few racist mercenary idiots from Greece participating in Bosnian massacres? It's all plastic, just like the supposed theory of Russia being the "traditional protector" of Orthodox and Slavic-speaking people.

It's all, as we say in Macedonian, veter vo magla. Head of the term before?
                      In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• johnMKD
                        • Apr 2010

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
                        It's all, as we say in Macedonian, veter vo magla. Head of the term before?
                        Never heard it before, but I suppose something about "fog", if I don't make a fool of myself?
                        Macedonian and proud!

Comment

• johnMKD
                          • Apr 2010

BTW, does anybody know a good Macedonian online radio? Could be either with contemporary foreign music or Macedonian folk music.
                          Cheers
                          Macedonian and proud!

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                            • Sep 2008

Literary, wind in fog, lol.

Comment

• Mastika
                              • Feb 2010

Originally posted by johnMKD View Post
                              BTW, does anybody know a good Macedonian online radio? Could be either with contemporary foreign music or Macedonian folk music.
                              Cheers
                              Hi there John, you may like Radio Ohrid they play a mix of music; http://www.radioohrid.com.mk/. At the moment they are playing "Thats Amore" by Dean Martin. Haven't heard that one in a while. It is a nice song.

You may not like it so here is a link to many other Macedonian radio stations available online; http://www.listenlive.eu/macedonia.html.

Enjoy.

Comment

• johnMKD
                                • Apr 2010

Originally posted by Mastika View Post
                                Hi there John, you may like Radio Ohrid they play a mix of music; http://www.radioohrid.com.mk/. At the moment they are playing "Thats Amore" by Dean Martin. Haven't heard that one in a while. It is a nice song.

You may not like it so here is a link to many other Macedonian radio stations available online; http://www.listenlive.eu/macedonia.html.

Enjoy.
                                Thanks a lot Mastika!!
                                Macedonian and proud!

Comment

Working...
                                X