X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • julie
    • May 2009

Serdarot, mozhebi i nie sme svoi

Coastal, I have a feeling that you have come to the MTO as you are curious to the pllight of the Macedonian people. There is a wealth of information on here , and we have a few scholarly well educated individuals that post frequently, and back everything with facts and evidence.

I also believe that you are Macedonian. Born to Macedonian parents that were suppressed with the language by their parents. Your grandparents were probably fearful of speaking Macedonian to your parents because of the dreadful acts of persecution, torture and atrocities they have witnessed. They are not wrong, or right for it, but did this to protect their children as many who stayed. I know this becuase I will not be able to communicate with the relatives of my age , this is what they did. The ones that were part of the detsati begaltsi, the ones that were able to leave/emigrate/ escape as did my grandfather, they are the ones that know the truth
    the truth will set you free, brother.

We have had others come on this forum, with your mindset and have come to realise the truth. And you have come to the right place.
    You are Macedonian
    "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• julie
      • May 2009

Originally posted by Coastal View Post
      Born and live here.
      I really like Florina/lerin region-I also love the music and the women from there )
      We may be cousins.
      "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• johnMKD
        • Apr 2010

Originally posted by julie View Post

Coastal, I have a feeling that you have come to the MTO as you are curious to the pllight of the Macedonian people. There is a wealth of information on here , and we have a few scholarly well educated individuals that post frequently, and back everything with facts and evidence.

I also believe that you are Macedonian. Born to Macedonian parents that were suppressed with the language by their parents. Your grandparents were probably fearful of speaking Macedonian to your parents because of the dreadful acts of persecution, torture and atrocities they have witnessed. They are not wrong, or right for it, but did this to protect their children as many who stayed. I know this becuase I will not be able to communicate with the relatives of my age , this is what they did. The ones that were part of the detsati begaltsi, the ones that were able to leave/emigrate/ escape as did my grandfather, they are the ones that know the truth

We have had others come on this forum, with your mindset and have come to realise the truth. And you have come to the right place.
        You are Macedonian
        I think Coastal is definitely in the right place. I know better, don't I?
        Macedonian and proud!

Comment

• Coastal
          Banned
          • Jun 2010

You are Macedonian
          Julie, i am Macedonian ,but rather in geographical-not ethnical sense.

I come from region where there weren't any Macedonian-speaking villages.
          The only close to that wa one grandmother of mine ,which came from Veroia-Rumluki region ,but again her village was Greek (Greek speaking ).

I see that most people here come from Diaspora,and many are really fanatisized. I can understand that since their parents and grandparents left this land-or were expelled..their ancestors had some really bad feelings towards the winners of the wars who treated them really bad.
          I really cannot understand such a hate ,when they don't live in the region,with the current reality,and they-tmeselves do not have these hard experiences.

My parents and grandparents and great grandparents had also bad experiences with their neighbors (One Great grandfather of mine -the one from Veroia) was murdered by Bulgarian komitadjis and their local Macedonian cooperators.
          My other g-g-father was killed during WWI by the Bulgarians,and his family was expelled for some years in Varna.
          I cannot live in 1900 ! I don't have such a blind hate towards Bulgarians or Macedonians!!

Comment

• julie
            • May 2009

Coastal should read your first post , lol. And our response.
            Its no so much of knowing better, but just knowing. and having acceptance.
            You have done really well, and have come a long way.
            we are all brothers and sisters here, and have been divided and denied our basic human rights and right for self determination. Here we can respect each other and work together so that we may afford the same basic human rights to all of our own, whether they be in mala prepsa, pirin, egey, vardar, we are the one same people. fOREVER.

Comment

• Coastal
              Banned
              • Jun 2010

Coastal should read your first post , lol. And our response.
              Its no so much of knowing better, but just knowing. and having acceptance.
              You have done really well, and have come a long way.
              we are all brothers and sisters here, and have been divided and denied our basic human rights and right for self determination. Here we can respect each other and work together so that we may afford the same basic human rights to all of our own, whether they be in mala prepsa, pirin, egey, vardar, we are the one same people. fOREVER.
              Yes we areall brothers as human and may we be ethnic Greeks ,ethnic Macedonians ,or ethnic Bulgarians we are all Macedonians!

Comment

• julie
                • May 2009

Coastal, I do not hate. Hatred eats the soul. And my soul is precious to me. I pray for basic human rights for my people.
                We live in this day and age where you sepak of hate batko. The Hatred eminates from the Greeks. The Macedonian people are a gentle people. Greece is committing cultural and ethnic genocide. That is hatred.

Comment

• Coastal
                  Banned
                  • Jun 2010

Coastal, I do not hate. Hatred eats the soul. And my soul is precious to me. I pray for basic human rights for my people.
                  We live in this day and age where you sepak of hate batko. The Hatred eminates from the Greeks. The Macedonian people are a gentle people. Greece is committing cultural and ethnic genocide. That is hatred.
                  Julie..i don't believe there are gentle nations! Gentle people from different nations..of course ..
                  As for the genocide...i think you should come to the region after the 40 years that passed.We can travel to Florina/Lerin region if you wish

talking about things and places you know only from your parents/grandparents stories and the internet can create huge misconceptions

Comment

• julie
                    • May 2009

coastal, my mothers brother came to Australia 28 years ago. My beautiful uncle showed me his scars. I am not going to recount the bloodshed my family endured, its on many other posts. They are not a story. They are fact.

One day I would love to go to my maternal grandparents birthplace, my mothers birthplace. And pray that my relatives and cousins and I will be able to understand each other .
                    I also pray thatI will be able to enter Aegean Macedonia with my mothers place of birth as dolno kotori on my passport. Because I refuse to use the re christened name.
                    I am Macedonian, I have that right.

Comment

• Coastal
                      Banned
                      • Jun 2010

Julie,
                      I ve found info about your village- You may find it useful

SOURCES:

and of 15TH century: the village is property of Ramazan,son of Mirali :63 families.
                      Schoinas (1886) : 800 inhabitants
                      Kanchov (1900) : 600 christian Bulgarians,174 christian Albanians
                      Brancoff (1905) : 608 exarchist Bulgarians, 176 patriarchist Bulgarians ,180 Albanians / 1 exarchate's school:30 student ,1 patriarchist:22 students
                      Consulate of Monastiri (1908): "mixed village" (meanexarch/patriarch)
                      Chalkiopoulos (1910) : 333 "terrorized Greeks" ,300 Bulgarians
                      Census 1913 : 894 inhabitants
                      Milosevic 1920 : 120 houses of christian Slavs,30 of christian Albanians
                      Census 1920 : 794 inhabitants (168 families)
                      Census 1928 : 846 inhabitants - 4 of them Greek refugees of 1923
                      statistic 1932 : 170 xenophone families (of foreign language)- 157 of slavic belief
                      statistic 1945 : 1.026 inhabitants ,of which 770 slavic-speaking. 550 of non-greek consiousness ,326 of Greek consioussnes ,150 no ethnic consiousness
                      Simovski: mixed village of christian Macedonians and Albanians. In the mid-war 122 migrated to Bulgaria and 22 to yugoslavia. 68 migrated to Eastern European countries.

Censuses after WWII:
                      1951: 1.267, 1961: 571, 1971: 506, 1981: 456, 1991: 380,
                      2001: 364.

In 14 April 1907 the Exarchists burnt the Patriarchists church.
                      (consulate of Monastiri -paper 354)

And the following are 32 people who reached Ellis Island from Dolno Koroti between 1903-1913:

Vane Velo το 1903.
                      Christo Guiorgui και Flo Kote το 1904.
                      Apostol Sotiv, Gheorghi Mitse, Ilia Cole, Isvan Fraian, Johan Georgi, Kosladan Stortzeff, Naki Cole, Nicola Risto, Petre Bogoya, Risto Petko, Tanas Kole, Tanas Kosta και Vasef Vane το 1905.
                      Naky Dimitri το 1907.
                      Navuntche Vasiloff το 1909.
                      Dimiter Chr. Gorschiloff, Dimitri Tanas, Dinef Delis, Fovan Georgi, Fovan Petre, George Stefanoff, Guele Costadin, Petref Stefs, Petreff Fovan, Vasil Vane και Vikola Michail το 1910.
                      Gheorghi Nicolas το 1912.
                      George Vasiloff το 1913.

Maybe some relatives of yours ...

I hope you ve found these useful or at least interesting.

Comment

• julie
                        • May 2009

Thank you Coastal, bless you for that information
                        and yes, my great grandfather, his brother, and my grandmothers brother, who emigrated to US
                        My great grandfather was one of the last generations of priests, going down several generations , and my family tree on that side of the family , to the 16th century. In Dolno Kotori
                        Last edited by julie; 07-01-2010, 10:13 AM.

Comment

• Makedonetz
                          • Apr 2010

Coastal do you have any Information for Mala Prespa
                          Makedoncite se borat
                          za svoite pravdini!

"The one who works for joining of Macedonia to Bulgaria,Greece or Serbia can consider himself as a good Bulgarian, Greek or Serb, but not a good Macedonian"
                          - Goce Delchev

Comment

• Coastal
                            Banned
                            • Jun 2010

Originally posted by Makedonetz View Post
                            Coastal do you have any Information for Mala Prespa
                            I look for Makedonetz-if you apologize for calling me trash )

Comment

• Makedonetz
                              • Apr 2010

I apologies that was not how i am but i get very defensive when my ethnicity is challenged :rmacedonia
                              Makedoncite se borat
                              za svoite pravdini!

"The one who works for joining of Macedonia to Bulgaria,Greece or Serbia can consider himself as a good Bulgarian, Greek or Serb, but not a good Macedonian"
                              - Goce Delchev

Comment

• Coastal
                                Banned
                                • Jun 2010

Originally posted by Makedonetz View Post
                                I apologies that was not how i am but i get very defensive when my ethnicity is challenged :rmacedonia
                                Accepted.

Mala Prespa is Great or Small Prespa?
                                Do you mean a region or a particular village ??

I have info mainly for the Greek part.

Comment

Working...
                                X