• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • indigen
    • May 2009

Originally posted by Buktop View Post
    done

There are, but a connection has to be drawn to the decision on the naming of the Macedonian language, and it also must be perceived as intentional. It may be more beneficial to organize a community letter of protest to Microsoft first and should the problem persist pursue legal action making our case a bit stronger.

I have not read the Victorian court case, but I have read of it, do you have a link?

While that is true, we would have to compare the Victorian government laws concerning Discrimination and US corporate laws concerning discrimination. If anyone here has a chance, I would encourage the sending of letters of protest to Microsoft concerning the issue and save the correspondence for future reference.
    Google search results for Macedonian Teachers’ Association of Victoria Inc v Human Rights and Equal Opportunity Commission

[PDF]
    HUMAN RIGHTS AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY COMMISSION Racial ...
    File Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat
    The Macedonian Teachers' Association of Victoria Inc made application to the Federal ... The decision of the Human Rights and Equal Opportunity Commission ...
    http://macedonianhr.org.au/reslib/do...2650456042.pdf

Search Results

Microsoft say Macedonia Petition
    Microsoft say Macedonia Petition, hosted at PetitionOnline.com.

Microsoft SAY MACEDONIA
    16 sec - 6 May 2009

YouTube - Microsoft say Macedonia

Video Macedonia: Microsoft say Macedonia
    The campaign also fights against the usage of the FYRO Macedonian language in ... Microsoft say Macedonia petition http://video-mk.blogspot.com/2009/05...macedonia.html
    Last edited by indigen; 05-24-2010, 07:05 AM.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by MakOdToronto View Post
      Ahmeti is Gruevski's partner! Gruevski even says that regularly. Anyone in Macedonia knows Reeker is supporting Ahmeti over Menduh Thaci and the others who are trying to stir the pot. So when Ahmeti says he wants to stay in Gruevski's government and not cause another political crisis, now that's bad? SOM -- do you want Menduh back? When was the last time you were here in Skopje to know what's really going on?!
      Relax mate, ne ripai nogu, I would rather have both Ahmeti and Thaci locked up for treason as terrorists and enemies of the Macedonian state, than throw my support behind one of them against the other.

Gruevski has shown himself to be a weakling by basically going back on his suggestion to pull Macedonia out of the 'name game' if Greece used their veto. Greece did. Macedonia didn't. In 2010 we're still subjected to the same pathetic and shameful circumstances due to the cowardice of our leaders. Recently he has remained silent when foreign ministers like that racist from Bulgaria deny the existence of Macedonians while on a visit IN MACEDONIA.......getting 'told' in your own home, and staying silent like a mouse. Sram da mu e, does he have no self-respect? No integrity?

I do have family in Macedonia, no much in Skopje though. What's the difference? You've 'figured it all out' because you happen to be in Skopje at the moment? Your great concept is supporting Ahmeti and Reeker? Is that it?
      In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• MakOdToronto
        • May 2010

Who said anything about supporting Ahmeti and Reeker? Ahmeti represents his party and is a player; Reeker is just another diplomat telling what his government tells him to say. Why does anyone pay attention? Drop them Albanians and the Americans. when will the Macedonians just stand on their own? why do they beg the Americans (etc) for NATO and EU. Canada and Australia are not in the EU. What we need is more people here trying to get the economy going, Macs bringing back investment and ideas to the Tatkovinata. That's what the Albanians do.
        And you are right SOM about the Bulgarians. Remember that Gruevski has close ties there; Milososki is a son of Dosta, and she is living in Bulgaria.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
          • Sep 2008

MOT, your opinion of Reeker in another post was that he is "pro Macedonian", now he's just "another diplomat". Are you for or against the current stance of the Macedonian government concerning the name? The Albanians? The Bulgarians? Are you for or against the current policies of the US towards Macedonia?
          In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• MakOdToronto
            • May 2010

SOM, that was not my opinion of reeker; i don't really have an opinion about him or any ambassador. the Albanians here (including Ahmeti, I'm told) consider Reeker pro-Macedonian, and the Greeks tried to block him when Bush appointed him, because he was proMacedonian.
            I think the Macedonian government hides behind this NATO and EU stuff, and therefore the name, to cover what they are really doing to the economy here.
            Reeker does not matter in my book -- he just says what Washington tells him to say. I am for the US policy that recognizes Republic of Macedonia. They could have changed that already if they wanted to, but they have not. But I don't really care about the rest of US policy. It's only the NATO stuff that makes the name an issue. Drop NATO and EU. If the government of Macedonia says it does not want to be in NATO, then the US policy would support that. Why does Macedonia want to be in alliance with Greeks, Albanians, and Bulgarians? And Croatians, for that matter. And that is what the current Macedonian government says it wants with NATO. In fact, rumor going around that Gruevski is going to sign a treaty with Russia.

Comment

• julie
              • May 2009

yankee doodle has taken over Canada
              "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

Working...
              X