• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TrueMacedonian
    • Jan 2009

Greece is rated at the bottom of the happiness scale

Greece is rated at the bottom of the happiness scale but top in no suicides

The "happiest"' places on earth breed the highest suicide rates, a study has revealed. The study compared life satisfaction statistics with suicide rates in countries across the world. It showed a range of nations - including Canada, the United States, Iceland, Ireland and Switzerland - display high happiness levels and yet also have high suicide rates. Statistics also showed that while Greece languishes at the bottom of the happiness scale in the countries studied, it also had the lowest suicide rate, just over five per 100,000 people.
    Slayer Of The Modern "greek" Myth!!!
  • George S.
    • Aug 2009

HOw can a moron be happy?What is there to look forward to they have stolen our lands & are living a lie.
    "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
    GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• julie
      • May 2009

George, its how they are going to pay their debt off that will be interesting, and when they hand back our lands that will make it interesting
      "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• Risto the Great
        • Sep 2008

Why would anyone kill themselves if they get paid to do nothing?
        Greeks (and Macedonians) are very social people who tend to hang around talking rubbish for large parts of their days ... this is known to keep you alive longer and is far more preferable to doing yourself in.
        Risto the Great
        MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
        "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• George S.
          • Aug 2009

That's why they want to be in with the eu so that they can rake in that loan money billions & default what can they do to them .
          "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
          GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Makedonska_Kafana
            • Aug 2010

The real problem in Greece is the racist Greek Orthodox Church (government) who have not suffered like the citizens and it's time for God to step in and fix that problem - the love of money.

- help save your soul, give us your money and first born
            Last edited by Makedonska_Kafana; 04-27-2011, 05:36 PM.
            http://www.makedonskakafana.com

Macedonia for the Macedonians

Comment

• George S.
              • Aug 2009

Mk It's greed & wanting the easy life.Retiring at age 40.Putting people on the govt payroll & not working.Basically squandering 200 billion dollars & not thinking of who's going to pay it back,
              GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Makedonska_Kafana
                • Aug 2010

Originally posted by George S. View Post
                Mk It's greed & wanting the easy life.Retiring at age 40.Putting people on the govt payroll & not working.Basically squandering 200 billion dollars & not thinking of who's going to pay it back,
                This all started around the same time many PAN MACEDONIANS is diaspora countries cost the Greek government millions of dollars in fraudulent pension claims which they continue to receive today.
                http://www.makedonskakafana.com

Macedonia for the Macedonians

Comment

• RitaC
                  • Dec 2010

There is a correlation between cold weather and high suicide rates.

Comment

• Voltron
                    Banned
                    • Jan 2011

Like the chinese say, Falling hurts least for those who fly low.
                    In other words countries that have a high standard of living like in US,etc have higher suicide rates because they are not used to having their lives changed abruptly for the worst. Whereas counties with low living standards wont really flinch if something goes wrong.

In Greece, the sun surely helps and I also believe the climate plays a role as Rita mentioned.

Comment

Working...
                    X