X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pelister
    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by amitreski
    Sorry guys, but this is just crazy. I am lost for words and I have a vertigo from all the spinning here.

I can try to have a discussion with reasonable people, but this is just too much. I question the reason behind your questioning of UMD.

I put in front of you many statements that you wanted to hear, yet, you still find ways to create "conspiracies".

How about we talk about UMD supporting the Conference on Macedonian language in Utah. How about we talk about UMD flying Jill Daniels to the International Documentary Film Festival to screen "Next Year in Lerin". How about we talk about UMD organizing a global conference where Macedonians from 13 countries were present?

If you do not like UMD then do not support UMD. Support another Macedonian organization. But do not work against hard working Macedonians.

Maybe we have discovered a reason why Ilinden 1903 failed?
    A.Mitreski,

Why would you be agreeing with Nimetz? Why is it "necessary" for us to negotiate?

Secondly, why does UMD have one position publicly and have a completely different position, in secret ? This alone baffles me.

And can you explain why you think our connection to the ancient Macedonians is a product of 19th century nationalism?

I am looking foward to your response.

Comment

• aleksandrov
      • Feb 2010

Originally posted by Buktop View Post
      I know the referendum you speak of very well. Now how is it that SDSM's propaganda campaign was allowed to run unopposed? Did the opposition coalition not have enough funds to run their own media campaign?
      VMRO-DPMNE first agreed to support SMK's referendum and then crawled into a shell after pressure from US and other foreign conductors.
      All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. Arthur Schopenhauer

https://www.facebook.com/igor.a.aleksandrov?ref=tn_tnmn

Comment

• amitreski
        • Feb 2010

Originally posted by osiris View Post
        mitreski are you able to give us a break down of where most of umds finacial support comes from.
        On a public forum? Are you kidding?
        "No, it is not the critic who counts. Not the one who points out how a strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and may come up short, who spends himself in a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails daring greatly." - Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

• amitreski
          • Feb 2010

Originally posted by aleksandrov View Post
          Have you held a general meeting of your membership to articulate or endorse the contentious policies? How many of your members support your opinion that the Framework Agreement as a great achievement of the late Boris Trajkovski? What forum have they expressed their support in? Since you've decided to try and belittle and discredit the critics of some of your policies as "few guys in Australia, Canada or USA sitting behind a PC on a public forum", you should answer that question clearly and directly, unless you have no problem appearing hypocritical.

Do you want to lead or follow the opinion of your general membership? The fact that you still work with a self-appointed Board of Directors that has decided not to have its first general election until 2011 suggests that you want to lead your membership in a particular direction. I can understand that, but you can't have it both ways. You can't severely restrict the power of your members when it comes to holding elections or general meetings, yet credibly use the membership as a shield to protect yourselves against policy criticism.
          Having a self appointed board is because the organization was at its infancy and you want to get it off the ground. Since the organization has been founded we have seen increase in membership, increase in funding, increase of support. I guess we are doing something right.
          "No, it is not the critic who counts. Not the one who points out how a strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and may come up short, who spends himself in a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails daring greatly." - Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

• amitreski
            • Feb 2010

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
            This is a reasonable letter in my opinion.
            I welcome the different path it treads from that of Meto's "mistake".
            Why would you not make such broadcasts in the English language in suitable publications?

As an aside, the AMHRC is funding Greek and Bulgarian based organisations that fight for the rights you speak of in your last paragraph. They have made monthly cash contributions over many years to these organisations in order to keep up the fight. You should talk to them to find out more about this.
            I am aware of their efforts and applaud them.

Comment

• Prolet
              • Sep 2009

A Mitreski, What about the UMD list of achievements for 2009??
              МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• amitreski
                • Feb 2010

Risto

You are way off base. I clarified my statements in another topic here. UMD has never disregarded history. I questioned the timing and the strategy. Never the history, nor its validity. Those are two completely different things.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                  • Sep 2008

Originally posted by amitreski
                  The Democratic issue was at the time when 5 names were proposed by Nimitz (upper, northern, soveriegn, indendent and democratic I think). So a reasonable person would say, hey if add democratic to our name, and nothing else changed, and we can get past this "name issue" circus then we can focus on economy, cultural promotion, human rights. However, it was never that easy.
                  My goodness, we are back to square one again.
                  Now it was not a mistake, but merely a means to move forward.
                  Can you understand the frustration of your confused messages?
                  Risto the Great
                  MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                  "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• amitreski
                    • Feb 2010

MPO is a traditonally been a pro Bulgarian organization. UMD has never had an alliance with MPO. Risto, if you want to have an honest discussion do not twist words around.
                    Last edited by amitreski; 03-30-2010, 07:39 AM.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                      • Sep 2008

Frankly, anyone that votes no should explain how they arrived at that conclusion.
                      Risto the Great

Comment

• amitreski
                        • Feb 2010

Our Unified Voice is Being Heard and Our Efforts Continue! PDF Print E-mail
                        Monday, 28 December 2009

Dear Friends of Macedonia:

Happy Holidays to you and your loved ones!

As 2009 draws to an end, UMD is pleased to report that our unified voice is being heard and our efforts continue!

Founded in 2004, United Macedonian Diaspora (UMD) is the leading international non-governmental organization addressing the interests and needs of Macedonians and Macedonian communities throughout the world. Headquartered in Washington, D.C., UMD has offices in Melbourne, Australia, and Toronto, Canada, and representatives in Paris, London, Brussels, Vienna, Kiev, St. Petersburg, and Stuttgart.

UMD is a respected voice for the Macedonian Diaspora community worldwide, empowering Macedonian Diaspora grassroots educational advocacy, and informing international policy makers, media and the general public on issues important to Macedonians. UMD defends the constitutional and rightful name of Macedonia, supports strengthening of bilateral relations with Macedonia, advances the social and economic development of Macedonians, advocates for equal civil rights for all Macedonians, undertakes charitable activity at home and in Macedonia, and promotes Macedonian culture.

As recipients of the UMD E-Newsletter, Media Center Information, and Action Alerts, you are well aware of the UMD's activities and programs, and can appreciate the substantial human and financial resources our efforts require. UMD has a volunteer Board of Directors that plans activities and programs that further UMD’s mission and a full time professional staff member who oversees UMD’s day-to-day operations. UMD therefore still heavily relies on dedicated volunteers globally and your generous financial support to carry out its mission. Please visit our web site www.umdiaspora.org for more information.

UMD is diligently preparing for projects and challenges in 2010 and your support is crucial to such efforts.

If you have not already, please become a UMD member now. If you are already a member, please renew your UMD membership now. Your membership fee is tax deductible in the United States, as UMD is an Internal Revenue Code 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.

Becoming a member and contributing is easy, by email, regular mail, fax or on line by clicking HERE.

Needless to say, it is the financial support we receive from you, the Macedonian Diaspora community that is the backbone of our efforts. Your good minds and dedication to community are the engine and the spirit that drive UMD.

As we move forward into 2010, below are some of the highlights of UMD projects that await your generous support:

Fund for Macedonian Children: UMD and its partners Splash of Hope and Macedonian Mission for Humanity will target poorer schools in Macedonia and deliver aid to elementary school children. This aid will be in the form of backpacks, notebooks, pens, pencils, crayons, rulers, erasers, and more.

UMD Australian Operations: The UMD President will travel to Australia and New Zealand in February 2010 to strengthen UMD Australian operations. UMD is organizing presentations in almost all communities, a Gala Banquet in Melbourne on February 20, 2010, meetings with Australian policy makers in Canberra and throughout Australia, a luncheon with federal Members of Parliament, and a reception for the diplomatic community in Canberra.

U.S. Census 2010: UMD and 9 other Macedonian-American organizations have joined hands to form the Macedonian-American 2010 Census Coalition to count Macedonians across the United States in the upcoming 2010 Census.

UMD Student Outreach and Internship Program: UMD is reaching out to Macedonian students throughout the world to learn about their needs and encouraging the forming of Macedonian Student Associations on campuses. UMD has initiated an internship program for students to gain experience in Washington, D.C., and will continue offering those internships in 2010.

UMD Macedonian Heritage Scholarship Program: UMD granted three scholarships to three exceptional young Macedonians in 2009. UMD intends to award six scholarships in 2010.

UMD Macedonian Cultural Awareness and Promotion: UMD is organizing a screening for the new documentary A Name is A Name in Washington, D.C. on February 1, 2010. We will also give grants to Macedonian organizations throughout the world organizing events promoting Macedonia’s rich heritage and traditions. UMD is also organizing a cultural evening on June 4, 2010, in Toronto open to all in conjunction with the 2nd UMD Global Conference.

UMD Macedonian-American Day on the Hill: UMD will hold its 2nd Macedonian-American Day on the Hill in April, which will bring Macedonian-Americans from across the United States to Washington, D.C. to meet with their members of Congress.

UMD Regional Representatives: In 2010, UMD is appointing UMD Regional Representatives to serve as the primary UMD contacts for Macedonian Communities around the world. UMD Regional Representatives will be responsible for organizing local UMD events and for coordinating local efforts with the UMD Headquarters. The UMD Regional Representative system was implemented in response to members’ desire for more local events and greater interaction amongst UMD Members.

UMD European Operations: UMD is increasing its efforts in Europe. Early next year UMD will open permanent offices in Brussels and Paris and appoint representatives for Germany, Sweden and Switzerland.

UMD Voice: UMD publishes a quarterly 32-36 page color magazine, UMD Voice. We hope that as you enjoy it, you will be inspired to take your proper place in promoting the interests of the global Macedonian Diaspora community.

UMD Website: UMD’s website receives over 12,000 hits per day. UMD is working to improve its website and social networking to reach a wider audience internationally. We have plans to add a Macedonian-language section to our website.

UMD Global Conference 2010: UMD will hold its 2nd Global Conference in Toronto from June 3-5, 2010, “Building Partnerships,” bringing over 1,000 Macedonians and friends of Macedonia from over 25 countries to discuss topics of interest to the global Macedonian Diaspora community. Save the Date – we hope you can make it!!

On behalf of UMD, thank you for your belief in, commitment to and support of UMD. We look forward to another successful year with your ongoing generous support.

CLICK HERE to support UMD’s efforts today! Please note – Every dollar donated will be matched by the Turkish Coalition of America.

We, at UMD, wish you and your loved ones a very Happy Holiday Season, and a very Happy New Year!

Sincerely,

Metodija A. Koloski
                        President
                        United Macedonian Diaspora

Comment

• Prolet
                          • Sep 2009

A Mitreski, Spolaj Ti
                          МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                            • Sep 2008

Sorry Amitreski, a coalition IS an alliance. Look it up.
                            I could be wrong but only if you mean the following definition:
                            "A group of usually two to six male lions that drive off and replace the male lions in a pride in order to mate with the females and protect the resulting offspring."
                            Are we talking about lions here?

What words am I twisting?
                            Now you advise me the MPO has directed its members to offer another identity instead. When confirmed you will throw them out. Should we applaud the stupid decision in the first instance or should we ignore the initial stupid decision and applaud the second decision? Should we just applaud everything the UMD does?

Meto appears to have had quite a fascination for the MPO as evidenced on certain Yahoo Groups. Is this fascination another mistake or will it be rationalised later on. I recall reading his comment of 2004 how the MPO would "come around" within 5 years. What a shame the alliance occurred after 5 years even though no "coming around" had occurred.
                            Risto the Great

Comment

• Risto the Great
                              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by amitreski View Post
                              UMD called for coalition on the US Census. They responded, along with other organizations in US to be part of that census.
                              Would you like to remind the forum participants who was to be running this "coalition"?
                              Risto the Great

Comment

• Risto the Great
                                • Sep 2008

I genuinely have no idea what you are saying here.
                                Risto the Great

Comment

Working...
                                X