Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • George S.
    • Aug 2009

the golden dawn do they have any chance of winning any seats??Also the name issue should be dissipated as soon as elections are over.
    "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
    GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• spitfire
      Banned
      • Aug 2014

Golden Dawn is in a deflating mode for the last year and a half. All polls show that they are a few points lower than the previews elections, however they are very far away from their peak that was reached about a year or so after the last elections.

The name issue is not in the agenda of any political party, not as a priority, however by having a different approach to the issue it is highly probable that a solution is closer than ever before.
      One of the components of Syriza is indeed for the name macedonia, but I'm not sure about the official thesis of the party.

All in all Syriza is more "friendly" to that issue, so I think you 'd better keep an eye on that party.

Up until now, in the best case scenario for the election for the president, the required number of MP's cannot be reached. Therefore, it is very likely that there will be elections.
      The best case scenario is translated as such: in the third election that requires 3/5 (as opposed to 2/3 of the first two) a number of 179 MPs is concentrated to vote for the president. That requires all indipendent MPs along with the MPs of the parties that support the government.
      In order to have a president elected there will have to be MPs of the opposition to vote for the candidate in order to reach 180 votes (of the third election).

The most likely scenario is that about 160-165 will vote for the president, so the required number of 180 (in the third election) will not be reached, so 10 days later general elections will be anounced to be held on February 1st or February 8th.
      Last edited by spitfire; 12-15-2014, 11:48 AM.

Comment

• Dejan
        • Sep 2008

Remove this thread. As it stands, it holds no purpose on our Macedonian forum
        You want Macedonia? Come and take it from my blood!

A prosperous, independent and free Macedonia for Macedonians will be the ultimate revenge to our enemies.

Comment

• Amphipolis
          Banned
          • Aug 2014

Originally posted by Dejan View Post
          Why does this thread even exit on a Macedonian forum?? Go put it on a greek forum
          Admin get rid of it.
          It is me who started this thread; it can be used for discussions on the coming political and economic developments in Greece and Europe. An alternative is to merge this thread with “Greece is ready to explode” or another similar one.

Originally posted by sydney View Post
          Unless our Greek friends would like to expand on how early elections could affect/influence Greece's relationship with Macedonia, then I'm with Dejan - get rid of the thread.
          They will affect... the whole world and Greece will be making headlines again, but you're going too fast. First, we'll have to see if a President will be elected. Most probably not, but it's not certain.

Second, things are not evolving normally and linearly as it was expected and a sudden bank & stock market crisis before the elections may occur and work as pressure for Tsipras who aims to become the next Prime Minister. These are again days of 2012 for Greece.

Comment

• spitfire
            Banned
            • Aug 2014

First voting for the president: Today at 19:00 (GMT + 2:00)

Comment

• julie
              • May 2009

Originally posted by Dejan View Post
              Remove this thread. As it stands, it holds no purpose on our Macedonian forum
              I concur.
              This thread does not belong on this forum.
              "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• spitfire
                Banned
                • Aug 2014

The assembly is gathered, we are expecting the voting.

It is important to see how many votes will be gathered in this first voting. It's important for political analysis and the change that will follow in the next voting.

Comment

• spitfire
                  Banned
                  • Aug 2014

160!

Not good for the government. They wanted at least 165 to have a better go.
                  They need a huge excess now.

Comment

• George S.
                    • Aug 2009

So who ever wins will the name negotiations end??I heard that greece is sick of the pussyfooting of the macedonians.Also i hope you realise that the fyrom name was meant to be a short term one. there's allready 21 years gone.But you realise the constitutional name is republic of macedonia.The people won't change a constitutional name.Don't forget no matter how much you refer to slav or slavophone terminology the people see themselves as macedonians.You can't change that just like you did with the flag.I know for a fact i won't reveal my sources was that the greek govt was prepared to throw in the proverbial towel before the name negotiations began.Rhey said its an uphill battle sumething over 140 countries recognize macedonia as republic of macedonia.
                    also the name macedonia unknown to you and the language was registered with world authorities as MACEDONIAN.SEE THERE IS NOTHING YOU CAN DO.ONE DAY ALL MACEDONIANS WILL BE REUNITED AND ALL PARTS THAT WERE TAKEN BY FOUR COUNTRIES WILL BE REUNITED.
                    "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                    GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Amphipolis
                      Banned
                      • Aug 2014

Originally posted by George S. View Post
                      So who ever wins will the name negotiations end??
                      I don't think so.

Comment

• spitfire
                        Banned
                        • Aug 2014

SEE THERE IS NOTHING YOU CAN DO.ONE DAY ALL MACEDONIANS WILL BE REUNITED AND ALL PARTS THAT WERE TAKEN BY FOUR COUNTRIES WILL BE REUNITED.
                        George, don't write with capital letters because it is a if you are shouting and this may wake you up.

As far the the first voting, I think the hard part will be in the third voting.
                        However those 160 as a number shows that the govt. will have to achieve the impossible. It's too hard to go for another 20. There are many blocks of PMs that seem impossible to move.
                        There was only one that said he'll vote for in the next voting and the leaders of the minor parties of the opposition excluded any possibility to vote for the president.

All in all it seems that we are heading for elections. And a thriller prior to that.

Comment

• George S.
                          • Aug 2009

Wwho cares what you think.WE dont care about your elections
                          GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Poligiros
                            Banned
                            • Mar 2014

Hang on a minute. I have acquired a common theme on this forum about the lack of human rights for minorities in Greece. The rainbow party represents your people I believe? You should all have a vested interest in Hellenic elections.

I would be following elections with bated breath, ensuring that my minority exercises their democratic rights. There seems to be a paramount contradiction that Macedonian members of this forum find Greek elections irrelevant.

Comment

• Dejan
                              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Poligiros View Post
                              Hang on a minute. I have acquired a common theme on this forum about the lack of human rights for minorities in Greece. The rainbow party represents your people I believe? You should all have a vested interest in Hellenic elections.

I would be following elections with bated breath, ensuring that my minority exercises their democratic rights. There seems to be a paramount contradiction that Macedonian members of this forum find Greek elections irrelevant.
                              You're not really discussing the Macedonian minority issue in this thread (apart from mentioning it above), so it's irrelevant.

/unsubscribe
                              You want Macedonia? Come and take it from my blood!

A prosperous, independent and free Macedonia for Macedonians will be the ultimate revenge to our enemies.

Comment

• spitfire
                                Banned
                                • Aug 2014

You do. I spent the past hours watching political debates about the presidential voting today.

Here's something interested. In one panel, discussing about how the minor opposition parties would form a coallition government with the major opposition party (if the president don't get elected) there was a mention about the guidelines that don't meet among those parties.
                                Guess what they reffered to (among other things).

Comment

Working...
                                X