Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • makedonche
    • Oct 2008

I wouldn't mind seeing the opinion piece as well. Any progress/comments UMD?
    On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• makedonche
      • Oct 2008

Pellister Quote:
      "How do you explain the E.U insistence or NATO'S insistance on Macedonia "finding a solution" to what is an illegitimate dispute?"

Furthermore if this is an illegitimate dispute that UMD do not agree with, then show some evidence of opposition or provide some factual information to denounce this illegitimate dispute, or maybe just commence legal proceedings to have this illegitimate dispute quashed!
      On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• UMDiaspora.org
        • Oct 2009

UMD believes that bilateral issues should not impede Macedonia's NATO and EU membership. Greece's monopolization of Macedonia's name and identity should not be tolerated.
        For comments, questions, concerns, please contact us at:

United Macedonian Diaspora
        http://www.umdiaspora.org

1101 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW, 6th Floor, Washington, D.C. 20004, United States
        Phone: (202) 756-2244, Fax: (202) 756-7323, E-mail: [email protected]

PO Box 2153, Hawthorn, Vic. 3122, Australia
        Phone: 0438 385 466, E-mail: [email protected]

3555 St. Clair Avenue East, Toronto, ON, M1K 1L6, Canada
        Phone: 416-209-0448, E-mail: [email protected]

Comment

• UMDiaspora.org
          • Oct 2009

There is no opinion piece, this was a mistake on part of UMD. Get over it. There is no need for 3 pages of non-sense quite frankly. UMD corrected the flyer weeks ago. If someone had an issue, they should have brought it to the attention of UMD by e-mailing UMD at [email protected] or calling any of the below numbers.

Comment

• UMDiaspora.org
            • Oct 2009

UMD has never defended the term 'FYROM.' UMD does not support the name "the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia" and definitely does not support acronyms. This is ridiculous. The name of Macedonia is Republic of Macedonia.

Comment

• Phoenix
              • Dec 2008

Originally posted by UMDiaspora.org View Post
              There is no opinion piece, this was a mistake on part of UMD. Get over it. There is no need for 3 pages of non-sense quite frankly. UMD corrected the flyer weeks ago. If someone had an issue, they should have brought it to the attention of UMD by e-mailing UMD at [email protected] or calling any of the below numbers.
              Get over it...?

You've got to be kidding you fuckin' clown...

The pile of shit that you're constructing is so high that its becoming impossible to "get over"...

Everything seems to be a "mistake" with UMD...

Comment

• julie
                • May 2009

[QUOTE=UMDiaspora.org;37638]UMD has never defended the term 'FYROM.' UMD does not support the name "the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia" and definitely does not support acronyms. This is ridiculous. The name of Macedonia is Republic of Macedonia.[/QUOTE]

Macedonia. period.
                "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• Vangelovski
                  • Sep 2008

Name changes, support for the Interim Accord and Framework Agreement, claiming credit for activities they had nothing to do with are explained away as being "mistakes" that we need to "get over".

What exactly is UMD trying to achieve in Australia?
                  If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Vangelovski
                    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by UMDiaspora.org View Post
                    UMD has never defended the term 'FYROM.' UMD does not support the name "the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia" and definitely does not support acronyms. This is ridiculous. The name of Macedonia is Republic of Macedonia.

UMD has mounted arguements in defence of the term FYROM:

If the government did not agree on FYROM in 1995, we would have been 10 years behind right now. Macedonia would still be under embargo and 20,000 people would have been without a job.

Denis Manevski, UMD Treasurer
                    11 March 2008
                    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Macedo.../message/10536

Some typical Gligorovist scare-mongering.

Further:

...It was Greece, not Macedonia, that rejected the most recent proposal to resolve the "name dispute" [Referring to “Republic of Macedonia (Skopje)”]. Moreover, Greece's veto violated the 1995 Interim Accord that it signed with Macedonia, which binds Greece's right to veto Macedonia's NATO bid or any other international organization that Macedonia would like to join as long as it joins under the U.N. provisional reference term used to identify Macedonia...

Meto Koloski
                    4 May 2008
                    A name to reckon with
                    Washington Times
                    http://washingtontimes.com/news/2008...o-reckon-with/

UMD criticising Greece for NOT accepting “Republic of Macedonia (Skopje)” at Bucharest, implying that this was a name they were prepared to accept in return for NATO membership. Further, it show’s it support for the Interim Accord by calling for its implementation.

Aleksandrov, sorry for highjacking the thread with this. It also appears that 90 per cent (at this point) of readers agree that the statement in question in this poll agree that UMD supports the Framework Agreement.

Last edited by Vangelovski; 02-13-2010, 04:10 AM.
                    If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Grotius
                      • Dec 2009

I truly find this UMD response bizarre. Firstly, they tell us to “get over it”, then they are just rude by using the words “quite frankly”, and then they invert their responsibility to the rest of us by suggesting it was our fault for not bringing to their attention the fact that they have lied!! So does this mean that they think it’s ok to tell an untruth, so long as nobody brings it to their attention by e-mailing them at info@….??

I don’t like having negative thoughts about any group, but I just find what’s going on here very annoying. Aside from the questionable ideological basis of this group, they seem to think it ok to claim things they have not done – anything for PR I guess.

Claim 1 – they were responsible for the US recognising the Republic of Macedonia – RUBBISH.
                      Claim 2 – Meto had an opinion piece in the Age – RUBBISH. (I’d like to know what the “mistake” was, the fact that it was a lie? that they tried to get away with it? that they thought we were all stupid enough to believe it…? What was the “mistake”?)

Here’s another one, which has bugged me for a while now. They quite confidently imply in their recent online magazine that they have somehow been responsible for establishing the Victorian Macedonian Parliamentary Friendship Group (just in time for the “speaking tour”) – well you guessed it – RUBBISH.

What else has UMD not done?

Comment

• aleksandrov
                        • Feb 2010

I didn't want this to turn into just another UMD-bashing thread. I was hoping the focus would be kept on UMD's policy on the Ohrid Framework Agreement, which not only appeases and thereby encourages racist violence or ongoing threats of racist violence by Albanian extremists, but constitutes a foundation for ethnic segregation and ultimate disintegration of the Macedonian state, with yet more parts of Macedonia being subjected to ethnic cleansing and racist repression.

It is obviously clear to most people that the UMD public statement that inspired this thread is a clear endorsement of the Framework Agreement , and encouragement for the Macedonian Government to continue implementing it, as well as to implement future similar demands by Albanian extremists and their shameless US, NATO and EU sponsors. Yet in a recent conversation with Meto in Sydney, he indicated that the UMD does not have a policy on the Framework Agreement. If that is the case, I encourage the UMD to remove the public statement in question from its website and to consider adopting a policy that recognizes the Framework Agreement and all subsequent legislation and policies that are inspired by it as an ongoing process that poses the greatest danger to the survival of the Republic of Macedonia as a sovereign home of the Macedonian people and to the rights and prosperity of its non-Albanian citizens.
                        All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. Arthur Schopenhauer

https://www.facebook.com/igor.a.aleksandrov?ref=tn_tnmn

Comment

• maslinka
                          • Feb 2010

Originally posted by amitreski View Post
                          Pelister

In his speech Meto said that at the time he though Democratic seemed like a good option to solve the name issue and move on to work on the human rights issue for the Macedonians in greece, Bulgaria, Albania, work on economic development, cultural promotion, etc.

He admitted that he made a mistake and that right now he does not think he should have supported that change in the first place. Meto right now does not support ANY NAME CHANGE.

UMD HAS NEVER supported a name change, as you can see in many press releases and our resolution from the global conference.

Once again NO NAME CHANGE.
                          Mr Mitrevski,
                          I like your honesty, says a lot about your character. What your posts reveal is that you have good intentions but are somewhat inexperienced in the landscape you are playing. I have no doubt you work very hard, but what is clear is that UMD's credibility has suffered for past indiscretions. No doubt this is why UMD struggles in a significant proportion of the community today.

Personally I was initially very impressed with UMD, but with time I'm now not so sure, and indeed the damage to your credibility is a major factor in my change of view on UMD.

Rather than my issue being with what has been said and subsequently retracted, my issue lies elsewhere. Indeed, I initially looked at your feel good advertising and statements and tag line and I thought yeah, they have the right idea, but then overtime I look at your activity and actions and I see that in as far as your ethos goes about being ‘united’/ ‘uniting the community’ you are skating on thin ice, and there is a big difference betweening saying something and doing it.

Let me give you an example, UMD operations in Australia? Is there an attempt to reproduce your USA set up here? If so, why?? I mean I don’t think that in the Australian landscape that UMD could really do anymore than what say the AMHRC is doing….they have lawyers on their committee, there a have a solid track record dealing with Kennett and now Rann plus they are active politically active.

So the obvious question in my mid is why did UMD set up here compared with partnering with the AMHRC ??? Surely being cooperative is a better demonstration of being united than setting up in competition. I mean UMD can be an international organisation without the need to have an office here – right?

So underlying, I look at the people (lack there of) you have here and your effective absence in Australia other than by name associations and PR, and I can’t see what you are actually doing in Australia for us that isn’t tokenism. For example, UMD was pretty quick to pounce on the Rann issue, and there was some good and exclusive PR mileage for UMD, but what will UMD do when the shine of the current tour fades and the AMHRC starts racking up legal costs?? Will you offer to co-fund the legal costs out of your Australian operations budget?? I hope UMD can prove me wrong, but I think that this probably will be a classic example of how the UMD operation fails the community here.

Comment

• Rogi
                            • Sep 2008

I think it is worth posting a link to, or the text of, the relevant Resolution, to make it easier for all readers of the forum.

For those who have not read the adopted EU Resolution that this thread refers to, have a read here:

Comment

• Prolet
                              • Sep 2009

Maslinka, You have no win no pay remember? With All the evidence there its just a matter of what the punishment will be.
                              МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• maslinka
                                • Feb 2010

Originally posted by Prolet View Post
                                Maslinka, You have no win no pay remember? With All the evidence there its just a matter of what the punishment will be.
                                don't know about this? can't imagine there would be a big payout as a punishment.

Comment

Working...
                                X