X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Daskalot
    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by ohridski View Post
    It’s funny how everyone here seems to prefer a monolog rather than a dialog type of discussion. But I guess that’s a Balkanian thing, everyone sees their side as the right side and nothing else.
    And yet you come here and claim that the name Srbin and Srbinovski are connected to ethnic Serbs..... do you know those families history that have that lastname today? If not I would not mention these facts of yours again.

Secondly, you are the one coming here and try to tell us that we should be closer to the Bulgars, why should we? Do they respect us as a people? NO they do not, they do not recognize us as Macedonians, but rather as Bulgars from Macedonia, do you see something wrong with that? I do.
    Macedonian Truth Organisation

Comment

• ohridski
      • Nov 2009

our absolute denial at the mere suggestion of Bulgars having Greek or Serb roots is telling.
      I didn’t deny this. Balkan countries are mixed, and Bulgarians are similar to all of their neighbors. However, it seems Macedonians and Bulgarians are most similar to each other than anyone else.
      Secondly, you are the one coming here and try to tell us that we should be closer to the Bulgars, why should we? Do they respect us as a people? NO they do not, they do not recognize us as Macedonians, but rather as Bulgars from Macedonia, do you see something wrong with that? I do.
      I’m not telling how you should feel, rather sharing my observations.
      And yet you come here and claim that the name Srbin and Srbinovski are connected to ethnic Serbs..... do you know those families history that have that lastname today? If not I would not mention these facts of yours again.
      Do you? I’d like to know more.

Comment

• Risto the Great
        • Sep 2008

Ohridski, the title of this thread and subsequent leading text summarises the attack on the Macedonian identity by the Serbs. The hints from you that a more natural connection lies between Macedonians and Bulgarians is flawed.

Friends and relatives from the Republic find it MUCH easier to understand Serbs than I do. They studied their oppressors language whilst members of Yugoslavia. I also find Bulgarian difficult to understand. Although will accept the grammar of the definite article makes it slightly easier for me to understand the Bulgarian language.

This closeness you speak of between Macedonians and Serbs is a recent phenomenon and is limited to the oppressed Macedonians whilst members of the former Yugoslavia. I can tell you unequivocally that the same attachment does not exist for ethnic Macedonians in Greece, Bulgaria and Albania.

Bulgarians were falsely perceived by Macedonians in many places as potential liberators of Macedonians. They did nothing other than frustrate attempts throughout history. They are as politically low as the Serbians and Greeks when it comes to Macedonia. The suggestion of Macedonian-Bulgarian churches being common and natural is merely a sign of the era when they were created. The Bulgarians were very "nice" to Macedonians from outside of the Republic. They perpetuated the Dimitrov mentality but knew the souls would rest in mother Bulgaria. They used Macedonian money to spread their tentacles and played to the people in the Diaspora who came from Egej and Pirin and wanted nothing to do with the Serbian led church. Instead they went for the Turkish created church of Bulgaria. Quite a logical process for the time in my opinion. It is dated now though and the offspring of the "duped" Macedonians are good little Canadians now. The Bulgarians have proven their falseness in relation the treatment of Macedonians and deserve no different treatment to the Serbs.

Bulgaria is still playing games with Macedonians.

Ohridski, excuse my Balkanianism, but you are a either a Greek of Bulgar lover who is here to perpetuate your agenda. What precisely are you hoping to achieve?
        Risto the Great
        MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
        "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• ohridski
          • Nov 2009

They are as politically low as the Serbians and Greeks when it comes to Macedonia
          This might be the case now.. but it wasn't so in the early 1900's.
          Ohridski, excuse my Balkanianism, but you are a either a Greek of Bulgar lover who is here to perpetuate your agenda. What precisely are you hoping to achieve?
          I think my view point is neutral, even though it seems that if I don’t embrace your personal views then my neutrality would be viewed as propaganda. It seems you prefer to avoid alternative possibilities regardless of the situation.

Two of the Macedono-Bulgarian churches in Toronto were built by Aegean Macedonians and the money that funded their construction were the donations of those same Aegean Macedonians. The Bulgarian government had nothing to do with it. I’m not entirely sure about the third Macedono-Bulgarian church, but I think it’s most likely the same situation.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
            • Sep 2008

Are they the places your family frequents? Or do you attend an ethnic Canadian church?
            if I don’t embrace your personal views then my neutrality would be viewed as propaganda
            Funny that, it's the same thing people think about you here, your posts suggest as much anyway.
            In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Risto the Great
              • Sep 2008

This might be the case now.. but it wasn't so in the early 1900's.
              You are right, in the early 1900's Bulgaria's actions were far more sinister.
              Risto the Great

Comment

• Bratot
                • Sep 2008

Unfortunately this seems to be the typical Balkanian response to anyone that has a neutral perspective. Someone is always trying to instigate or propagate some hidden agenda, right? Although, I think Serbs are the most paranoid. After what happened with Kosovo, they seem to think there’s some sort of global conspiracy against them.

I guess you think your are some sort of 'undercover' agent.. unfortunately your pitful agenda has been seen many many many times and sorry pal.. but your agenda is 'hidden' like the smell of the rotten egg.

I stand for what I already said and you are nothing more than another pathetic moron who is wasting our time.
                The purpose of the media is not to make you to think that the name must be changed, but to get you into debate - what name would suit us! - Bratot

Comment

• Bill77
                  • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Bratot View Post
                  I guess you think your are some sort of 'undercover' agent.. unfortunately your pitful agenda has been seen many many many times and sorry pal.. but your agenda is 'hidden' like the smell of the rotten egg.

I stand for what I already said and you are nothing more than another pathetic moron who is wasting our time.
                  Could his code name be one of these i wander.

"Slavej" (the bluebird), "Posrednik" (the mediator) and "Begalec" (the refuge)

Who operate in Macedonia and their operations are known under the code names "Ezero" (the lake) and "Oktopod" (the octopus). lol

Not sure if this has been already brought up or not, But here it is. Бугарија и станува сојузник на Грција во

Or more like Maxwel Smart
                  Last edited by Bill77; 11-21-2009, 11:28 PM.
                  http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• El Bre
                    • Sep 2008

You coiuldn't just open an Orthodox Church, you needed a patron. There weren't many choices.

You're making way too much of this, the parishoners were Macedonians plain and simple, you said as much yourself. Except for a few leaders, most of these villagers who had uprooted themselves and moved to the new world couldn't find Bulgaria on a map. For most it was about communtiy, not politics. As soon as the MOC opened in Toronto, the bloom came off the rose. (with the exception of the hardcore MPO types of course)
                    Last edited by El Bre; 11-22-2009, 09:02 PM.

Comment

• Bill77
                      • Oct 2009

This news is about ten days old but ohridski my not be aware of it.

Hammarberg requires protection of the Macedonians

. Commissioner for Human Rights of the Council of Europe Thomas Hammarberg Mon three-day visit to Bulgaria, among other things asked for protection and respect of the Macedonian minority.

Usually Commissioner for Human Rights Council of Europe, Thomas Hammarberg, does not that immediately after visiting a country, but this time through a statement from his office in Strasbourg said that he encouraged the Bulgarian authorities to ensure equality of minorities who live in the country.

During the three-day visit to Bulgaria, in addition to meetings with government officials, he had meetings with representatives of civil society and the minorities, including nepriznatoto Macedonian minority.

RAINBOW is the political organization of the Macedonian ethnic minority living within the boundaries of the Greek state, and engaged in the country's domestic political scene
                      http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• ohridski
                        • Nov 2009

So many posts, yet so little has been said.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                          • Sep 2008

ohridski, I gave you an excellent reason as to why some Macedonian churches of Canada developed a Bulgarian familiarity. You simply chose to ignore it. So to be clear, much has been said and little has been replied from you.

So why not grow up a little and face up to some of your obvious demons?
                          Risto the Great

Comment

• George S.
                            • Aug 2009

Ohridski give credit where credit is due who spread the orthodox religion.The Macedonians The monks Cyril & Methodius did. they spread the orthodox religion throughout all the countries you mention.If you don't know your history you should read it.
                            Last edited by George S.; 11-24-2009, 08:04 PM. Reason: edit
                            "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                            GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• ohridski
                              • Nov 2009

Ohridski give credit where credit is due who spread the orthodox religion.The Macedonians The monks Cyril & Methodius did. they spread the orthodox religion throughout all the countries you mention.If you don't know your history you should read it.
                              As I said before, either you guys are really confused or you are trying, pretty hard I might add, to spread propaganda.

There is no record that shows the ethnicity of St. St. Cyril and Methodius. They are noted in history as citizens of the East Roman Empire, that’s it. There are many speculations, but no country can claim them as their own with much certainty.

Comment

• George S.
                                • Aug 2009

Methodius & cyril were Macedonian what alphabet did they use to teach the people the cyrillic that is undeniable .Thebrothers were from SOlun Macedonia look it in your maps greece didm't take over until 1913.The Macedonian chuch was the mother church for a lolong time.Also the vatican recognizes the work the brothers doid & that they were Macedonian.Your Bulgarian propaganda would have you beleive that they were bulgarian,Do you understand the words prvoslav means first beleif in orthodoxy.Apart from the romans catholic religion the macedonians were the first to receive the gospel(message) ahead of the Greeks(St paul went up to macedonia because the greeks did not receive him,.
                                The brothers the greeks beleive they were greek.That's just utter rubbish.The brothers translated the bible from greek to Macedonian which uses the cyrillic alphabet.The Cyrillic alphabet is macedonian which heaps of nations today probably about 400 million approximately use today.Ohridski you should just change your name to bulgarian as you are not from ohrid & it's you who is confused.
                                Last edited by George S.; 11-28-2009, 07:19 PM. Reason: edit
                                "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                                GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

Working...
                                X