Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Liberator of Makedonija
    • Apr 2014

I do not like the fact that Macedonia recognised Kosovo as an independent country but I understand why too. I wish Serbia could just understand that the Albanians are the only reason Kosovo was recognised and if we didn't have them we would never of recognised Kosovo.
    I know of two tragic histories in the world- that of Ireland, and that of Macedonia. Both of them have been deprived and tormented.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Liberator of Makedonija View Post
      I wish Serbia could just understand.........
      Save your wishes for something valid.
      In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• vicsinad
        • May 2011

"We've been fools to recognize Macedonia under that name"
        Serbian Foreign Minister Ivica Dacic has told Beta in an interview that his country will play "a constructive role in solving problems in the region."

The same goes for Macedonia, he continued, adding that Serbia "made a mistake when it recognized that country under its constitutional name ('Republic of Macedonia')," considering that Skopje later recognized Kosovo as independent.

"Serbia made a big mistake there. All of Europe and the world are using the name 'Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia' (FRYOM), whereas we slapped our brothers the Greek, and now expect the Greek not to recognize Kosovo - while we recognized Macedonia by insulting the Greek, and they (Macedonians) are always voting in favor of Kosovo. I must say, we've been the fools. There, I'll use an undiplomatic term," the minister said.

Dacic also revealed that Belgrade will continue to use Macedona's constitutional name in bilateral relations with Skopje, but will multilaterally, use the name used by the EU and the UN - i.e., FRYOM.

The role of a country's foreign policy is to defend state and national interests in the best way, he also said, noting he was "not at all longing for the former common state (Yugoslavia)."

"I wish we never united in the first place, and that we (Serbs) instead in 1918 created the state of Serbia as a victorious power... We gave everything to Yugoslavia... to end up being lectured and slapped by someone from the outside over Serbia's behavior. I'm not really an adherent of us turning the other cheek to them. They'll respect you only as much as you're strong and ready to stand up for yourself. I can't wait for some issue that is important to Macedonia, to Montenegro, to crop up in international organizations. Then we'll see what stance Serbia will take," Dacic said.

Comment

• Risto the Great
          • Sep 2008

Any Yugodonians feeling sympathetic to Serbs now?
          Risto the Great
          MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
          "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Philosopher
            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by vicsinad View Post
            Serbian Foreign Minister Ivica Dacic has told Beta in an interview that his country will play "a constructive role in solving problems in the region."

The same goes for Macedonia, he continued, adding that Serbia "made a mistake when it recognized that country under its constitutional name ('Republic of Macedonia')," considering that Skopje later recognized Kosovo as independent.

"Serbia made a big mistake there. All of Europe and the world are using the name 'Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia' (FRYOM), whereas we slapped our brothers the Greek, and now expect the Greek not to recognize Kosovo - while we recognized Macedonia by insulting the Greek, and they (Macedonians) are always voting in favor of Kosovo. I must say, we've been the fools. There, I'll use an undiplomatic term," the minister said.

Dacic also revealed that Belgrade will continue to use Macedona's constitutional name in bilateral relations with Skopje, but will multilaterally, use the name used by the EU and the UN - i.e., FRYOM.

The role of a country's foreign policy is to defend state and national interests in the best way, he also said, noting he was "not at all longing for the former common state (Yugoslavia)."

"I wish we never united in the first place, and that we (Serbs) instead in 1918 created the state of Serbia as a victorious power... We gave everything to Yugoslavia... to end up being lectured and slapped by someone from the outside over Serbia's behavior. I'm not really an adherent of us turning the other cheek to them. They'll respect you only as much as you're strong and ready to stand up for yourself. I can't wait for some issue that is important to Macedonia, to Montenegro, to crop up in international organizations. Then we'll see what stance Serbia will take," Dacic said.

http://www.b92.net/eng/news/politics...&nav_id=100130
            Good article Vic. I think this highlights the fundamental problem with our neighbors, and the Serb government in particular, our ethnic identity, and our being recognized as such.

Originally posted by Risto the Great
            I would be surprised if there weren't.

Comment

• Karposh
              • Aug 2015

Forgive my ignorance everyone but, just out of curiosity, why did we recognise Kosovo? Have I missed something here?

Was it a case of "We don't need Serbia's approval to do what we want"? Or, hopefully, Macedonia's national interests were weighed up and, brighter minds than mine, decided that recognising Kosovo far outweighed the need to keep Serbia on side?

Comment

• Philosopher
                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Karposh View Post
                Forgive my ignorance everyone but, just out of curiosity, why did we recognise Kosovo? Have I missed something here?
                You're smarter than that. The decision to recognize Kosovo was based on our servitude desire to serve our masters in Washington and Brussels.

Was it a case of "We don't need Serbia's approval to do what we want"? Or, hopefully, Macedonia's national interests were weighed up and, brighter minds than mine, decided that recognising Kosovo far outweighed the need to keep Serbia on side?
                No, brighter minds than yours did not make that decision. It was not in our national interest, and a mistake to snub Serbia; but this does not justify Serb rhetoric.

Comment

• vicsinad
                  • May 2011

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                  Yugodonians. I will have to use that one from now on.

Comment

• Redsun
                    • Jul 2013

http://www.b92.net/eng/news/politics...&nav_id=100130

A simple decision by the Serbian government... Name calling.

How simple and easy it is, to utilize this existing tactic. The FYROM acronym is more than a label, in this interview the Serbian foreign diplomat explains why it is used. Doesn't matter which government it is, or for what reason they believe that it should be employed. It is an abuse, and they use it to further their agenda and undermine our position.

I cant see how any western institution or foreign diplomat can find the use of the ACRONYM morally acceptable. Why did the Serbian government use FYROM as a form of retaliation? It is an attack. Shunning morality in the face of nationalism

FYROM is more than a corruption and an abuse... Policy and diplomatic relations can change, it is disappointing that this tactic can be employed due to a simple decision simply because it exists and is there to use.
                    Last edited by Redsun; 01-04-2017, 05:39 PM.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Redsun View Post
                      it is disappointing that this tactic can be employed due to a simple decision simply because it exists and is there to use.
                      It isn't disappointing. It is logical. Macedonia and Macedonians still accept this designation. THAT is disappointing.
                      Risto the Great
                      MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                      "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Philosopher
                        • Sep 2008

Carving out a new Kosovo state and recognizing it as such, was not in the interest of the Republic of Macedonia, irrespective of economics, because of territorial ambitions of Albanians and Kosovo Albanians.

There were geopolitical considerations that should have guided this decision, not economics, and certainly not the wishes and wants of Washington and Brussels.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                          • Sep 2008

Serbia "made a mistake when it recognized that country under its constitutional name ('Republic of Macedonia')," considering that Skopje later recognized Kosovo as independent.
                          If that was the only determining factor which led to his statement, it could be argued that it has some validity. But it is never that simple with these morons, as the below indicates:
                          ....we slapped our brothers the Greek....
                          Unfortunately, the truth is that this plastic brotherhood with Greece that has been nurtured since the 19th century has always meant more to Serbia's politics than the geographic, linguistic and cultural commonalities with Macedonia, irrespective of the friendly dispositions between Macedonians and some normal Serbs.
                          I wish we never united in the first place...
                          So do most others.
                          I can't wait for some issue that is important to Macedonia, to Montenegro, to crop up in international organizations. Then we'll see what stance Serbia will take," Dacic said.
                          Hardly a threat given that Serbia has about as much muscle and clout as Macedonia or Montenegro do in international organisations.
                          In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• vicsinad
                            • May 2011

Macedonia warns Serbia to keep out of the name game

By Associated Press January 20 at 9:52 AM
                            SKOPJE, Macedonia — Macedonia’s name, a source of friction with neighboring Greece, is now souring relations with Serbia.

Macedonia’s foreign ministry says Serbia should avoid calling it by the “offensive” name of Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, or FYROM, which Greece favors.

A ministry statement Friday said it would be “inappropriate and disrespectful” for Serbia to call its small neighbor anything but Macedonia.

While Serbia still formally calls the country Macedonia, its foreign minister has suggested a change to FYROM, and Serbian highway toll receipts now use that name.

Greece argues that the name Macedonia implies designs on a Greek province also called Macedonia.

The U.S., Russia, China, and most other countries use the term Macedonia, although the United Nations goes for FYROM. Macedonia gained independence from Yugoslavia in 1991.

Comment

• vicsinad
                              • May 2011

Serbia's FM responds to Macedonia:

Reacting to this, Serbian Foreign Minister Ivica Dacic late on Friday told Vecernje Novosti that Serbia finds the term "Republic of Kosovo" insulting.

"All we ask is a mutually fair relationship. They're protesting about toll receipts - what should we do over their recognition of Kosovo and their vote in UNESCO," Dacic said, referring to Pristina's failed attempt, supported by Skopje, to join the organization.

Dacic also wondered why Macedonia remains a member of the UN, the Council of Europe, the OSCE, and why it continues to attend EU meetings - considering that all these organizations recognize it as FYROM.

"Why are they sitting there under that name, and now the problem are the toll receipts that say the same? Serbia has not changed its position on recognizing Macedonia, but Serbia finds it insulting and disgraceful when they say, 'Republic of Kosovo'," he concluded

Comment

• VMRO
                                • Sep 2008

He has a point...
                                Verata vo Mislite, VMRO vo dushata, Makedonia vo Srceto.

Vnatreshna Makedonska Revolucionerna Organizacija.

Comment

Working...
                                X