Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mikail
    • Sep 2008

The statues are beautiful Bratce! The ones comlaining about it are in the minority - SDSM supporters & lovers of Crvenkopoulos.

Nothing made me prouder than seeing these monuments coming up around the country and to see pride being instilled into the people.

The statues are long over due.
    From the village of P’pezhani, Tashko Popov, Dimitar Popov-Skenderov and Todor Trpenov were beaten and sentenced to 12 years prison. Pavle Mevchev and Atanas Popov from Vrbeni and Boreshnica joined them in early 1927, they were soon after transferred to Kozhani and executed. As they were leaving Lerin they were heard to shout "With our death, Macedonia will not be lost. Our blood will run, but other Macedonians will rise from it"

Comment

• Prolet
      • Sep 2009

I totally agree with you Mikail

Bratot, Its totally clear that you have some issues with this Government, your arguments are not only baseless but its the kind of street talk you would hear in a neighborhood or a sharshija.

I never said it was OK to steal from anybody but you are either totally ignorant or you simply have something against these people. Surly you can see whats going on here, SDSM in all of their mandates, they not only stole from our people but they totally raped our citizens and left them on the street. They never built anything and they stole the money anyway.

You accuse this Government of stealing yet you can see all the the projects that they are completing. You know that it was a Global Recession, you know that every other country cut jobs,pensions,lost lots of money, some went bankrupt etc This Government is spending billions on Energy Projects, Buses, new buildings,statues,stadiums,sports halls,tennis courts,roads,railroads,Hospitals,Health Clinics etc etc Do you realize how far behind we are? What we are building now we should have had 15 years ago, this takes decades to complete i dont know what you are expecting but we are so much better then what we were 5 years ago.
      МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• Daniel the Great
        • Nov 2009

Well said Mikail. I have been in support of this whole project ever since they announced it and still am and always will be. These statues don't just look great they also remind all Macedonians who they are and how far they have come through history and to never forget who they are and that is Macedonians.

Comment

• Bratot
          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Mikail View Post
          The statues are beautiful Bratce! The ones comlaining about it are in the minority - SDSM supporters & lovers of Crvenkopoulos.

Nothing made me prouder than seeing these monuments coming up around the country and to see pride being instilled into the people.

The statues are long over due.
          What makes you proud of when you see these statues:

or

and I'm not questioning the monuments of historical significance, but even accepting the fact that everyone has its own opinion, what do you think of the "Gringer" lions or the supposed "Horse" that looks like a donkey actually:

The purpose of the media is not to make you to think that the name must be changed, but to get you into debate - what name would suit us! - Bratot

Comment

• Makedonetz
            • Apr 2010

look at those idiots where the are they from? Mongolia>?
            Makedoncite se borat
            za svoite pravdini!

"The one who works for joining of Macedonia to Bulgaria,Greece or Serbia can consider himself as a good Bulgarian, Greek or Serb, but not a good Macedonian"
            - Goce Delchev

Comment

• Mikail
              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Bratot View Post
              What makes you proud of when you see these statues:

or

and I'm not questioning the monuments of historical significance, but even accepting the fact that everyone has its own opinion, what do you think of the "Gringer" lions or the supposed "Horse" that looks like a donkey actually:

I don't know where or how you fornd these pictures but the lady with the Gypsies and the toilet are not government funded projects.

I can assure you there is not a sculpture of a toilet in front of the Monument of Mother Teresa.

Nor is the statue of the sexy lady in front of the childrens playground in the mall that leads to the old train station.

Bratot, Najdi sesto saglamno da ni pokazhes
              From the village of P’pezhani, Tashko Popov, Dimitar Popov-Skenderov and Todor Trpenov were beaten and sentenced to 12 years prison. Pavle Mevchev and Atanas Popov from Vrbeni and Boreshnica joined them in early 1927, they were soon after transferred to Kozhani and executed. As they were leaving Lerin they were heard to shout "With our death, Macedonia will not be lost. Our blood will run, but other Macedonians will rise from it"

Comment

• Bratot
                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Mikail View Post
                I don't know where or how you fornd these pictures but the lady with the Gypsies and the toilet are not government funded projects.

I can assure you there is not a sculpture of a toilet in front of the Monument of Mother Teresa.

Nor is the statue of the sexy lady in front of the childrens playground in the mall that leads to the old train station.

Bratot, Najdi sesto saglamno da ni pokazhes
                The toilet was removed after one day, it was a parody of the idiotic statues.

The "sexy lady" or literary "Shmizla" is sponsored by our Ministry of Culture.

There are damn too much of these "sexy ladies" sculptures around whole city:

City Park

City Gallery

A new idea for money laundering!

For such stupid statues they spent milions of euroes our money.
                The purpose of the media is not to make you to think that the name must be changed, but to get you into debate - what name would suit us! - Bratot

Comment

• Rogi
                  • Sep 2008

It's supposed to represent the modern culture in Macedonia. But I think they'd have been better suited in Bitola, I think they'd be more representative there.
                  I don't like those statues either, to be honest.

Comment

• Mikail
                    • Sep 2008

No need to be so critical of Macedonia for having these types of "contemporary" sculptures. This happens everywhere.

Comment

• Rogi
                      • Sep 2008

It does, and I dislike many statues in many countries, whilst I love many other statues in many countries.

I just don't like those ones. To me, it reeks of crass.

Comment

• Pelister
                        • Sep 2008

They are a bit crass, and a bit out of kilt.

There isn't a public place anywhere in Australia that I am aware of that has such stupid things lying around.

Such 'exhibitions' are usually confined to galleries where they belong.

Comment

• julie
                          • May 2009

The statues of our national heroes I don't have an issue with. The statues of the crass females is questionable though and don't belong in the city centres. I agree with Pelister, the galleries are more appropriate for these works of "art". Yuk. And a waste of money.
                          "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• Rogi
                            • Sep 2008

No, no, we have such stupid things lying around all over Australia too... it's not unique to Macedonia.

For example, here's one that's quite similar, in the Melbourne city center (CBD)

Comment

• julie
                              • May 2009

Yuk. I find them revolting.
                              "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• Rogi
                                • Sep 2008

But then Melbourne is known for its' weird statues and sculptures and really tries to make a point of it.

Here's what I mean:

Comment

Working...
                                X