Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Prolet
    • Sep 2009

Awesome, i see Andrej Petrov is there to spit away on the good thats been done.

The city had nothing when SDSM was in charge, they are even complaining now about the water museum in Ohrid when the latest statistic show that over 2500 visit that place every day and the Government is making it even bigger now.

МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
      • Sep 2008

This all contributes to the further development of the country, good on them, and may SDS dissolve for the betterment of Macedonia. There has to be another opposition party in Macedonia that isn't treacherous like SDS, Narodna, or those other idiots.
      In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• julie
        • May 2009

Its a lot of money, I am not anti spomenici, but am concerned for the amount of monies spent when it could provide better health care and education.
        The lions do look awesome though
        "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• Bratot
          • Sep 2008

It would be definatelly cheaper if they bought real lions and place them in front of the bridge.

A REAL guardians

It's more than obvious the money laundering of Gruevski government, give some entertainment to the people and put few millions in the pocket.

4,5 millions for 4 statues of lions.. well... that's too fuckin much!
          The purpose of the media is not to make you to think that the name must be changed, but to get you into debate - what name would suit us! - Bratot

Comment

• Frank
            Banned
            • Mar 2010

Again anyone that criticises cost and priority needs to just get this, Slovenia and Croatia were the first two countries whose first matter of importance was building Monuments and an Army they did both immediately after Independence, so if we wait further just when will it happen

Discussion about total costs and were Funds are allocated from change with every view differing to what pro builders and anti builders have to say. But we can establish it is in the range of 200-400 million Euro
            chicken feed when you include the 15 Building infrastructure projects well underway

On the topic of health care a legion of the most morally corrupt persons of Society exist in Macedonia I would Jail more than half the practioners I have seen in the Country
            and all believe they are still un touchable they first and foremost not poor facilities make the health care system a disgrace
            Last edited by Frank; 08-29-2010, 06:31 PM.

Comment

• Prolet
              • Sep 2009

Now this is a Lion...
              Monday, 30 August 2010

We have been (un)lucky to be witnessing some strange and frankly laughable events during the past three weeks. Where do I start? Lets take the Economist article first.

The once upon a time reputable London magazine 'The Economist' came out with a piece on "Skopje 2014", taking aim at monuments and archtectural pieces being built in and around Skopje. What was so strange with the article, is reading through half of it, I was pretty much convinced that it was written either by Sasho Ordanovski or our 'legend' Slobodanka Jovanovska. I won't go into detail who both are, they are well known to the Macedonian public.

Strangely, the Economist article had no author, however used Sasho Ordanovski as a "source" throughout the text. The article attacked the building of the monuments, needlessly dragged Greece into it, at least I couldn't find any connection between Greece and setting up Lions.

But lets leave the Economist with this article, even though my respect for that Magazine (that I used to subscribe to), has diminished to a great level.

The Economist ---> Posselt

Just two days ago, a German MEP Bernd Posselt on his visit to Macedonia advised the SDSM, or as he said "The Opposition" to stop going to Brussels and Strasbourg and bad mouth/attack their own country. It took some guts for Posselt to say that, and although politically incorrect, he still did it.

The challenge to Macedonia is, if the SDSM is not in power, the party activates their Brussels and Strasbourgh based "journalists" who write and speak of Macedonia as if describing North Korea. Of course, the solution is always for the SDSM to be back in power, otherwise everything is bad.

Is the Economist's strange article, just another piece of the SDSM's plethora of backstabbs against their own country? Is this what Posselt was asking the SDSM not to do? Or was he talking about the letters SDSM sends to every European MP describing the 'chaos' the country is in ... becase their party is not in power?

Monuments or something else?

What is so bad about masterpiece lions that are put at the Stone Bridge? Why does the SDSM hate the lions, Skopje 2014, the 100 tennis courts, the 100 football stadiums, the dozens schools, the dozens gyms being built in remote villages? Or here is a better question, why the SDSM hate everything the current Government does?

The answer is very simple. With every little thing the current Government has done, it has only magnified the incredible incompetence and how little (read 'nothing') the previous SDSM led Governments have done. For 15 years, the SDSM did not build a single bathroom in the city. We all know too well that one (double) tennis court across the former Gradski Stadium, where I had to pay a fortune to play, and even if you had the fortune, you still couldn't get to play, because there was a three pager list of people in front of you.

Today I walk to my tennis court and it's Free To Play!

Pool? During SDSM's reign, we had A Pool in Karposh (30 minute ride from I live), where it was too dangerous to swim (water was almost freezing). Waterpolo? Of course not! This was the case for 15 years. Today most neighborhoods have swimming pools, while Macedonia for a second time in a row is in the European Championship in Waterpolo.

The SDSM will tell you "what a waste of money". Indeed it is a waste. The Macedonian public for 15 years was not aware these types of infrastructure budgets existed, simply because the SDSM pocketed the money. Better yet, the money were pocketed by the same people who robbed TAT Bank customers (Branko C. could tell you where your money are).

Ah Those Lions

Did anyone from the SDSM party bothered to watch the joy of the Macedonian architect who designed the Lion, did you? Or you satisfied your lifeless souls by sending the A1 hyenas to find out how much the Architect made from the project. Really? That was the only question you had about the design of the 5 meter tall Lion weighing 5.5 tons? I can see your logic perfectly. Shame on the current Government for hiring local architects and giving them jobs, they should be on the unemployed list just like you kept them there for 15 years.

Shame on the current Government for making the whole country beautiful and modernizing it to Western Europe levels. It was much better when we didn't have highways, schools, sports arenas... Shameful indeed. // Gorazd V.

МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• Daniel the Great
                • Nov 2009

Here are the Lion statues:

I just think the Macedonian lion is a massive part of our identity, and it is so appropriate to showcase them in such a way.

Comment

• Prolet
                  • Sep 2009

I agree Daniel

This is a funny comment one lady gives out about the Statues in Skopje, she reminded me a bit of Jankovska but then i realized that Jankovska is alot smarter then her lol

YouTube - Да му најдеме на девојчево коњ за јавање

Comment

• Prolet
                    • Sep 2009

Daniel, I think this one is the best of them all

YouTube - Лавовите се баксузни! (На рапорт со Јофе)

Comment

• Risto the Great
                      • Sep 2008

I am positive these people talk about the weather in the same manner.
                      Risto the Great
                      MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                      "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Risto the Great
                        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by daniel the great View Post
                        I just think the Macedonian lion is a massive part of our identity, and it is so appropriate to showcase them in such a way.
                        Apparently not ... based on the comments above.
                        Risto the Great

Comment

• Prolet
                          • Sep 2009

Risto, You cant keep everybody happy, we've always had the knockers around us.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Prolet View Post
                            Risto, You cant keep everybody happy, we've always had the knockers around us.
                            That is politics I suppose.
                            Perhaps a few more McDonalds shops should be opened.
                            Risto the Great

Comment

• Prolet
                              • Sep 2009

Risto, In Macedonia its a joke to go to McDonalds, you get charged 220 denars for a McValue meal when you can get a massive burger with fries and a 600ml drink for 150 denars. Hell there is even enough money for desert, for 30 denars you can get a big Tulumba at Apche.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                                • Sep 2008

McDonalds in every poor country is a status of wealth for the locals.
                                Risto the Great

Comment

Working...
                                X