Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rogi
    • Sep 2008

The ex-president ... in that time said that a strong Macedonia is also in interest of all Albanians.
    Epirot, every Greek President and Prime Minister since Macedonia's Independence have also made this statement. Yet...

On a more relevant note, the last time that border was left unguarded by an international body, Kosovo effectively declared war on Macedonia, smuggling an entire army with complete weapons cache's through to Macedonia, to attack the Macedonian state and the Macedonian people.

As for Risto's point and recommendation that not a single ethnic Albanian be a patrol officer on the Macedonian side of the border, you misread what he wrote and it is a recommendation I completely agree with, particularly when considering the fact that ethnic Albanian soldiers in the Macedonian army, have in more than one instance expressed their loyalty to Albania rather than Macedonia, going so far as to take down Macedonian flags on the Macedonian army barracks, replacing them with the official flag of the Albanian state; an act of treason by any measure.
    Last edited by Rogi; 01-28-2011, 08:43 PM.

Comment

• Big Bad Sven
      • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Epirot View Post
      Why do you think so?

Who should be a patrol officer from Kosova if not Albanians? Kosova is now an independent country and has its enough capacities to guard its boundaries without KFOR troops.

I don't know why do you perceive this as a bad development or as co-operation with an enemy? Both of our countries recognize each other, have good official relations, not only in politics but also in economy, etc. Neither Macedonia nor Kosova are in war...so I strongly maintain the idea of mutual co-operation.

I call as meaningless some stereoptypes by your side when you portray Albanians as fierce enemies against Macedonians, etc. You forgot that Albania was one of the first states who recognized officially the new emerged state of Macedonia. The ex-president of Albania in that time said that a strong Macedonia is also in interest of all Albanians.
      Albania has not recognized Macedonia yet. Albania did come very close in the early 2000's but due to grk pressure the albanian government decided not to recognize macedonia at the 11th hour.

Kosovo recognizes macedonia, but it really means very little as kosovo is not a UN country and many countries dont consider kosovo a "real" country.....

And i agree with Risto and Rogi, how can you trust albanians in the macedonian police and army when they dont care or respect the macedonian nation/flag/language/people etc

Comment

• George S.
        • Aug 2009

BBs you'll know when trhey shoot you or stab you in the back.THe sentiments are exactly about the albanians being in the police in the army etc they are going to look safter their own kind.The problem is they want a country within a country.I think if they are not happy just fuck off to albania.Macedonia is first & foremost the fatherland of the macedonians.UI'm surprised why they let the albanian element to come in 1991.THe albanians have not shown cooperatrion that they will respect the country or be active macedonian citizens.THey really want to secede.
        Last edited by George S.; 01-29-2011, 03:35 AM. Reason: edit
        "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
        GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Makedonetz
          • Apr 2010

Originally posted by makedonche View Post
          Makedonetz
          Bes gailje, dosta merisaij, ke znaeme deca se!
          Makedonche

Im sigurni deka našite makedonski graničari ḱe se gleda na granicite kako sokol
          Makedoncite se borat
          za svoite pravdini!

"The one who works for joining of Macedonia to Bulgaria,Greece or Serbia can consider himself as a good Bulgarian, Greek or Serb, but not a good Macedonian"
          - Goce Delchev

Comment

• Pelister
            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Frank View Post
            Macedonians are not respected by anyone, everyone see's us as push overs to be manipulated and demands made of we bring this distinction to ourselves.
            You may be right about that Frank.

You can blame Gruevski and Co. for meddling with our identity, and you can blame them for an apparent inability to challenge the terms of the New Greeks head one in a simple and straightfoward way. I hold them responsible in part for this mess we are in, but if you had to list the top three things that would make Macedonia a stronger State and a more secure State what would they be? I understand your frustration because I feel it too, but I wanted to turn your attention to things that can be done. I don't like the situation we are in, and I know you don't either, so what has to change? If Kicevo had another 20,000 Christian Macedonian families, and if the region around Debar had another 20,000 Macedonian families, would the geopolitics of the region be any different? I think it would, radically. If Macedonia had an extra 500,000 Macedonians right now living in new modern houses, would that make it a stronger and more secure State? I believe it would. I read an article in yesterdays paper that the A.C.T government has plans to develop another 5,000 blocks. Can you imagine what would happen if the Macedonian government had a plan to expand its small towns and large villages with modern homes, particularly in south west Macedonia? I don't believe we can rely on our politicians, but we can turn our attention to some kind of proactive developments. This I think is one of them. The numbers on the ground can put an end to the terms of the Framework Agreement and put us back in control of our own territory.
            Last edited by Pelister; 01-29-2011, 11:22 PM.

Comment

• Pelister
              • Sep 2008

Its a bad development because Albanian officials in Kosovo are entirely corrupt, and highly militaristic. Can you imagine the kinds of things coming through our borders with Kosovo police on the other side? I can easily imagine Kosovo border patrols making incursions into Macedonian territory. On the other hand, there is a distinct advantage. If a border incident occurs, we won't need foriegn permission meaning Western or European (I hope) to take action, we can engage them directly?

Comment

• Makedonetz
                • Apr 2010

Pelister i can only imagine to the stuff that would be brought into our borders if this is going to happen. Terroist actions will increase around tetovo with this new option of albanians having rights to be border patrols.
                Makedoncite se borat
                za svoite pravdini!

"The one who works for joining of Macedonia to Bulgaria,Greece or Serbia can consider himself as a good Bulgarian, Greek or Serb, but not a good Macedonian"
                - Goce Delchev

Comment

• fyrOM
                  Banned
                  • Feb 2010

I call as meaningless some stereoptypes by your side when you portray Albanians as fierce enemies against Macedonians, etc.
                  Is it really a negative stereotype or a self declaration…need I go on with more examples or are you already aware of them.

“We will either join the EU and NATO together or we will destroy the country together,” said leader of the Democratic Union of Integration (DSI) Ali Ahmeti

You forgot that Albania was one of the first states who recognized officially the new emerged state of Macedonia. The ex-president of Albania in that time said that a strong Macedonia is also in interest of all Albanians.
                  So does Bulgaria but how many incidences have there been where Bulgarians…both in and out of the government…are negating the existence of Macedonians…talk is cheep…like the old saying money talks and bs walks…hows about they show support for Macedonia.

[QUOTE]Bulgarian intellectuals ask UNESCO to stop Macedonia’s misappropriation of Bulgaria language, culture

[http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum...?t=5103/QUOTE]

Comment

• makedonche
                    • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Makedonetz View Post
                    Makedonche

Im sigurni deka našite makedonski graničari ḱe se gleda na granicite kako sokol
                    Makedonetz
                    Vistina!
                    On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• Risto the Great
                      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by makedonche View Post
                      Makedonetz
                      Vistina!
                      I am not so sure. I don't think Macedonia's institutions are strong enough to ensure Macedonians respect them and adhere to laws relating to them. So I would (unfortunately) not be surprised if corruption at the border exists even from Macedonian border guards.
                      Risto the Great
                      MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                      "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• fyrOM
                        Banned
                        • Feb 2010

I don't know why do you perceive this as a bad development or as co-operation with an enemy?
                        By the way just so the othersider of the border doesn’t feel left out.

Report identifies Hashim Thaci as 'big fish' in organised crime

http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum...ead.php?t=5104

Comment

• Makedonetz
                          • Apr 2010

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                          I am not so sure. I don't think Macedonia's institutions are strong enough to ensure Macedonians respect them and adhere to laws relating to them. So I would (unfortunately) not be surprised if corruption at the border exists even from Macedonian border guards.
                          Hopefully our nation can show the rest of the world how Macedonia runs and show those albanians on the other side we ar enot playing around. But your right RTG with the past and situations that arose from our side on things being tarnised hopefully this turn around things will be different.
                          Makedoncite se borat
                          za svoite pravdini!

- Goce Delchev

Comment

• makedonche
                            • Oct 2008

RTG
                            Sad but probably accurate!
                            On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• The LION will ROAR
                              • Jan 2009

RTG, I'll give an example..
                              During the Civil war between the Albanians in 2001..
                              A friend of mine cousins was posted on the Macedonian/Kosovo border with another soldier...while patrolling the area they got startled by a donkey coming thru the woods loaded with large bags tied to it's back...when they search the donkey the discovered drugs in them..so they notified their immediate Officer/Captain..
                              Not sure of the outcome with the Donkey and Drugs but the next day the two were posted at another location and were never re-posted back where they discovered the Drugs...
                              Strange is it not...?
                              The Macedonians originates it, the Bulgarians imitate it and the Greeks exploit it!

Comment

• Risto the Great
                                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by The LION will ROAR View Post
                                Strange is it not...?
                                Exactly.
                                Many try to paint the ethnic Albanians of Macedonia as criminals and turn a blind eye towards Macedonians. I would say there are elements amongst Macedonians that must not be ignored. Macedonians have learned to undermine "the establishment" for as long as they have existed. Most certainly during Ottoman times.
                                Risto the Great
                                MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                                "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

Working...
                                X