Australian Elections 2022

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Momce Makedonce
    Member
    • Jul 2012
    • 562

    Australian Elections 2022

    Hi all!

    Thought I would open this thread to focus on the upcoming Australian Federal Election coming up in 2022, to be held in May I believe (unless we mysteriously go into another lockdown and these elections are postponed).

    Admin feel free to merge with another thread if needed, couldn't find anywhere else to post.

    Safe to say this upcoming election is going to be extremely important for Australia and its future. After what has happened the last couple of years there seems to be a renewed interest and focus on politics and the way in which it impacts our lives.

    Since I have become of age I have never really voted properly, I would just go to get my name ticked off to be completely honest. However, due to some of the things that have been happening in Australia in recent years such as the way COVID has been handled, far left manipulation through the media, censorship, the pushing of particular left wing ideologies in what seems like every sphere of society, the list goes on.. I have decided it might now be time to take this area more seriously.

    Like many Macedonians in Australia, my family were traditionally Labour voters, however I feel the Labour Party that our Grandparents and Parents voted for in the 70's up to about mid 2000's is a very different party to what it stands for today. Hence, I am looking for other options that more align with my views, I thought for a while perhaps the Liberals weren't too bad, but the way COVID has been handled has made me think differently.

    I believe that a genuine 3rd party option is needed (same as in Macedonia) to at least put some pressure on the larger parties and have some sort of balance of opinion.

    I have been doing more research into the area of Australian politics and thought it would be worthwhile to hear some of your opinions as we get closer to the elections this year, as well as keep track of any developments.
    "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task." Goce Delcev
  • Momce Makedonce
    Member
    • Jul 2012
    • 562

    #2
    One of the topics I want to cover in particular is the emergence of a party by the name of the United Australia Party, founded by Clive Palmer and lead by ex-Liberal Craig Kelly.


    The United Australia Party are standing candidates in all 151 seats in the House of Representatives and teams in the Senate for each State and Territory. We have new policy platforms with strong economic leadership, we will restore integrity to Government and ensure will allocate more funding directly for health and for education. We will protect your home and will restore the great Australian dream to own your own home, with dedicated policies to help this happen. We will pay down the Nationaal debt using Australia's natural resources and we will restore confidence to small business to ensure we can grow the nation, raise our living standards and help us all achieve our full potential. Australia needs change, and Australia needs a new government. One that is not controlled by lobbyists or career politicians who are devoid of ideas. United Australia Party is the only party that can form Government in our own right and restore the Government to the people.


    In mainstream media they get little attention, but from what I am hearing they are planning on spending about $250 million on advertising for the upcoming election. I have been seeing this first-hand, their ads are all over YouTube, billboards across Sydney and I have recently started seeing the same video ads now on TV.

    Their signs have commonly been seen at the recent freedom protests and more and more people have been mentioning or joining them.

    Craig Kelly and the UAP seem to be one of the few parties speaking out about the way in which COVID has been handled with regard to lockdowns and mandates/coercion, censorship and the principle of freedom of speech. I have come to realise that civil liberties are of upmost importance and this is one of the parties that has not only been outspoken on this issue, but have actually joined the people in the recent Freedom Protests the last 6 months.

    I can't say I know too much about Clive Palmer apart from the fact that he is a billionaire, but he does seem to be a controversial figure for some reason. Not sure if anyone can shed some light on this?

    In regards to Craig Kelly, I actually knew of him prior to becoming the leader of the UAP. He left the Liberal Party last year as some within were not happy with his opinions in regards to the COVID situation. But for some that don't know, Craig is actually a great friend of the Macedonian community here in Sydney and has spoken out on our behalf multiple times in regard to protecting our human rights and self determination. I can post some links after to his speech at the Macedonian Protest in Sydney in 2017 as well as some other events.

    Not sure if anybody has any views or insights into the UAP or the main individuals within the party?
    Last edited by Momce Makedonce; 02-07-2022, 07:10 AM.
    "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task." Goce Delcev

    Comment

    • kompir
      Member
      • Jan 2015
      • 537

      #3
      This is the best chance for the Australian people to deliver a massive fuck you to the ruling class by not participating in the dog and pony show known as elections. I'm not talking about the Laberal party or the retards that are the Greens or any of the other political clubs vying for a majority in the House of Reps. Non participation in an illusory election is the only way (short of all out guerilla warfare) of removing the legitimacy of the political system and thus removing the puppets of the ruling class.

      However that is currently wishful thinking as half the country are still scared witless and wearing masks whilst at home and when by themselves in their cars; the other half are getting on with life.
      Доста бе Вегето една, во секоја манџа се мешаш

      Comment

      • Risto the Great
        Senior Member
        • Sep 2008
        • 15659

        #4
        Well done with your inquiry Momce.
        I also agree that there needs to be alternative options and that, even if the influence is minor, it can be effective.
        Risto the Great
        MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
        "Holding my breath for the revolution."

        Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

        Comment

        • Liberator of Makedonija
          Senior Member
          • Apr 2014
          • 1597

          #5
          There definitely needs to be more options in Australia, not that there is any lack of parties just that there is not a hope in hell any party besides Labor or Liberal-Nationals will ever get elected: the Greens being the only ones that could even remotely come close.

          The UAP also spent stupid dollars on the last federal election but failed to win a seat. They are very much a populist/opportunist party that will support anything they believe will get them attention, which recently has been the handling of COVID-19 by the various Labor and Liberal-Nationals run authorities. Clive Palmer is controversial because some view him as some kind of oligarch that got rich off his employees who he underpaid. He has generally been an unliked personality in Australia even before he entered politics, which is probably why Craig Kelly has replaced him as party leader and rebranded the party.
          I know of two tragic histories in the world- that of Ireland, and that of Macedonia. Both of them have been deprived and tormented.

          Comment

          • kompir
            Member
            • Jan 2015
            • 537

            #6
            More options won't solve the fundamental problems with the political system in this country. The system is inherently flawed and completely broken when viewed from the perspective of the people of this country.

            - Corruption is rife at every level of government and the bureaucracy, not only is it endemic and infests every nook and cranny of the political system, it is legally sanctioned.

            - The bureaucracy is completely unaccountable to the electorate, so much so that the criminals within are immune to any form of consequence.

            - Government needs to be representative of the electorate, not whichever party manages to steal a majority via two party preferred garbage.

            - Foreign interference of any sort needs to be dealt with as harshly as possible, the MIC (military industrial complex) has been running the show here and in most countries around the world via their "elected proxies". This needs to stop ASAP.

            - Local government needs to be abolished, of the three levels of govco it is easily the most useless and pointless. The fact that they wanted a referendum to recognise them as a legitimate level of government speaks volumes about their utility/legitimacy and lack thereof.

            - The remaining levels of government need to go on a permanent diet. There is so much waste, dead wood and replicated roles and departments that shedding this excess would bring every budget into the black instantly.

            - The RBA needs to be abolished and the country takes back creation of the monetary unit. The complete lack of sound money since the currency became a debt based fiat is the singular cause of pretty much every economic problem faced by the country.

            More options at the illusory elections won't solve anything.
            Доста бе Вегето една, во секоја манџа се мешаш

            Comment

            • Karposh
              Member
              • Aug 2015
              • 863

              #7
              Originally posted by Momce Makedonce View Post
              Craig Kelly and the UAP seem to be one of the few parties speaking out about the way in which COVID has been handled with regard to lockdowns and mandates/coercion, censorship and the principle of freedom of speech. I have come to realise that civil liberties are of upmost importance and this is one of the parties that has not only been outspoken on this issue, but have actually joined the people in the recent Freedom Protests the last 6 months.
              And that is exactly what has drawn me to him and his party. He has been very vocal about all this since day one which is why his colleagues in Canberra and the media paint him out to be nothing but a joke and a clown. I sure hope he has the last laugh come election time. There is a huge momentum building for the UAP right now and I'm right on board. Slanderous comments on social media and YouTube have alleged that he is a shill for the Liberal Party and that the preferential voting system in this country will hand the party's votes to the Liberals anyway. He has actually addressed these rumours and explained that that is not how the preferential voting system works. All you need to do, to ensure that none of the major parties get your vote, is to make sure not to place them 2nd or 3rd on the ballot paper. If you're going to mark every box on the ballot paper in order of preference then it's very important to give your preference to all the minor parties. If Liberal/Nationals & Labour/Greens aren't given a 2nd or 3rd preference after your main preference but, instead, you stick them all the way to the bottom of the list, then they cannot possibly be handed your preference votes.

              Originally posted by Momce Makedonce View Post
              But for some that don't know, Craig is actually a great friend of the Macedonian community here in Sydney and has spoken out on our behalf multiple times in regard to protecting our human rights and self determination. I can post some links after to his speech at the Macedonian Protest in Sydney in 2017 as well as some other events.
              I had no idea MM. This just makes me like the guy even more now. Incidentally, he is the representative of my local electorate of Hughes and I've seen him around the Menai area quite a few times. In fact he often gets his coffee from the same place I get it in Menai and I almost had the opportunity to go up to him and have a chat, however, there were a few others with the same idea so I missed my chance. Anyway, if I get another opportunity like that, I'll definitely shake his hand and tell him he's doing a good job and to continue his fight against the scum bags in Canberra.

              Comment

              • Momce Makedonce
                Member
                • Jul 2012
                • 562

                #8
                Originally posted by kompir View Post
                This is the best chance for the Australian people to deliver a massive fuck you to the ruling class by not participating in the dog and pony show known as elections. I'm not talking about the Laberal party or the retards that are the Greens or any of the other political clubs vying for a majority in the House of Reps. Non participation in an illusory election is the only way (short of all out guerilla warfare) of removing the legitimacy of the political system and thus removing the puppets of the ruling class.

                However that is currently wishful thinking as half the country are still scared witless and wearing masks whilst at home and when by themselves in their cars; the other half are getting on with life.
                You might be right kompir, although considering some people are still wearing masks in their cars driving alone and outdoors with nobody within their vicinity, I can't really see a complete revolution where majority will not participate in the elections to be honest.

                Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                Well done with your inquiry Momce.
                I also agree that there needs to be alternative options and that, even if the influence is minor, it can be effective.
                I think most sensible people would agree that alternative options are beneficial. By the way Risto, thanks for all the articles and studies you have been posting in the Covid thread, I haven't been replying but keeping a close eye on that thread.
                Last edited by Momce Makedonce; 02-08-2022, 08:11 AM.
                "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task." Goce Delcev

                Comment

                • Momce Makedonce
                  Member
                  • Jul 2012
                  • 562

                  #9
                  Originally posted by Liberator of Makedonija View Post

                  The UAP also spent stupid dollars on the last federal election but failed to win a seat. They are very much a populist/opportunist party that will support anything they believe will get them attention, which recently has been the handling of COVID-19 by the various Labor and Liberal-Nationals run authorities. Clive Palmer is controversial because some view him as some kind of oligarch that got rich off his employees who he underpaid. He has generally been an unliked personality in Australia even before he entered politics, which is probably why Craig Kelly has replaced him as party leader and rebranded the party.
                  Interesting insight, I have heard a little about the situation with employees being underpaid, but I might have to delve a little deeper.
                  "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task." Goce Delcev

                  Comment

                  • Momce Makedonce
                    Member
                    • Jul 2012
                    • 562

                    #10
                    Originally posted by Karposh View Post
                    And that is exactly what has drawn me to him and his party. He has been very vocal about all this since day one which is why his colleagues in Canberra and the media paint him out to be nothing but a joke and a clown. I sure hope he has the last laugh come election time. There is a huge momentum building for the UAP right now and I'm right on board. Slanderous comments on social media and YouTube have alleged that he is a shill for the Liberal Party and that the preferential voting system in this country will hand the party's votes to the Liberals anyway. He has actually addressed these rumours and explained that that is not how the preferential voting system works. All you need to do, to ensure that none of the major parties get your vote, is to make sure not to place them 2nd or 3rd on the ballot paper. If you're going to mark every box on the ballot paper in order of preference then it's very important to give your preference to all the minor parties. If Liberal/Nationals & Labour/Greens aren't given a 2nd or 3rd preference after your main preference but, instead, you stick them all the way to the bottom of the list, then they cannot possibly be handed your preference votes.



                    I had no idea MM. This just makes me like the guy even more now. Incidentally, he is the representative of my local electorate of Hughes and I've seen him around the Menai area quite a few times. In fact he often gets his coffee from the same place I get it in Menai and I almost had the opportunity to go up to him and have a chat, however, there were a few others with the same idea so I missed my chance. Anyway, if I get another opportunity like that, I'll definitely shake his hand and tell him he's doing a good job and to continue his fight against the scum bags in Canberra.
                    Hi Karposh, thanks for going through the process for voting on the day, definitely planning on putting these big parties at the bottom of my preferences.

                    You are right UAP is definitely gaining momentum, apparently by membership numbers they are the biggest party in Australia. Although it must be mentioned that apparently memberships were free of charge, to my knowledge for most other parties you need to pay to join.

                    Here are some of the speeches Craig Kelly has done for the Macedonian community below:

                    Macedonian Protest at Darling Quarter Sydney in 2017


                    Speaking on our behalf in parliament regarding Australia recognising the Republic of Macedonia


                    Speaking at a World Macedonian Congress event in Sydney in 2018


                    He definitely seems be a supporter of the Macedonian community, and in general a pretty decent person, I am sure he wouldn't mind a chat if you bump into him.
                    "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task." Goce Delcev

                    Comment

                    • Liberator of Makedonija
                      Senior Member
                      • Apr 2014
                      • 1597

                      #11
                      You raise some valid points Kompir.
                      I know of two tragic histories in the world- that of Ireland, and that of Macedonia. Both of them have been deprived and tormented.

                      Comment

                      • kompir
                        Member
                        • Jan 2015
                        • 537

                        #12
                        Originally posted by Liberator of Makedonija View Post
                        You raise some valid points Kompir.
                        Government in its current guise is a criminal enterprise, not only because the overt government that the vast majority of people see and interact with has no actual power, but because that this organisation is effectively a front company for another entity that exists outside of any legislative instruments and has zero consent of the governed.

                        This entity is the foreign influence I spoke of earlier, except it isn't just simple influence or subversion of the legitimate government. They own the "government" and why I call any organisation that presents itself to its people as government as GovCo.
                        Доста бе Вегето една, во секоја манџа се мешаш

                        Comment

                        • Spirit
                          Member
                          • May 2015
                          • 154

                          #13
                          Originally posted by kompir View Post
                          Government in its current guise is a criminal enterprise, not only because the overt government that the vast majority of people see and interact with has no actual power, but because that this organisation is effectively a front company for another entity that exists outside of any legislative instruments and has zero consent of the governed.

                          This entity is the foreign influence I spoke of earlier, except it isn't just simple influence or subversion of the legitimate government. They own the "government" and why I call any organisation that presents itself to its people as government as GovCo.
                          Government in all itís guises throughout history have been criminal enterprises, the last two years have made me more acutely aware of that

                          Comment

                          • kompir
                            Member
                            • Jan 2015
                            • 537

                            #14
                            Originally posted by Spirit View Post
                            Government in all itís guises throughout history have been criminal enterprises, the last two years have made me more acutely aware of that
                            You and many other people. Sadly many more can't see the forest for the trees...
                            Доста бе Вегето една, во секоја манџа се мешаш

                            Comment

                            • Phoenix
                              Senior Member
                              • Dec 2008
                              • 4671

                              #15
                              Originally posted by Spirit View Post
                              Government in all it’s guises throughout history have been criminal enterprises, the last two years have made me more acutely aware of that
                              I saw somewhere on twitter the other day a claim that the worlds richest 0.01% had increased their wealth by 310 billion pounds (sterling) during the course of the pandemic...meanwhile 100 million people slipped further into poverty...

                              How can this possibly happen you might ask...just look at the greatest proponents of lockdowns - the Big Tech monopolies like Facebook, Google, Twitter, Youtube, Amazon etc...all hell bent on prolonging lockdowns, stoking fear and eliminating all debate...just so people go into voluntary isolation, mute the dissenters, keep people locked-up and bored and working from home and fearful to venture outside, make it impossible for people to travel and all of a sudden they have money that can be directed elsewhere...they then buy all their food online, they entertain themselves online, they change their consumer spending to fully online and they get caught in the online echo chamber of the MSM narrative to ensure the perpetuation of the cycle...and ALL AIDED and ABETTED by GOVERNMENTS all over the world.
                              Last edited by Phoenix; 02-11-2022, 01:49 AM.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X