• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Voltron
    Banned
    • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Vangelovski View Post
    What do UN resolutions have to do with EU accession negotiations?

Why is blocking a chapter "unfounded", particularly when it has already happened:

Maybe you were just stating your uninformed opinion - it seems popular these days.
    Those examples like Croatia and Slovenia is a perfect example. Slovenia had Croatia by the balls yet it was obligated to release the veto due to outside pressure. It was not sustainalble.

Same thing with all other cases, the veto's were lifted to have the candadite country continue negotiations.

The UN resolutions are relevent because its extra backing and support as to why a member would block a candadite country. Without that type of backing it is extrememly difficult to veto once the negotiations has started.

Comment

• Voltron
      Banned
      • Jan 2011

Did you even read the examples I provided above? Other than your 'gut feeling', do you have anything of substance to contribute?
      Im just going by the news and real case examples like the ones you mentioned. I dont see Greece being able to block Macedonia once the negotiations start. It will simply be a waiting game which Macedonia will wait out.

Comment

• Vangelovski
        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Voltron View Post
        Im just going by the news and real case examples like the ones you mentioned. I dont see Greece being able to block Macedonia once the negotiations start. It will simply be a waiting game which Macedonia will wait out.
        I've given you THREE examples of negotiations been blocked and you still don't think it will be able to happen?
        If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Voltron
          Banned
          • Jan 2011

I've given you THREE examples of negotiations been blocked and you still don't think it will be able to happen?
          Yes, you did and in each of those cases did the member country that was blocking the candadite get what they wanted ?

Not entirely, but they were forced to lift the veto after external pressure from other member states. That is why Greece does not want Macedonia to start the negotiations. Once that happens its a different ball game altogether.

Comment

• Vangelovski
            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Voltron View Post
            Yes, you did and in each of those cases did the member country that was blocking the candadite get what they wanted ?

Not entirely, but they were forced to lift the veto after external pressure from other member states. That is why Greece does not want Macedonia to start the negotiations. Once that happens its a different ball game altogether.
            YES, Italy got what it wanted:

YES, the EU got what it wanted from Austria:

YES, Slovenia has partly gotten what it wants - compensation until a final resolution
            If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Voltron
              Banned
              • Jan 2011

Thanks for the links, im still not sure what happened to Austria I will read the whole pdf later. I see that Italy did get what it wanted.
              As far as Slovenia, I think their demands will not be met. A compromise will happen for sure.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                • Sep 2008

Macedonia will do whatever it takes to get into the EU.
                Looking at what it already has agreed to in this process is merely confirmation that any and all capitulations are possible.
                Risto the Great
                MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Pelister
                  • Sep 2008

Isn't the E.U then just a foriegn policy tool of Greece, and arn't advocates of the E.U really then just supporting the Greeks?
                  Last edited by Pelister; 07-01-2011, 11:15 PM.

Comment

• Pelister
                    • Sep 2008

I wanted to produce more information to show that the E.U policy of erasing Macedonia, and erasing Macedonians.

E.U Agency:

1. Office for Official Publications of the European Communities

Year: 2009

The MIA, citing Erik Meijer, the European Parliament Rapporteur for Macedonia:

In the inter-institutional style guide complied by the Office for Official Publications of the European Communities, these terms (the terms 'Macedonian', 'Macedonians' and country code 'MK') have been replaced with 'to be defined'
                    Has anyone seen the European Commission's institutional guide on names recently?

What is it calling Macedonia, and the Macedonians?

Article:

The European Commission has decided to redefine the terms “Macedonian”, “Macedonians” and country code “MK” in its institutional style guide, Erik Meijer, European Parliament Rapporteur for Macedonia, suspects.

For evidence of the 'to be defined' code, and ubiquitous use of the FYROM acronym go here:

Last edited by Pelister; 07-05-2011, 12:31 AM.

Comment

• Onur
                      • Apr 2010

Denmark finally re-introduced border controls and customs check to all of it`s borders yesterday. EU leaders are protesting Denmark for that;

Schengen state Denmark beefs up border controls

Denmark, part of the Schengen border-free zone, has deployed extra customs officers on its frontiers in a move causing concern among EU neighbours.

Danish customs officers were at work on the Oeresund sea bridge with Sweden

Thirty additional officers were being posted on the Danish land border with Germany and 20 others on the country's sea borders.

TV crews crowded on to border crossings to record the first checks, with some media offering live coverage.

Denmark's government is under pressure to curb illegal immigration.

The centre-right coalition moved to introduce the additional customs agents after calls from its populist ally, the right-wing Danish People's Party (DPP), and the legislation cleared parliament on Friday.

Finance Minister Claus Hjort Frederiksen said earlier: "We have seen too many examples of violence, break-ins and brutal criminality committed by perpetrators who have crossed the borders."

But many have questioned the legality of the Danish move under the 1995 Schengen Agreement, which abolished internal borders, enabling passport-free movement inside much of western Europe.

Juerg-Uwe Hahn, justice minister of Germany's Hessen region, told Danish newspaper Jyllands-Posten that Denmark had "ostracised itself".

He was speaking before a meeting of Germany's powerful regional ministers in Berlin this week, which is expected to condemn the Danish initiative.
                      Bemused motorist

A Dutch motorist appeared slightly alarmed after being stopped by customs officers after she entered Denmark from Germany at Froslev on Tuesday morning, the online edition of Jyllands-Posten reports.

As the first motorist to be checked, she was asked to pull over 20m inside the border, and found herself being questioned by several customs officers as some 50 media people crowded around her car, the paper says.

Also on Tuesday morning, Danish customs officers could be seen working at the Oeresund sea bridge between Denmark and Sweden.

The Danish reinforcements come on top of a force of about 160, which will grow to 260 by the end of this year, according to Reuters news agency.

Responding to German concerns earlier, Danish officials stressed they did not mean to reintroduce passport controls or hold up travel.

"This is a matter of reinforced customs control where we will go after illegal import of, among other things, narcotics, weapons and large amounts of money, precisely as we do today," tax and customs administration director Erling Andersen said in a statement on Friday.

"There will not be any systematic control of all vehicles and trains that pass the border, and the controls will be carried out with the least possible disturbance to traffic."

Defending the plans back in May, the Danish finance minister said: "Over the past few years we have seen an increase in trans-border crime, and this is designed to curb the problem."

Denmark's ruling coalition of liberals and conservatives relies on the right-wing DPP's support to pass legislation in parliament.

The country must hold its next general election by this November.

5 July 2011

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-14028112

So, just as the Euro currency, i think Schengen days are over soon too.

YouTube - ‪The peoples of Europe don't want 'More Europe' - Stuart Agnew‬‏

Comment

• Onur
                        • Apr 2010

I just saw this article and it`s quite interesting. You know, Hungary completed their midterm presidency recently. Hungarian PM denounced several "EU absurdities" after they completed their term and he says that the toughest issue for him was that he had to remember not to call Macedonia as Macedonia but as FYROM due to the decision of EU institutions;
                        At presidency midterm, Orbán denounces EU 'absurdities'
                        Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orbán presented in Brussels yesterday (14 April) his country's accomplishments halfway through its EU presidency. Pre-empting tough questions on Hungarian internal politics, Orbán lashed out at some of Europe's "absurdities".

Asked about Macedonia's membership bid, Orbán for once spoke in English, saying that this was "the toughest issue". "If I should characterise this situation, I would say that it's the embodiment of absurdity," he said emphatically.

Orbán said he was tired of having to remember that as EU presidency holder he must call the country "FYROM". Hungary recognises Macedonia under its constitutional name, but due to the position of Greece, which refuses to recognise its small neighbour under this name, the EU institutions refer to it as "the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia".

"This is an absurdity. An absurdity unimaginable in Europe," Orbán repeated.

http://www.euractiv.com/en/future-eu...es-news-504101

Comment

• makedonche
                          • Oct 2008

Onur
                          Thanks for posting this! Interestingly even the EUrocrats are starting to acknowledge what we have all know for a long time - perhaps the winds of change may be beginning to blow in!
                          "This is an absurdity. An absurdity unimaginable in Europe," Orbán repeated.
                          It may be "unimaginable" in Europe, but it is certainly an absurdity that has plagued the Macedonians for far too long!
                          On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• Onur
                            • Apr 2010

Originally posted by makedonche View Post
                            Interestingly even the EUrocrats are starting to acknowledge what we have all know for a long time - perhaps the winds of change may be beginning to blow in!
                            No makedonche, he is a PM of Hungary, not an MEP for EU parliament. Actually he has been bullied and constantly being protested during his presidency term and accused by Eurocrats by being a "nationalist" in his home country (like if it`s a crime!!!). The pedophile eurocrat, Daniel Cohn Bendit gone mad cuz apparently, Hungarian PM said in his own country, that he will not obey to the European dictators in EU parliament!;

Hungary's Orban gets frosty reception in Strasbourg - YouTube
                            Cohn-Bendit vs Orbán Viktor - YouTube

Only the eurosceptics greeted him well and Nigel Farage asked him to get up and fight vs EU overlords!!!;

Farage: Meet your new Soviet overlords, Mr Orbán - YouTube
                            Last edited by Onur; 08-22-2011, 04:01 AM.

Comment

• makedonche
                              • Oct 2008

Onur
                              Thanks for clarifying! Interesting vids, I suppose it's obvious I commend anyone who has the intestinal fortitude to stand up and tell it like it is when it comes to the Macedonian question. I was mostly impressed with his terminology in labelling the name dispute the "embodiment of absurdity". What astonishes me is that if he can see this then why can't other supposedly educated european politicians.
                              BTW I'm a big fan of Nigel Farange for his no holds barred approach in telling it like it is "who the hell does the EU think it is", another noteworthy comment!
                              PS on a side note I commend Turkey in it's initiative to assist the starving millions in africa - and challenge all of humanity to take up the task!
                              On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• Pelister
                                • Sep 2008

So the politicians are negotiating our identity to get into the E.U. Is there any feedback on E.U policy to erase our identity? Is there any discussion about it anywhere? Does anyone even give a damn that bureacrats in the E.U have made it a specific policy point to erase the name 'Macedonia' where ever it appears? I can't believe the insanity of Gruevski and other Macedonian politicians, who coddle up to an institution that negates their identity, and puts so much at risk.

Comment

Working...
                                X