Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • makedonche
    • Oct 2008

Aaaagh! so many f@#*wits and so few bullets!
    On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• fyrOM
      Banned
      • Feb 2010

I’m with you makedonce even the RSPCA checks dogs for good character. Those that pass get put up for adoption and the rest get put down. Imagine what the west would say if we in the diaspora started screaming for the things some people are in Macedonia.

Comment

• Volk
        • Sep 2008

Macedonian name, identity and history need to be protected by law in the Macedonian State.

free speech is one thing, vilification is another.
        Makedonija vo Srce

Comment

• CA_RO
          • May 2010

Unacceptable

This is unacceptable behavior, this must not be tolerated.

Immigrants who came to Greece have full rights and protection as allowed under the Law. Immigrants to Greece deserve the same full rights as native citizens of Greece e.g. people who were born in Greece.

All migrants of any country have the right to shelter, food, income and support. They must feel welcome and supported by the Government of that country that is the host - the immigrants receiver.

If migrants lives are at risk as they are in Greece the Greek government has to take these migrants to safety and to ensure xenophobic and racist crimes by anarchists do not happen again.

The immigrants in Greece must be ensured acceptable living conditions and adequate housing that is acceptable by European standards and this will ensure the migrants health is not affected it which it must not be.

It is disappointing to see the immigrants in Greece living in poor conditions. I hope this will change quickly. Immigrants should be provided financial support if they request.

Even though Romania has very little immigration, we have no problems with any immigrants here and they have no problems. Romania is a transit country.

Romania recently built an ETC (Emergency Transit Centre) a joint project completed by the International Office for Migration (IOM) and the Romanian Government it is the first of this kind in the world. It is located in Timisoara.

That is a good advancement and helps extend migrant rights and protection which is a key objective and obligation with any country.

I hope that the migrants affected in Greece are no longer at risk. I wish peace and safety for them.

Hate and racism does not bring good to anyone. It just brings insecurity and fear and this must not happen.

Immigrants are human beings like anyone else and deserve to be treated with respect and understanding.

Regards

Ancuta
          Last edited by CA_RO; 05-16-2010, 07:46 AM.

Comment

• julie
            • May 2009

Ancuta welcome to the MTO. What brings you to the forum?

I read your response and am unsure if you jest.
            with the partitioning of Macedonia in 1913 and then the forced assimilation and extermination and cultural genocide of my people in Aegean Macedonia, what gives the illegal immigrants democratic rights by Greek law when they have sytematically tried to exterminate my people with the support of Western world.
            I dont agree with violence and feel sorry for the plight of the immigrants however, surely you must be joking to expect they have more rights than my people there?
            "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• CA_RO
              • May 2010

Equal opportunities for all

Originally posted by julie View Post
              Ancuta welcome to the MTO. What brings you to the forum?

I read your response and am unsure if you jest.
              with the partitioning of Macedonia in 1913 and then the forced assimilation and extermination and cultural genocide of my people in Aegean Macedonia, what gives the illegal immigrants democratic rights by Greek law when they have sytematically tried to exterminate my people with the support of Western world.
              I dont agree with violence and feel sorry for the plight of the immigrants however, surely you must be joking to expect they have more rights than my people there?
              Thank your response. I came across this website through browsing on the Internet and I thought it would be good for me to sign up and learn about another culture and country I refer to Macedonia in this case.

I wish to clarify my message no person gets more rights then another. Immigrants and the native born Greeks are entitled to the same and equal rights of protection, right to food, shelter and sufficient income to live on.

I would never support unequal rights i.e. more rights then another.

That in my opinion creates distortion and instability which is not good for anyone.

I am confused about one part of your message. Were you born in Greece or Macedonia?

I do not know a lot about the Greece-Macedonia disputes can you please clarify your message if that's possible.

Thank you

Regards

Ancuta

Comment

• Risto the Great
                • Sep 2008

I believe Ancuta is Romanian.
                I have had many pleasant interactions with Romanians and find them to be very similar to Macedonians.

Welcome Ancuta.

Can you tell us anything about the Macedonian minority in Romania?
                Risto the Great
                MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• osiris
                  • Sep 2008

i would also like to know how and why a predominately thracian nation decided to call themselves romanian and why were the countless slavic words eradicated from the language.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by osiris View Post
                    i would also like to know how and why a predominately thracian nation decided to call themselves romanian and why were the countless slavic words eradicated from the language.
                    I find Romanian a very interesting language.
                    Either the slavic influence was far more prevalent in the last 1000 years than many would care to admit or else the slavic element existed prior to the Roman influence.
                    Risto the Great
                    MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                    "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Onur
                      • Apr 2010

Originally posted by osiris View Post

Did you know that it was the half Cuman Turk and half Vlach dynasty named "Basarab"(it means "ruling father" in Turkish) gained very first independence of Romania?? They also ruled Romania for a long time, i guess `till the Ottoman Empire occupation, not sure on that.
                      Last edited by Onur; 05-16-2010, 09:58 PM.

Comment

• CA_RO
                        • May 2010

Full rights for minorities ensure solid Democratic principles are upheld.

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                        I believe Ancuta is Romanian.
                        I have had many pleasant interactions with Romanians and find them to be very similar to Macedonians.

Welcome Ancuta.

Can you tell us anything about the Macedonian minority in Romania?
                        Thank you for your kind words. I appreciate that.

Yes I am happy to give you an insight into the Macedonian community in Romania.

The Macedonian community in Romania is small with official population close to 800 people. The Macedonian communities are a small but viable and respected community in Romania. They have exhibited their fascinating culture through the shows and cultural performances and it has been a joy to watch.

The Macedonian community are a recognized minority and have full rights as guaranteed by the Law and adhering to European principles and obligations of rights for minorities.

The Macedonian community have their own political party that is for exclusive use for Macedonians. Their political party is registered a member in the Chamber of Deputies which allows Macedonians to have a full and democratic voice to be heard in Romania as they are entitled to under the Law.

The Macedonian political party is named:

Asociaţia Democratica a Macedonenilor din România

Macedonian minority has full rights to vote and to participate in Romanian institutions and the public service i.e. Romanian Parliament, Chamber of Deputies, Senat.

Macedonians in Romania have the right to seek employment and to gain rights from the public service and private service e.g. Drivers License, setting up a business permit.

Macedonians have the right to establish organizations, committees and establish another political party if they wish too.

There are two other Macedonian political parties which are called.

Asociatia Macedonenilor din Romania

Asociaţia Cultura a Macedonenilor din România

I translate from Romanian to English:

1). Association of Macedonians in Romania

2). Association of Macedonian Culture in Romania

Regards

Ancuta

Comment

• julie
                          • May 2009

Thank you Ancuta, how wonderful for the Macedonians to be priveleged with human rights.

A work colleague of mine in Australia told me she was a teacher and taught English in Romania a few years ago. She stayed with a family in her time there and told me she had never experienced such warmth and love, she felt part of the family. She also told me that there was much hardship there for the families and the lifestyle as we know it in Australia is so different, clothes would be hand washed.

The Romanian people have a rich culture, and very welcoming and loving people
                          "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• CA_RO
                            • May 2010

Romania - Economic crisis, reforms and EU Membership.

Originally posted by julie View Post
                            Thank you Ancuta, how wonderful for the Macedonians to be priveleged with human rights.

A work colleague of mine in Australia told me she was a teacher and taught English in Romania a few years ago. She stayed with a family in her time there and told me she had never experienced such warmth and love, she felt part of the family. She also told me that there was much hardship there for the families and the lifestyle as we know it in Australia is so different, clothes would be hand washed.

The Romanian people have a rich culture, and very welcoming and loving people
                            Yes. Thank you for your wonderful comments.

My response: Romania is now in the European Union since 2007 and I feel and a lot of my friends in Romania feel that we are developing fast now that we get 30 billion Euros of EU funds.

The economic crisis has hit Romania hard however the Romanian Government is finding ways for Romania to recover from the crisis and have stronger economic growth.

Before the economic crisis Romania had the fastest growth in the EU hovering around 7.5-8%. Romania attracted very close to 10.00 billion Euros of FDI (Foreign Direct Investment) in a single year.

Romania is expected after the economic crisis has subdued that Romania will recover strong and with strong economic growth of 3.5-4%. Romania is posting stronger industrial growth, the FMGC market is slowly but surely gaining consumer confidence, with the consumer confidence low by European standard terms and its showing erratic movements with increasing confidence at one Q1 then low confidence at Q2.

The Romanian economy is still slow to engage in the growth given the precarious situation in Greece and its sovereign default fears that rattle throughout investors. This has shaken down markets and increased increased premium debts in the PIIGS to increase into dual points which is slowing Romanian recovery.

Since Romania is not part of the Eurozone, Romania will not be as affected when compared to PIIGS if contagion was to take its face.

Romania has to act quickly and continue reforms to ensure debt to GDP% is decreased and to take measures to ensure that revenues increase.

Romania is adhering to an IMF-EU demanded austerity package which so far has been followed in most counts (inflation targets were missed). GDP deficit was increased thank to the agreements with the International Monetary Fund and Romania which will compensate VAT increase.
                            Ratings agencies are among the culprits in Wall Street that have been aggravating market recovery and increasing fear. Which should not happen. These organizations, people and rumors are known as market 'wolves'.

Because of Greek capital is not as big as it is in Bulgaria, Romania has much better chances of faster and safeguarded recovery when compared to Bulgaria. This is no cause for complacency for Romania as I stated before quick and decisive reform will serve Romania a good purpose for stronger recovery albeit still slower but not slow growth. and recovery.

Romania has so far enjoyed the benefits of EU membership thanks to our population (7th biggest in the EU) and our strategic position and our wealth of natural resources and human resources and diversity of education, we have benefited from the EU to a large extent and we still are despite the crisis that is hovering over us at present.

A prime example Romania has absorbed over 80% of EU funds for Romania to join the Schengen Zone. For all 6 reports created by European experts that asseses our preparation for joining the Schengen Zone have all been highly praised. Romania is recognized as being in advanced status of our reforms and development.

We will have finished three months earlier then the deadline and this will give Romania time to complete the finishing touches in order for us to be given the green light to join the Schengen Zone on March 2011. We are virtually there.

Source - 1:

Source - 2:

Even though Romania does have problems we are trying hard to be active and a more influential Member State of the EU.

We have had some and we do have successes during our three years of EU Membership.

* PIIGS/PIGSUK/PIGGS - This is not designed to be taken as an offensive term even though the word is proactive. Please understand this is an economic abbreviation coined by some economists meant to relate to their vulnerability to market variations and contagions affected countries. P - Portgual, I - Ireland, I - Italy, G - Greece - G - The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland S - Spain.
                            Last edited by CA_RO; 05-17-2010, 07:01 AM. Reason: Adding important message

Comment

• Makedonetz
                              • Apr 2010

Bravo to see our macedonians flourish in Romainia and bravo to you brats for allowing us to spread our culture in your beutiful country
                              Makedoncite se borat
                              za svoite pravdini!

"The one who works for joining of Macedonia to Bulgaria,Greece or Serbia can consider himself as a good Bulgarian, Greek or Serb, but not a good Macedonian"
                              - Goce Delchev

Comment

• CA_RO
                                • May 2010

Mesage of appreciation and two (2) minor alterations

Originally posted by Makedonetz View Post
                                Bravo to see our macedonians flourish in Romania and bravo to you brat for allowing us to spread our culture in your beutiful country

Thank you for your kind message. Yes it is important that in Democratic countries like Romania allow a diversity of cultures to flourish and reach their full potential. That is an important integral part of a strong Democracy.

1. *First (1st) Correction*:

I retyped the spelling error of Romania into the correct spelling

2. *Final (2nd) Correction*

I corrected the spelling error from beutiful to beautiful

I like to choose my words very carefully, I am particular in when it comes to people communicating with me whether through media, voice to voice or any other communication device.

Thank you for your understanding Makedonetz

*Note:

Macedonian word: brat

English: brother

Regards

Ancuta
                                Last edited by CA_RO; 05-17-2010, 08:36 AM. Reason: I correct my misunderstanding of the Macedonian language - now corrected

Comment

Working...
                                X