X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • George S.
    • Aug 2009

grease is the word & it means trouble.
    "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
    GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• damian
      Banned
      • Jun 2012

it would be easier just to cannabilize the country and occupy the parts they want instead of continueing with the headaches

Comment

• Zakynthian
        • Jul 2012

This survey sounds like wishfull thinking (if there was any survey in the first place).
        From the Greeks of old whose dying
        brought to life and spirit free
        now with ancient valour rising
        let us hail you, oh Liberty!

(Dionisios Solomos, Hymn to Liberty, 1823)

Comment

• Razer
          Banned
          • May 2012

I don't think this will ever happen. NATO needs Greece strategically.

Comment

• Onur
            • Apr 2010

Originally posted by Zakynthian View Post
            This survey sounds like wishfull thinking (if there was any survey in the first place).
            That survey has been done by one of the most popular US political magazine in the world, named Foreign Policy. Macedonian website is just reporting their article;

The FP Survey: The Future of NATO
            Does the 63-year-old alliance still matter today? We asked politicians, scholars, and other observers from both sides of the Atlantic to weigh in.

http://www.foreignpolicy.com/article..._nato?page=0,1
            According to the survey, 18 out of 59 politicians, scholars, and other observers from Europe and USA thinks that Greece should be booted out from NATO "For its behavior toward Macedonia and Turkey. Due to its boundlessly selfish egotism and disruptive tactics."

Before your possible claim that these people supposedly being Turkish, here is the list of international participants;
            Participants (59): David Aaron, David Abrahams, Rafael Bardaji, Hans Binnendijk, Dirk Brengelmann, Yves Brodeur, Ian Brzezinski, Frances Burwell, Christopher Chivvis, W. Eugene Cobble, Heather Conley, Marios Efthymiopoulos, Charles Freeman, Karsten Friis, Jeremy Ghez, James Goldgeier, Ana Maria Gomes, Ulrike Guerot, Jason Healey, P. Terrence Hopmann, Toomas Hendrik Ilves, James Joyner, Rasa Jukneviciene, Karl Kaiser, Lawrence Kaplan, Sarwar Kashmeri, Sean Kay, Daniel Keohane, Jim Kolbe, Aleksander Kwasniewski, Iurie Leanca, Henrik Liljegren, Julian Lindley-French, Richard Lugar, Jüri Luik, George Maior, Tomas Malmlöf, Sally McNamara, Alessandro Minuto-Rizzo, Shuja Nawaz, Boyko Noev, Clara Marina O'Donnell, Ioan Mircea Pascu, Barry Pavel, J. Peter Pham, Tomas Ries, Matthew Rojansky, Stephen Saideman, Kori Schake, Daniel Serwer, Stanley R. Sloan, John Tanner, Jan Techau, Kenneth Weisbrode, Damon Wilson, Boguslaw Winid, Jörg Wolf, Dov Zakheim, Michael Zilmer-Johns.
            It`s not a wishful thinking but it represents the global opinion towards Greece. Whether Greece gets kicked out or not but this is what people thinks.

Comment

• Zakynthian
              • Jul 2012

@Onur

18 out of 59 makes 30%, thus it does not represent a majority trend but a wishfull thinking of 18 out of 59 participants. the rest does not share the same opinion.

The title of this thread is "Greece to be kicked out of NATO:survey" (I can't remember any NATO summit where this was on the agenda and after all there is no provision within the statute of the NATO) which does not represent the results of the survey which is negotiable, since no method is represented, or if the sampling is following statistical and quantitative keys of the population which is stressed for such issues. Reading the link you posted someone who has had in the past a credit in Quantitative Methods will conclude within seconds that the questions are nominal polytomous with a high level of self-selection bias. This results, Respondents may be motivated to give answers that present themselves in a favorable light. So its not a scientific survey but a ceteris paribus empirical interview of 59 randomly chosen, interviewed persons.
              Even the fact that one out of 59 choose as an answer "Cyprus should be kicked out" shows the (ir)relevance of the sample of the population-target to this issue since Cyprus is a non member, thus complete irrelevant to the "survey". This means he didn't knew the basics of NATO structure but the same time he was asked if someone should be banned from NATO structures. (weird)
              Scientifically this is not a survey. No doubt about it. And no one can change my mind upon this unless someone can prove that 1+1=11. It has no basis. Like many other “surveys” just written to fill media-gaps or to direct public opinion. Me as a scientist reject any of these attempts and thank God I have working brains to outsort trash from good works.

I don't share your claim that FP Magazine is that important.

It was not my intention to conclude that this article interviewed turks, since turkish opinion makers and diplomats know exactly and by far the importance of Greece within NATO (Esref Ugur Yigit cmder of the Turkish naval forces talking to TRT, or Yalcin Kavukcuoglu commander of the Aksaz Naval Base talking to the EUObserver after the share agreement between Turkish and Hellenic naval forces)

Now asking me, what I as a person believe about NATO, imo NATO is an alliance of wolfes like the USA, UK, Canada and lately (post-Libya) France who aim to assure the penetration of weak countries by their multinational companies and control major topics of economic life of these countries. Safety of the member-states ranks last.

NATO is a destabilizing factor who divides the world into the evil ones and to the good fellas. Remember anyone G Bush jr? “You are with us or with the enemy”
              Last edited by Zakynthian; 07-07-2012, 07:24 AM.

Comment

• Zakynthian
                • Jul 2012

After all, this nato stuff is sooooooooo boooooooring. There are 1000 better things to do then becomming stressfull because of NATO and its admirers. its good to get informed for everything but this shouldn't affect your daily life. Football and girls are by far more interesting.

Comment

• fatso
                  • Sep 2008

After all, this nato stuff is sooooooooo boooooooring. There are 1000 better things to do then becomming stressfull because of NATO and its admirers. its good to get informed for everything but this shouldn't affect your daily life. Football and girls are by far more interesting.
                  Onur has his own agenda.

Comment

• Onur
                    • Apr 2010

Originally posted by fatso View Post
                    Onur has his own agenda.
                    Yes, i am determined to let you loose some weight.

Comment

• George S.
                      • Aug 2009

how about that fatso how many gg's are you i'm 120kg i need to lose some for health reasons.I love eating both greek & turkish foods especially kebabs .Seriously whil'st nato might be pissed off with greece they can't just get rid of members & that's all they need some of these nazi regimes to get in to start a war.One thing that has amazed me how many times we expect a sooner than later reaction from nato.
                      People are dying & no action is coming i wouldn't trust them with my life.Blind freddy can tell you that it's not the fucking name moreso greece doesnot want macedonia to expand & enter other spheres of influence that would be the last thing that it wan'ts .But what it wan'ts is a shot at the name with the usual rhetoric similar to the claim of the flag symbols is their claim that the name macedonia belongs solely to them.So they are bluffing macedonia to change their name to weaken macedonias hold on the name.
                      Last edited by George S.; 07-07-2012, 09:52 AM. Reason: ed
                      "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                      GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Zakynthian
                        • Jul 2012

Originally posted by George S. View Post
                        how about that fatso how many gg's are you i'm 120kg i need to lose some for health reasons.I love eating both greek & turkish foods especially kebabs .
                        whats your height?

Comment

• fatso
                          • Sep 2008

whats your height?
                          6' tall 6' wide.....I might be in Zankynthos...you can't miss me I will be in a speedo

Comment

• George S.
                            • Aug 2009

5,8" i should be 74kg.When i was 80 kg i was flying &up & down stairs now i just get puffed up after a couple of stairs.
                            Last edited by George S.; 07-07-2012, 11:32 AM. Reason: ed
                            GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Zakynthian
                              • Jul 2012

Originally posted by fatso View Post
                              6' tall 6' wide.....I might be in Zankynthos...you can't miss me I will be in a speedo
                              no no I won't miss you. i suppose the speedo becomes you a lot

Comment

• Zakynthian
                                • Jul 2012

Originally posted by George S. View Post
                                5,8" i should be 74kg.When i was 80 kg i was flying &up & down stairs now i just get puffed up after a couple of stairs.
                                5,8'' is about 180m?
                                try the parsley diet. eat everything without parsley!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X