Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pelagonija
    • Mar 2017

Vicsinad you mentioned that the Bulgarians kept us down for decades, could you please provide facts, sources and any other measurables?

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Pelagonija View Post
      And yes I have no problems insulting our sell out people......
      You used that silly "Titoist" comment in response to me. Are you suggesting that I am a sellout?
      Hence say they get a free pass.
      Do Albania, Greece and Serbia also get a free pass?
      Vicsinad you mentioned that the Bulgarians kept us down for decades, could you please provide facts, sources and any other measurables?
      The fact that you even have to ask that question demonstrates just how ignorant you are of this particular subject in our history. Which, in itself, wouldn't have been a bad thing had you not prematurely formed the wrong perception which you're now only defending to keep face. Nevertheless, I am going to create a new thread on this very subject, there is a stack of information here on this forum. Such a thread would traditionally be created to refute the assertions of Bulgar chauvinists, but I guess if it helps you learn something it would be of worth also.
      In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Pelagonija
        • Mar 2017

I'm not ignorant to the fact that Bulgarians deny our identity. It just doesn't bother me and In todays Macedonia Bulgarian thinking and actions have no relevance or consequences, that is unless they start behaving like the Greeks and start setting up road blocks. I'm not ignorant to the fact that Macedonians find Bulgarians an easy target of our anger yet we are lenient on our own traitors and the Albanians.

I'm happy to discuss any issue, that is emotions aside and with facts.

Comment

• vicsinad
          • May 2011

Let's start with this from 2012. Just as equivalent to Greece's actions:

Bulgaria has joined Greece in vetoing the opening of EU accession talks with Macedonia, despite a positive recommendation by the European Commission.

Bulgaria vetoes Macedonia’s EU accession talks

Bulgaria has joined Greece in vetoing the opening of EU accession talks with Macedonia, despite a positive recommendation by the European Commission.

Bulgarian President Rossen Plevneliev told EU Enlargement Commissioner Štefan Füle on Wednesday (31 October) that Macedonia is “not ready” to start accession negotiations.

This is the fourth consecutive year that accession talks have been delayed.

Füle visited Bulgaria in a bid to clarify the government's position with respect to Macedonia. Prime Minister Boyko Borissov has accused Skopje of stealing from Bulgaria's history and badmouthing his country (see background).

But Füle got more than explanations and was told that Bulgaria doesn’t see Macedonia as ready to begin accession negotiations.

Füle had invested a lot of his political ambition in trying to unblock the stalemate between Skopje and Athens in the dispute over Macedonia's name, which both countries claim.

The country's internationally recognised name is the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia (FYROM) but Skopje would prefer to be called simply Macedonia, which is also the name of a northern Greek province.

On 10 October, Füle proposed a compromise whereby negotiations would start before a resolution of the name dispute is found. It was the fourth time that the Commission has recommended the start of accession negotiations with Macedonia, and each time the efforts were blocked by Greece.

But this time it appears that some momentum has been introduced by Athens for signing a bilateral memorandum, in which both sides would commit to respecting the other’s national sovereignty and territorial integrity, and renounce any territorial claims.

Carefully prepared statements

The situation looks different today. Plevneliev told Füle in a carefully prepared statement that before expecting any good news from Brussels, Skopje would first have to improve its relations with Bulgaria.

“The authorities in Skopje will unlock their EU perspective not through propaganda and marketing campaigns but through actual reforms and actions for good-neighbourly relations,” Plevneliev was quoted as saying by the website Novinite.

The Bulgarian president pointed out that Sofia does not deny an EU perspective to Macedonia, and in fact supports that, but takes into account the fact that the former Yugoslav republic is not ready to start talks for EU membership.

“Bulgaria cannot grant an EU certificate to the actions of the government in Skopje which is systematically employing an ideology of hate towards Bulgaria,” Plevneliev stated.

“It is strategically important for the long-term stability in the Balkans that the government in Skopje starts applying the European approach towards its neighbours, without claims and manipulations. It is high time that the government in Skopje be done with its anti-Bulgarian campaign, and the manipulation of historical facts. The responsible European approach towards one’s neighbours and the next generation is to preserve history whatever it might be,” Plevneliev added.

Füle reportedly disagreed with Plevneliev, and argued that Macedonia has been waiting for too long for membership in NATO, which Greece has also blocked, and the EU.

“I am one of those people who believe that it is not good to leave our partners waiting before the door for too long. I believe that integration is the best means for coping with nationalism, and I am convinced that isolation boosts nationalism,” Füle was quoted as saying.
          Regardless of whether EU is good for MK or not, Bulgaria has proved to be just as much of a hindrance as Greece. Of course, there's a large chance, based on your comments, that you'll find yourself agreeing with Bulgaria's official reasoning for block Macedonia...

Comment

• Phoenix
            • Dec 2008

...Bulgarian thinking and actions have no relevance or consequences...
            You're completely underestimating the leverage power that pissant nations wield within the EU and NATO when it comes to their veto powers over neighbours seeking membership into those organisations

...that is unless they start behaving like the Greeks and start setting up road blocks...
            I think we've already seen evidence of the bulgars turning the screws on Macedonia...I expect that will continue but for the moment, the greeks are doing most of the blackmailing

Comment

• vicsinad
              • May 2011

Then they have the audacity to say this just a few years later, acting like they are Macedonia's best friend:

Bulgaria has always supported Macedonia in a very sincere way both for EU and NATO membership, and has always extended a helpful hand along this process’ stated PES President Sergei Stanishev at a press conference on the 2015 European Parliament resolution on Macedonia
              'Bulgaria has always supported Macedonia in a very sincere way both for EU and NATO membership, and has always extended a helpful hand along this process' stated PES President Sergei Stanishev at a press conference on the 2015 European Parliament resolution on Macedonia, organized by the European Parliament Information office in Sofia, Bulgaria. MEPs Andrey

One year block Macedonia; they next say they are Macedonia's best friend.

Greece wants us to cede on our identity and name and Bulgaria on our identity and history, and they will use any tool to achieve that.

Comment

• Pelagonija
                • Mar 2017

Good thank you for presenting this fact... I honestly wasn't aware that Bulgaria vetoed Macedonia accession talks.. I've never really read into EU process as I am against ROM joining the EU.

Overall a farked up thing to do.
                Last edited by Pelagonija; 05-31-2017, 05:37 AM.

Comment

• vicsinad
                  • May 2011

No problem. There are plenty from history -- 19th, 20th and 21st century. Hopefully SoM's thread will eventually shed more light on the Macedonian and Bulgarian conflict.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                    • Sep 2008

I'm not ignorant to the fact that Bulgarians deny our identity. It just doesn't bother me.....
                    Their denial doesn't preoccupy my life either, but when they (and by they, I include any and all enemies, including some of our own people) go out of their way and use lies to negatively impact the lives of our people and the image of our fatherland in front of the international community, then I cannot stay quiet and say it doesn't bother me, because I have too much self-respect.
                    I'm not ignorant to the fact that Macedonians find Bulgarians an easy target of our anger yet we are lenient on our own traitors and the Albanians.
                    That means nothing here because nobody on this forum fits into that category, so by saying this here, all you're doing is trivialising the damage that our enemies have caused to Macedonians. And before you misinterpret that statement, know that I don't consider every Bulgar (or Albanian for that matter) as an enemy.
                    In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                      Give some real examples of how people in Bulgaria and Romania have prospered as a consequence of joining the EU.
                      Here's one, lol.

Nation is latest in eastern Europe to claim food firms deliberately supply lower-quality food than they give western nations

Multinationals fobbing us off with inferior food, says Bulgarian minister

30 May 17

Bulgaria has become the latest eastern European state to accuse multinationals of selling food of a lower quality in their country than in the west, and has launched a pan-European taste-test to prove its case. The country’s minister for agriculture, food and forestry, Rumen Porozhanov, said experts had been sent to buy well-known food and drink products in western supermarkets. “Next week, we will buy identical products that are sold on the Bulgarian market by the big chains and then the analysis will start,” he added. It is claimed that major food companies are using poorer-quality ingredients in products sold in central and eastern Europe than in Germany, Austria and the UK, among others. The newly elected Bulgarian prime minister, Boyko Borissov, appeared to attribute the alleged differences in quality to the legacy of the cold war, in comments following a special sitting of the Bulgarian cabinet. “This is unacceptable and insulting,” he told reporters on announcing a review. “Maybe this is a remnant of apartheid – for some, food should be of higher quality, and for others, in Eastern Europe, of lower quality.”

Included in the analysis being undertaken by the Bulgarian food safety agency are popular chocolate, dairy and meat products, non-alcoholic beverages, juices and baby foods. Bulgaria’s ombudsman, Maya Manolova, has also reportedly approached Věra Jourová – the European commissioner for justice, consumers and gender equality – about the issue. It is unclear what evidence Bulgaria has for its claims. When asked for an explanation, a spokesman for the Bulgarian food safety agency said: “Actually, we are still collecting samples to conduct the research. We cannot declare results right now. Now our experts are sampling..” He said the results of the research would not be available until 30 June. The complaint, however, follows similar allegations from the governments of the Czech Republic, Hungary and Slovakia. All four countries are members of the European Union. Hungary’s food safety authority claimed in February to have discovered that Nutella sold in Hungarian supermarkets is not as mellow as the brand in Austria, for example. The spread’s Italian maker, Ferrero, has strongly denied there is any difference in quality. A study published by the Slovakian government in April alleged that the main differences in various products were related to:

- The proportion of fats.
                      - The different content of meat.
                      - The addition of artificial sweeteners instead of natural sweeteners.
                      - The substitution of colouring and artificial fruit aroma for real fruit.

When ordering a review in his country, the Czech agriculture minister Marian Jurečka claimed: “Where some products are concerned, we have turned into Europe’s garbage can.” The suspicion that products sold in eastern Europe are inferior to those in the supermarkets in the west has long had a firm hold in the public imagination in the Visegrád group countries (the Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland and Slovakia). And the suspicion has been one of the weapons used by the Hungarian government led by Viktor Orbán to attack Brussels. The latest flurry of accusations builds on complaints first made in 2011 by the Slovak association of consumers. The European commission has largely dismissed the complaints, noting that multinational companies are free to adapt their products to different markets as long as EU laws on labelling and safety are respected.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                        • Sep 2008

That's fair enough.
                        You have the powerhouse overlords of the EU, then you have the shithouse of the EU.

It's only fair the shithouse of the EU gets the scraps from their overlords.
                        Risto the Great
                        MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                        "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                          It's only fair the shithouse of the EU gets the scraps from their overlords.
                          Reminds me of the below at the 33 second mark (in fact, it reminds me of the current state Macedonia is in):

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

• DraganOfStip
                            • Aug 2011

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
                            That is one of only a handful of movies that I never get bored of, no matter how many times i watch it.
                            Even with all of it's historical inaccuracies it is still an epic film. Love it.
                            ”A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims... but accomplices”
                            ― George Orwell

Comment

• Karposh
                              • Aug 2015

Originally posted by DraganOfStip View Post
                              That is one of only a handful of movies that I never get bored of, no matter how many times i watch it.
                              Even with all of it's historical inaccuracies it is still an epic film. Love it.
                              I agree, best film ever. No matter how many times I watch it, certain scenes in the movie still get me all fired up. So much so, that I just want to grab a weapon, jump through the TV screen and join the Scotts in their fight against the English. He’s really good at this sort of stuff, old Mel. The ability to get the audience to empathise with the characters he is portraying on screen. In fact, I think the reason why I love this movie so much is because I see many parallels in the movie between Macedonia’s struggles against the Turks and those of Scotland’s against the English. The same apathetic attitude towards achieving freedom was on display in the Scotts as well until it reached the point of no return and then the whole country united as one. It’s a shame Mel Gibson didn’t go ahead with his intended Alexander project where plans were afoot to film a $200 million, 10-hour, mini-series about Alexander the Great. I have a feeling that, with Mel Gibson at the helm, this would have been a production of epic proportions.

Coincidently, for some strange reason, an Alexander craze was in the air in the early 2000’s and three other directors were also planning Alexander movies of their own including Baz Luhrmann, Ridley Scott and, of course, Oliver Stone. Having beaten everyone to the punch, Oliver Stone’s Alexander took the wind out of the others’ sails and, unfortunately, they all fizzled out of contention. Still, you can’t blame me for wondering what crazy Mel would’ve come up with in his version of Alexander. Surely, anything would have been better than Stone’s pathetic effort.

Here The Age article from 2002 on Mel Gibson’s Alexander project: http://www.theage.com.au/articles/20...982695550.html

Comment

• Niko777
                                • Oct 2010

When Zaev took over the PM's office today, the media was allowed for the first time to record inside the newly renovated government building. People were shocked at the amount of luxury that DPMNE was spending on inside the offices.

New portraits on past Prime Ministers

Comment

Working...
                                X