Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gocka
    • Dec 2012

Whats being reported on Syria is horrific, and North Korea should have been dealt with at any point in the last 40 years. If there has ever been a case where the US should use its military abroad, its in North Korea.

I don't think they will take action in either case, because in both cases you have China or Russia basically on the other side, and I doubt even Trump is crazy enough to take action unilaterally.

I think he is reacting to media criticism that he needed to react somehow.

Originally posted by vicsinad View Post
    Earlier this week, US officials implied with their same rhetoric about taking military action against N. Korea. Today, Trump indicated he will take military action in Syria against Assad:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/06/politi...syria-options/

Comment

• vicsinad
      • May 2011

USA just bombed Syrian govt.

The United States launched a military strike Thursday on a Syrian government airbase in response to a chemical weapons attack that killed dozens of civilians earlier in the week.

Comment

• Risto the Great
        • Sep 2008

Huge news.
        I better fill up my tank today.
        Risto the Great
        MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
        "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Gocka
          • Dec 2012

It's not a big deal. It was a symbolic move so Trump can say he wasn't scared to act. They warned the Russians before they did it, and only a few Syrian soldiers were killed.

It did nothing to change the balance of power or really impact Syria's capabilities.

Comment

• vicsinad
            • May 2011

Well, I won't write off the significance this will have for Russian/US relations as well as for what will change in Syria in the next few weeks. Trump administration might have had a specific ulterior intent, but the likely consequences have likely not been thoroughly planned for. And that's the problem with the trump administration -- not why he does the things he does, because we know he is a buffoon who is all over the map depending on the day and his mood, but rather the fallout and implications of his actions.

Comment

• Gocka
              • Dec 2012

Who knows what it means. If Trump is really in Putin's pocket then presumably it means nothing and won't change anything.

If you really want to be a cynic you could say this was a ruse between Trump and Putin to prove that he will go against Russia if he has to.

I actually have a hard time believing that Assad used chemical weapons. I just don't see the point. Assad isn't stupid, he didn't hold onto power all this time by being stupid. What did he have to gain by killing less than a 100 people in a manner that he knew would draw attention? If he wanted to kill people regular bombs work just fine, why even bother with chemical weapons? Then there is the reaction by the west, as if being shot or being blown to bits is any better than being poisoned.

The whole thing just doesn't make any sense. Unless they did it intentionally to get a response and see to what extent the US would react.

As for the long term implications, I don't foresee any. Obama wanted to do the same exact thing but congress wouldn't okay it, Trump did it with out their approval. The only way I can see this escalating is if Assad and Russia mock the US and Trump, and go ahead and do something provocative. Knowing Trump, I don't think he'd back down in that scenario.

Well, I won't write off the significance this will have for Russian/US relations as well as for what will change in Syria in the next few weeks. Trump administration might have had a specific ulterior intent, but the likely consequences have likely not been thoroughly planned for. And that's the problem with the trump administration -- not why he does the things he does, because we know he is a buffoon who is all over the map depending on the day and his mood, but rather the fallout and implications of his actions.

Comment

• vicsinad
                • May 2011

Well, you're right -- the whole thing doesn't make much sense, which is why I think it is a big deal.

Comment

• Gocka
                  • Dec 2012

LOL that's sound logic.

Well, you're right -- the whole thing doesn't make much sense, which is why I think it is a big deal.
                  There are reports that Syrian jets took off from the bombed air base a few hours after the bombings. If thats true then the whole thing is that much more confusing. They launched 59 missiles for god's sake

Comment

• vicsinad
                    • May 2011

Trump has set a new bar for the level of logic needed in any sort of discussion. I'm just following in our leader's wake

True. I also wonder if it's a change in policy from behind the scenes. Reading reports that Bannon and potentially Priebus are being demoted and that Kushner is becoming more involved.

Comment

• Vangelovski
                      • Sep 2008

Continued from this thread: http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum...092#post169092
                      Originally posted by Gocka View Post
                      In the USA Donald Trump stands for a lot of what wrong with American society, ignorant, arrogant, blowhard, racist, xenophobic, uneducated, impolite, faithless, without morality, worships fame and money, selfishness, stubbornness, and a host of other negative qualities and attitudes. Its like you took the worst of America and put it in one fat orange old man. By having Trump, and thus all those negative traits, out there, in your face, in the open, and seeing how destructive, and frankly unpleasant those qualities are, one can only hope it helps harden the resolve and raise the voice of the exact opposite. Hopefully people who are , decent, moral, compassionate, selfless and just overall good, realize that there is a need, more than ever to seek out other like minded decent people and band together against what is the worst of society. It should and already has, awoken a normally quiet class of good people.
                      I don't really support Trump and there were much better Republican candidates that I would have liked to see as President, but he's not that bad. Definitely nowhere near as bad as Clinton or Obama as far as I'm concerned.

Besides, according to these videos he has a soft spot for Macedonia and its traditions:

If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Phoenix
                        • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Vangelovski View Post
                        I don't really support Trump and there were much better Republican candidates that I would have liked to see as President, but he's not that bad. Definitely nowhere near as bad as Clinton or Obama as far as I'm concerned.

Besides, according to these videos he has a soft spot for Macedonia and its traditions:

https://www.facebook.com/MKAUSPRIDE/...4803502590975/
                        Sadly, there are Macedonians who believe that those Fb posts are 'real'...

Comment

• Gocka
                          • Dec 2012

I can't stand the sight of him nor his illiterate voice and it has absolutely nothing to do with his purported political stances, many of which I don't disagree with. Its the man himself that I have a problem with.

Macedonians here in NJ are completely obsessed with him. What is it with Macedonians and authoritarian types.

I'm convinced if a Donald Trump type ran in Macedonia, he would win in a land slide.

Originally posted by Vangelovski View Post

https://www.facebook.com/MKAUSPRIDE/...4803502590975/

Comment

• Phoenix
                            • Dec 2008

I can't stand the sight of him nor his illiterate voice and it has absolutely nothing to do with his purported political stances, many of which I don't disagree with. Its the man himself that I have a problem with.
                            C'mon mate, look beyond the exterior and into the eyes of the man and into his soul, put aside you prejudices and bias and judge him by his deeds...Trump is the best leader America has had...he's EXACTLY the leader Americans deserve!

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                              • Sep 2008

Would you rather somebody you like as a person but who has policies you don't support?
                              In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Gocka
                                • Dec 2012

You left out when I said his purported stances, I don't believe he has enough brain cells to even comprehend half of the things that come out of his mouth. He is a buffoon who gets distracted by shinny objects, and yes he is exactly the leader Americans deserve. Americans will learn why its not cool to be a loud mouthed ignoramus, which many Americans have prided themselves on being. Maybe after this debacle they can learn to put a little more faith in the nerd who doesn't talk so well but actually knows things.

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
                                Would you rather somebody you like as a person but who has policies you don't support?

Comment

Working...
                                X