Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dimko-piperkata
    • Sep 2008

Greek Media: While We Struggle to Make Ends Meet, Macedonia Has Paid Its Debt

While Athens is struggling to make ends meet with its empty budget and is most likely preparing for a new loan from international creditors, Macedonia has paid off its debts, 13 months in advance, Telegraf.mk reads.
    This conclusion was announced Tuesday by Greek media, in reports related to the early payment of the debt Macedonia had towards the International Monetary Fund, citing at the same time the statement of the IMF chief, Christine Lagarde.
    "I salute the decision of the country to pay its remaining commitments to the Fund before due time, which is reflecting the improved approach of the international capital markets. We eagerly expect to continue the close and constructive dialogue with the Macedonian authorities," Lagarde said.
    Greek media add that the payment of Macedonia's last installment of the precautionary credit line, in the amount of USD 174 million, has been transferred in the end of February, i.e. 13 months before the deadline in March 2016.
    http://www.independent.mk/articles/1...+Paid+Its+Debt
    1) Macedonians belong to the "older" Mediterranean substratum...
    2) Macedonians are not related with geographically close Greeks, who do not belong to the "older" Mediterranenan substratum...
  • kompir
    • Jan 2015

What about the debt associated with running a budget deficit every year since independance?
    Доста бе Вегето една, во секоја манџа се мешаш

Comment

• George S.
      • Aug 2009

they can allways rip off the eu and make up for it by austerity measures.
      "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
      GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

Working...
      X