• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DedoAleko
    • Jun 2009

No eU enlargment the next 5 years

they didn't even bother to mention Macedonia aka fyrom

Hahn: No partner will join the EU in the next 5 years

In his confirmation hearing at the European Parliament in Brussels on Tuesday, Austrian Commissioner-designate for European Neighbourhood Policy and Enlargment Negotiations Johannes Hahn said that the next 5 years won't see a new country joining the EU.

“That doesn't mean a standstill in our activities, quite the opposite. My roll will be to help prepare those countries who want to joined the EU ensuring that all the criteria are fully met.” Hahn said.

Hahn is the former European Commissioner for Regional Policy.

izvor & video: http://www.euractiv.com/video/hahn-n...5-years-308847
  • sydney
    • Sep 2008

As the oldies say 'taka e pishano'

Comment

• Nikolaj
      • Aug 2014

Good, maybe now Macedonia can focus on more important things.

However, considering Macedonia has already met the criteria I think there would be an exception.

Comment

• DedoAleko
        • Jun 2009

Originally posted by Nikolaj View Post
        ...However, considering Macedonia has already met the criteria I think there would be an exception.
        I highly doubt that. "Meeting the criteria" is also a tool the union has to keep countries like Macedonia in limbo.
        Country can struggle to "meet the eu criteria" to infinity and beyond.

Comment

• Big Bad Sven
          • Jan 2009

Great news! It means the smaller countries outside the EU wont be slaves any time soon to America and England, or they wont constantly pressured to make 'changes' and 'concession' to try get into a satanic club that:

a) Secretly does not want them in
          b) vies these 'poorer' countries as subhumans (notice the english see polish/romanian/bulgarians lower then pakis, arabs and africans lol so much for EU unity)
          c) will use these countries as cheap labor and canon fodder.

HOPEFULLY EU MEMBERSHIP IS CLOSED FOREVER!

Comment

• spitfire
            Banned
            • Aug 2014

That can prove to be good news. Why? Because maybe in 5 years the German hegemonism might not be there. Or maybe the E.U. won't be there.

Comment

• Redsun
              • Jul 2013

This is great news.

For sometime now, I have read so many comments about Gruevski's despicable behavior and actions in his attempt to achieve EU membership.

What is Gruevski going to do in the next five years?

Comment

• George S.
                • Aug 2009

considering what eu membership has done for other countries you wonder why bother.
                "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• makedonche
                  • Oct 2008

Originally posted by DedoAleko View Post
                  I highly doubt that. "Meeting the criteria" is also a tool the union has to keep countries like Macedonia in limbo.
                  Country can struggle to "meet the eu criteria" to infinity and beyond.
                  Dedo Aleko

Spot on!......and if that's not enough I'm sure they will come up with new criteria within 5 years!
                  On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• spitfire
                    Banned
                    • Aug 2014

E.U. membership is not a prize. It's a trap even for wealthy countries. Maintain independence at all costs.
                    If however this happens, avoid the euro currency, if there is a way left to avoid it anymore by entering.
                    You will at least have the liberty to regulate your economy on your own and not some central bank which you can't control.
                    Last edited by spitfire; 12-04-2014, 04:02 AM.

Comment

• George S.
                      • Aug 2009

Not only do they suffer independence but their soveregnity is trampled upon.As well as the eu looking to take away their resources.Some countries originally beleived that its for the better but later change their mind as soon as they understand the real workings of the eu.Apart from tourism ,what has the greek govt got to offer the eu debts and deficits??People on pensions and tax avoidence ?So spitfire when will greece repay the 300 billion it Stole from the eu (borrowed).
                      Last edited by George S.; 12-04-2014, 04:46 AM.
                      "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                      GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• spitfire
                        Banned
                        • Aug 2014

Originally posted by George S. View Post
                        Not only do they suffer independence but their soveregnity is trampled upon.As well as the eu looking to take away their resources.Some countries originally beleived that its for the better but later change their mind as soon as they understand the real workings of the eu.Apart from tourism ,what has the greek govt got to offer the eu debts and deficits??People on pensions and tax avoidence ?So spitfire when will greece repay the 300 billion it Stole from the eu (borrowed).
                        It's 360 billions and it's not a debt to the E.U. but divided among many as with every other country in the world.

You are asking me when is this going to be paid back? The idea is to sustain the debt into a vital level. What paying back? According to the program this will happen somewhere in 2040, or more.

This means that a country is bonded into a debt, in a union that others decide about it. Not difficult to understand how freedom is undermined through this.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Nikolaj View Post
                          However, considering Macedonia has already met the criteria I think there would be an exception.
                          I didn't read about any exceptions to the 5 year moratorium. Many Macedonians suffer a similar delusion in thinking they will receive some kind of special treatment due to their generations of suffering and the pity they supposedly deserve to receive. I am positive Gruevski will be happy to hear your interpretation and hope it echoes everyone else.
                          Risto the Great
                          MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                          "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• makedonche
                            • Oct 2008

Originally posted by spitfire View Post
                            It's 360 billions and it's not a debt to the E.U. but divided among many as with every other country in the world.

You are asking me when is this going to be paid back? The idea is to sustain the debt into a vital level. What paying back? According to the program this will happen somewhere in 2040, or more.

This means that a country is bonded into a debt, in a union that others decide about it. Not difficult to understand how freedom is undermined through this.
                            Spitfire
                            Not difficult to understand at all, you still own your arse, it's just that your masters can cum along and do what they like with it whenever they like!
                            On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• spitfire
                              Banned
                              • Aug 2014

Originally posted by makedonche View Post
                              Spitfire
                              Not difficult to understand at all, you still own your arse, it's just that your masters can cum along and do what they like with it whenever they like!
                              Actually we don't owe our arse. That's very simplistic. The debt is not much compared to other countries.
                              It's the sustainability of the debt that is under question and what this program is supposed to be for.

To make it understandable. Greece's debt corresponds to 170% of its GDP. This means that all the money it can make in one year (the 100% of the GDP) and 70% of the money in the second year (the rest of the debt) is what it owes.
                              So in order to be able to pay for the ever growing debt there has to be a way to sustain the the flowing of cash that go to the paying of the debt, mainly the interests from the debt.
                              This means that it has to cut back a lot from the people.
                              It is however a Vicious circle situation, as the debt increases and Greece cuts back more and more.

Now, why is this a vicious circle? Because Greece, having the euro currency, it cannot devaluate it in order to be more competitive and have the chance to make more money. Nobody can, because it is a matter of the central bank of europe which is run by the germans, hence the Germans are the boss.

When Greece entered the Eurozone (2002) and made euro its currency, the value of the euro corresponded into 0,87 dollars. 12 years later the euro corresponds to 1,3 or more dollars.
                              This means that all countries have to be more competitive, but this rate of euro means that only the very strong countries can be competitive in reality, like Germany.

This has resulted into a situtation where a country, in order to keep up with that policy is giving away everything.
                              And this is what any country that wants to enter the E.U. should avoid.
                              Or avoid the E.U. altogether, which is a better idea overall.

Comment

Working...
                              X