• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • spitfire
    Banned
    • Aug 2014

Originally posted by Philosopher View Post
    The ancient Macedonian government used Koine.
    Κοινή Ελληνική is what is called. Meaning common Greek. It's a good effort to make it sound being something else, but it's not.
    Most of you don't know what that means. You don't even pronounce it properly.
    It's probably the same miscomprehention with Katharevousa and Dimotiki.

You sound moronic when you do that.

Comment

• Philosopher
      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by spitfire View Post
      Κοινή Ελληνική is what is called. Meaning common Greek. It's a good effort to make it sound being something else, but it's not.
      Most of you don't know what that means. You don't even pronounce it properly.
      It's probably the same miscomprehention with Katharevousa and Dimotiki.

You sound moronic when you do that.
      Well, considering I know what Koine is and how it is pronounced, and that for a very long time, I would have to conclude, that, if anyone sounds moronic in this thread, it would be you Spitfire.

You just keep carrying that excellency from thread to thread to thread.
      Last edited by Philosopher; 11-17-2014, 01:07 PM.

Comment

• spitfire
        Banned
        • Aug 2014

Well, considering I know what Koine is and how it is pronounced, and that for a very long time, I would have to conclude, that, if anyone sounds moronic in this thread, it would be you Spitfire.

You just keeping carrying that excellency from thread to thread to thread.
        Well it turns out that you don't know. Or you are deliberately avoiding the complete term. Which is rather interesting given that you declare being aware of it.

Actually, you think you know. You can't unless you speak greek. In which case you wouldn't use half the term.

Comment

• Philosopher
          • Sep 2008

Well it turns out that you don't know. Or you are deliberately avoiding the complete term. Which is rather interesting given that you declare being aware of it.

Actually, you think you know. You can't unless you speak greek. In which case you wouldn't use half the term.
          Spitfire, no person on this thread, with any sense of knowledge or integrity, denies that Koine is Greek.

Comment

• spitfire
            Banned
            • Aug 2014

Spitfire, no person on this thread, with any sense of knowledge or integrity, denies that Koine is Greek.
            That's good to know. I take it that all persons with a sense of knowledge and integrity understands that Greek is the same language regardless of era.

Comment

• Philosopher
              • Sep 2008

That's good to know. I take it that all persons with a sense of knowledge and integrity understands that Greek is the same language regardless of era.
              We are specifically discussing Koine Greek, not individual dialects.

Comment

• Amphipolis
                Banned
                • Aug 2014

The ancient Macedonian government used Koine.
                Koine was probably formed a century later, AFTER Alexander's conquests. I don't think there are saved documents of the Macedonian Court.

Thank God, Risto Stefov is not around.

Comment

• Philosopher
                  • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Amphipolis View Post
                  Koine was probably formed a century later, AFTER Alexander's conquests. I don't think there are saved documents of the Macedonian Court.
                  Not according to Wikipedia (a terrible source, I know):

It developed through the spread of Greek following the conquests of Alexander the Great in the 4th century BC, and served as the common lingua franca of much of the Mediterranean region and the Middle East during the following centuries.

Koine Greek arose as a common dialect within the armies of Alexander the Great.[7] Under the leadership of Macedon, their newly formed common dialect was spoken from Egypt to Mesopotamia.
                  This appears to be about right.

Thank God, Risto Stefov is not around.
                  From memory, I think there is a misunderstanding. Risto understands Koine is Greek, but he is arguing that Koine was also the lingua franca of the Mediterranean, and it was used by both Greeks and non-Greeks.

Look at the New Testament, for example.

Comment

• Nikolaj
                    • Aug 2014

From memory, I think there is a misunderstanding. Risto understands Koine is Greek, but he is arguing that Koine was also the lingua franca of the Mediterranean, and it was used by both Greeks and non-Greeks..
                    This is exactly what he was doing in his justification that it doesn't mean they were Greek because they spoke Koine Greek. He was not trying to label it as a non-Greek language merely explain its use.

Comment

• Constellation
                      • Jul 2014

Originally posted by Amphipolis View Post
                      Borza (for instance) agreed with her. You should start making a list of scientists (historians or archaeologists) who disagree with her.
                      Do you agree with her?

Comment

• Stojacanec
                        • Dec 2009

Originally posted by SoutherNeighbour View Post
                        lol...I think you are setting the bar high by thinking that you actually negotiate with Greece.

In other news widespread media reports in Greece again by Dr.King and a Cypriot prof. who both claim that the skeleton belongs to Hephaestion.Currently this is what is receiving the most publicity in Greece as a hypothesis.
                        I am not setting the bar high SN. If I can quote you from the Australian photographer Alex Cherney regarding the 12 Apostles:

That’s fine to make a mistake, but coming up with an excuse or an explanation like that is funny,” he told the Australian Broadcasting Corporation. - See more at: http://macedoniaonline.eu/content/vi....b8ceFMl7.dpuf

Mr Cherney's concerns can be applied to many concoctions greeks come up with nowadays.

Comment

• SoutherNeighbour
                          • Aug 2014

Have you seen this video?

Επιτέλους! Το μνημείο της Αμφίπολης αποκάλυψε το μεγάλο του μυστικό!Δείτε το μνημείο και με τους τρεις θαλάμους στην σημερινή του μόρφη!Ελπίζουμε η ταυτότητα...

Comment

• George S.
                            • Aug 2009

for some reason i can't open this video SN.
                            "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                            GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Amphipolis
                              Banned
                              • Aug 2014

A drawing of the burial chamber by... Makis (a member of a Greek forum called phorum.gr).

Comment

• Amphipolis
                                Banned
                                • Aug 2014

LOL, and a satirical video mixing the official excavation video with some... unexpected findings.

http://syntexnia.net/?p=970Με αφορμή το εκατοστό τεσσαρακοστό χιλιοστό χτύπημα (ή αλλιώς “140.000 views”) του “πραγματικού βίντεο της ανασκαφής της Αμφίπολης...

==
                                Last edited by Amphipolis; 11-19-2014, 01:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X