• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SoutherNeighbour
    • Aug 2014

New press release today from Greece's culture ministry

They found 2 Caryatids .Some amazing pics in the link
    Last edited by SoutherNeighbour; 09-07-2014, 06:34 AM.

Comment

• SoutherNeighbour
      • Aug 2014

Originally posted by Philosopher View Post
      The difference between you two, however, is that you are from Athens, and the Athenians and southern Greeks are less dogmatic about this issue, whereas our friend Poligiros is from Aegean Macedonia, where the name issue is more pronounced.

Everywhere where nationalists or ''patriots'' exist in Greece the name issue is pronounced.You can find Athenians getting huge tantrums over it or people from Northern Greece not giving a shit. It depends on the person.

Comment

• SoutherNeighbour
        • Aug 2014

Here are some pics of the Caryatids

Last edited by SoutherNeighbour; 09-07-2014, 06:23 AM.

Comment

• SoutherNeighbour
          • Aug 2014

Media in Greece are hinting ''relationship with Athens'' since the Caryatids are only found in Southern Greece (until yesterday that is). You can understand where they are going with it...

Comment

• Phoenix
            • Dec 2008

Originally posted by SoutherNeighbour View Post
            Media in Greece are hinting ''relationship with Athens'' since the Caryatids are only found in Southern Greece (until yesterday that is). You can understand where they are going with it...
            On the contrary...if this "relationship with Athens" was so 'strong', how come caryatids haven't been found in large numbers across all of Aegean Macedonia?

Comment

• SoutherNeighbour
              • Aug 2014

yeah I am just saying how the Greek media are twisting it.They are loving what ever conforms with the Greek narrative.

Comment

• George S.
                • Aug 2009

sn you are spot on as the media is in tandem with the greek govt.The govt says jump and the media says how high.?
                "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• lavce pelagonski
                  • Nov 2009

Im watching the ABC and down the bottom one of the headlines it said " A stunning Alexander-era tomb found". They did not mention where.
                  Стравот на Атина од овој Македонец одел до таму што го нарекле „Страшниот Чакаларов“ „гркоубиец“ и „крвожеден комитаџија“.

„Ако знам дека тука тече една капка грчка крв, јас сега би ја отсекол целата рака и би ја фрлил в море.“ Васил Чакаларов

Comment

• George S.
                    • Aug 2009

The media has a lot to rxplain what they mean.They are cofused by many issues.
                    "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                    GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Philosopher
                      • Sep 2008

Everywhere where nationalists or ''patriots'' exist in Greece the name issue is pronounced.You can find Athenians getting huge tantrums over it or people from Northern Greece not giving a shit. It depends on the person.
                      I do not disagree with what you wrote. What I meant to convey was that "generally" speaking, southern Greeks are less dogmatic about this issue. From what I recall, and it has been years, a member of this forum called "Spartan" expressed this also, and he is a southern Greek.

But you are right--there are fanatics to be found in all of Greece.

Comment

• SoutherNeighbour
                        • Aug 2014

Originally posted by Philosopher View Post
                        I do not disagree with what you wrote. What I meant to convey was that "generally" speaking, southern Greeks are less dogmatic about this issue. From what I recall, and it has been years, a member of this forum called "Spartan" expressed this also, and he is a southern Greek.

But you are right--there are fanatics to be found in all of Greece.

I guess generally speaking yes southerners are less dogmatic but trust me ,you can find weirdos over the Macedonia issue everywhere in Greece.

When I was in school in Athens I remember they had us sing bullshit Macedonia songs in national holidays.I wont forget how they made us learn ''Makedonia Xakousti'' by heart and I am not that old ( 32yo).So I wont be surprised if they still have kids in Greek schools indoctrinated with this crap.

Comment

• spitfire
                          Banned
                          • Aug 2014

''Makedonia Xakousti''
                          Catchy tune to that song. It is also one of the marches that melodies in parades.

Comment

• SoutherNeighbour
                            • Aug 2014

I freak out every time i recall myself singing it at age 10-11.

Comment

• spitfire
                              Banned
                              • Aug 2014

I think it is sang in national holidays in schools still. But this became a fashion in the early 90's. I don't remember it when I was going to school.

It is however very catchy. That comes from someone who enjoys listening even his "worst enemy's" catchy tune songs.

Comment

• SoutherNeighbour
                                • Aug 2014

Ok yeah the tune is nice but the words are propaganda.It's like the epitome of Greek propaganda on the Macedonia issue.

Comment

Working...
                                X