• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • spitfire
    Banned
    • Aug 2014

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
    This only makes sense to Greeks Spitfire. Honestly. Only them. It could almost be classified as a mental condition.
    The mental condition you describe applies only to those who can't see that macedonia through the ages has had many cultures.
    And to be honest, a product of macedonia doesn't have to prove through futile lineage anything, because macedonian identity
    (archaic or not) applies to all in that area.

Now back to that... makedonsko devojce, Kaili. Reading through the statements of some members for their intentions with Kaili, I would like to give them some clue.

See? Even that agrees with what I said.

Comment

• spitfire
      Banned
      • Aug 2014

Originally posted by Philosopher View Post
      I can answer that question Spitfire. I recall reading something on the web from a Greek stating, among other stupid things, "where there is Slavic, there is beauty". Not sure what this means, but he directed this statement to northern Greeks. The way I see it, however, northern Greeks are more attractive than other Greeks, and in particular, Cypriot Greeks, that's for sure.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

So the million dollar question is, why are Greek Cypriots so ugly?
      I can explain both the statement and the Cypriots.
      I don't know about you but beauty isn't ony skin deep. Is that picture from Ayia Napa in Cyprus? Which ones are cypriot girls? They look very different one from the other and this is an instant not very flattering.

The statement of the greek member is a soccer fan statement. There is a viral fighting between Athens and Thessaloniki about many things, including souvlaki and bougatsa.
      Nothing to be taken serious or something worth mentioning about.

Comment

• Redsun
        • Jul 2013

Originally posted by spitfire View Post
        Oh excuse me. Kaili said she is from macedonia, therefore this doesn't mean that she meant that she is macedonian according to you.

What is it you don't understand? Her citizenship is Greek, her nationality is greek and she is macedonian. What's so hard to figure out?

About the invasion part, when this concerns wars, it is not an invasion. That's another misunderstanding that you usally promote.
        It was not an "invasion" because there was no country that was called macedonia. It was the balkan wars against the Ottoman empire and Bulgaria.
        What invasion?

Spitfire - What is it you don't understand? Her citizenship is Greek, her nationality is greek and she is macedonian. What's so hard to figure out?

How many times are you going to avoid this Spitfire?

Can you please explain, why you believe she is "Macedonian." Remember post# 174

Spitfire post# 174 According to the law you have greek nationality if one of your parents is greek.

Do you agree with your law? Neither of her parents are Macedonian. You said she has claim to be Macedonian, what claim does she have?

She is a greek.

Spitfire - It was not an "invasion" because there was no country that was called macedonia. It was the balkan wars against the Ottoman empire and Bulgaria.
        What invasion?

Why lie to me Spitfire. You say it was not an invasion because there was no "country" that was called Macedonia. Pretending that you do not understand the meaning of "invasion."

We are talking about the Aegean Macedonia "region" correct...

As you said there was no "country" call Macedonia.

Oxford dictionary. http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/de...glish/invasion

invasion - an instance of invading a country or "region" with an armed force.
        an incursion by a large number of people or things into a place or sphere of activity.
        an unwelcome intrusion into another's domain.

Merriam Webster. http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/invasion

invasion - an act of invading; especially : incursion of an army for conquest or plunder
        the incoming or spread of something usually hurtful

Notice the words region, place, sphere of activity (an "unwelcome" intrusion into "another's" domain). There was no mention of the word country in the definition from Merriam webster.

What about this one...

Free Dictionary. http://www.thefreedictionary.com/invasion

The act of invading, especially the entrance of an armed force into a territory to conquer.
        2. A large-scale onset of something injurious or harmful, such as a disease.
        3. An intrusion or encroachment.

A large scale onset of something injurious or harmful, such as a ""disease""!!!

Can you explain this? At first I thought I miss-typed invasion and ended up getting the definition for infection.

Have a nice day.
        Last edited by Redsun; 12-08-2014, 08:37 PM.

Comment

• Stojacanec
          • Dec 2009

I'm not sure about the spanning prior to 1913. Yes there were refuges that altered the populations but you can't claim that it was altered 100% and you can't claim that since 1913 in this part of the land macedonian culture was abandoned. Actually I like to think it was enriched.

The thing about "our" public is that there are things underlying with the name. Greece doesn't care for anything else than the archaic macedonia and the name dispute has implications on it.
          Both governments in macedonia and greece don't follow my approach. Especially today.
          If you ask me, each part wants macedonia for itself. A rather egotistical approach.
          A more realistic approach would be to understand that macedonia consists of many identities within mutual understandment of those identities. I don't see steps taken into that direction however.
          One one hand you have created limitations to what Macedonia represents due to the Ottoman Empire. And yet on the other hand and in the next sentance you claim greece wants to protect anything archaic to Aegean Maceonia.

To me this is a pretty large discrepancy in pattern of thought for the same region.

Comment

• spitfire
            Banned
            • Aug 2014

Thank you RedSun. Have a nice day too.
            It was a war between balkanic states. I don't remember a state under the name macedonia.
            Don't make it sound as if there was a state invaded. That's my point.

And don't think that the area would become a state if things went the other way. Look at what happened to Romilia.

Comment

• spitfire
              Banned
              • Aug 2014

Originally posted by Stojacanec View Post
              One one hand you have created limitations to what Macedonia represents due to the Ottoman Empire. And yet on the other hand and in the next sentance you claim greece wants to protect anything archaic to Aegean Maceonia.

To me this is a pretty large discrepancy in pattern of thought for the same region.
              I don't "claim" what Greece wants. I'm saying what actually greece wants.

Comment

• Philosopher
                • Sep 2008

I can explain both the statement and the Cypriots.
                I don't know about you but beauty isn't ony skin deep. Is that picture from Ayia Napa in Cyprus? Which ones are cypriot girls? They look very different one from the other and this is an instant not very flattering.
                The picture is from https://www.facebook.com/cyprus.uglywomen

In the context of this discussion, beauty is only skin-deep. That is the only thing we can judge strange females by.

The statement of the greek member is a soccer fan statement. There is a viral fighting between Athens and Thessaloniki about many things, including souvlaki and bougatsa.
                Nothing to be taken serious or something worth mentioning about.
                I think not. The discussion was on a forum about international countries with ugly women. A Greek member was saying that "where there is Slavic, there is beauty", and he stated the further north you go, the more attractive the females. So northern Greeks are better looking than southern Greeks, and Serbian girls are the best looking.

Spitfire, would you agree that Cypriot Greeks are ugly, and northern Greeks are better looking than southern Greeks?

What is your opinion?
                Last edited by Philosopher; 12-08-2014, 08:47 PM.

Comment

• spitfire
                  Banned
                  • Aug 2014

Originally posted by Philosopher View Post
                  The picture is from https://www.facebook.com/cyprus.uglywomen

In the context of this discussion, beauty is only skin-deep. That is the only thing we can judge strange females by.

I think not. The discussion was on a forum about international countries with ugly women. A Greek member was saying that "where there is Slavic, there is beauty", and he stated the further north you go, the more attractive the females. So northern Greeks are better looking than southern Greeks, and Serbian girls are the best looking.

Spitfire, would you agree that Cypriot Greeks are ugly, and northern Greeks are better looking than southern Greeks?

What is your opinion?
                  I can't agree with you about beauty being not skin-deep because even appearance which is the first factor encountered is judged differently among men.
                  Aka, we don't have the same judgment.

As for the statement, I insist it is a soccer fan's statement as you don't know how the athenians refer to the supporters of Thessaloniki soccer teams.

Back to Cyprus vs Northern Greece, you should ask yourself why the Cypriots are so fond of Thessaloniki and vise versa. I would describe both as similar in character. A little more friendlier than the rest
                  So much for your DNA implying analysis.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                    • Sep 2008

The mental condition you describe applies only to those who can't see that macedonia through the ages has had many cultures.
                    And to be honest, a product of macedonia doesn't have to prove through futile lineage anything, because macedonian identity
                    (archaic or not) applies to all in that area.
                    Again, this is a Greek mental condition.
                    It is a recent one.
                    If she subscribes to a Greek culture, she is a Greek. There is no Macedonian "identity" in Greece. It is a geographical descriptor. Nothing more. This is all just typical Greek tiresome bullshit. The woman is a Greek. She can call herself a Macedonian, but that is her Greek mental condition and stupid arrogance that believes she can get away with not having to say she is Greek (outside of Greece).

I would say that she is wilfully confusing anyone she meets outside of Greece by calling herself Macedonian. But this is typical stuff from your brethren. They like to distract themselves and others from their bigger problems.
                    Risto the Great
                    MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                    "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• spitfire
                      Banned
                      • Aug 2014

Again, this is a Greek mental condition.
                      It is a recent one.
                      If she subscribes to a Greek culture, she is a Greek. There is no Macedonian "identity" in Greece. It is a geographical descriptor. Nothing more. This is all just typical Greek tiresome bullshit. The woman is a Greek. She can call herself a Macedonian, but that is her Greek mental condition and stupid arrogance that believes she can get away with not having to say she is Greek (outside of Greece).

I would say that she is wilfully confusing anyone she meets outside of Greece by calling herself Macedonian. But this is typical stuff from your brethren. They like to distract themselves and others from their bigger problems.
                      It is not my intention to convince you Risto. But you simply can't see that the people in the aegean macedonia are not having the same dances for instance as those in Epirus.
                      They have a few differneces in pronunciation, mainly how they pronounce the "L" letter, they are a little more friendly and they don't do things as fast as the athenians do.
                      It's the land that makes the people mainly.

She doesn't have to explain what she means by saying she is macedonian. Unless being asked to.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                        • Sep 2008

It is not my intention to convince you Risto. But you simply can't see that the people in the aegean macedonia are not having the same dances for instance as those in Epirus.
                        They have a few differneces in pronunciation, mainly how they pronounce the "L" letter, they are a little more friendly and they don't do things as fast as the athenians do.
                        It's the land that makes the people mainly.

She doesn't have to explain what she means by saying she is macedonian. Unless being asked to.
                        Yeah yeah. And if honest, the "Greeks" in Greece who used to be Macedonians will proudly tell you they speak the purest Greek because they learned the proper language and did not have any dialect before the occupation.

When she is outside of Greece, she absolutely has to explain what she means given that about 70% of ALL the countries in the world recognise Macedonia correctly. And 80% of the countries Macedonia has diplomatic relations with recognise Macedonia correctly. Only a state of severe mental delusion would ignore this reality. And that is part of the Greek mental condition.
                        Risto the Great
                        MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                        "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• spitfire
                          Banned
                          • Aug 2014

Yeah yeah. And if honest, the "Greeks" in Greece who used to be Macedonians will proudly tell you they speak the purest Greek because they learned the proper language and did not have any dialect before the occupation.

When she is outside of Greece, she absolutely has to explain what she means given that about 70% of ALL the countries in the world recognise Macedonia correctly. And 80% of the countries Macedonia has diplomatic relations with recognise Macedonia correctly. Only a state of severe mental delusion would ignore this reality. And that is part of the Greek mental condition.
                          I'm not sure I understand the first part. What occupation and what proper greek?
                          One more difference I can think of is how they use personal pronouns.

Actually that 70% refers to the billateral recognition, it is not used erga omnes. But I will not deny that it is probable for someone to understand the state of macedonia instead of the area of macedonia. That's true, but it is not what we discuss.

Comment

• makedonche
                            • Oct 2008

She can say the same about you. That doesn't mean a thing nor does it answer the fundamental question of what makes a macedonian identity.

Again she can say the same thing.
                            Spitfire
                            She can say whatever she likes, she's still not Macedonian, therefore has no need to concern herself which Macedonia she's from, it's simple,she's Greek, qualifies by your standards and hers, so all she has to tell people is she is a halfbreed from Greece, no need to mention Macedonia at all!
                            On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• spitfire
                              Banned
                              • Aug 2014

Originally posted by makedonche View Post
                              Spitfire
                              She can say whatever she likes, she's still not Macedonian
                              By whose standards? Yours? You can't decide that I'm afraid.

Comment

• makedonche
                                • Oct 2008

By whose standards? Yours? You can't decide that I'm afraid.
                                Spitfire
                                Wrong again, by yours and the standards of Greece....not by what she says or claims, it's already been determined for her...thank God! she's so delusional if she fell into a barrel of olives she'd miss and still come sucking her thumb!
                                On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

Working...
                                X