• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • spitfire
    Banned
    • Aug 2014

Originally posted by Nikolaj View Post
    I'm afraid I don't understand your question nor your answer. What splitting?
    We started this discussion after my answering to you about how I understand the differences between the people.
    Then I asked why are you afraid Kaili if she says she is macedonian and greek.

I didn't get a clear answer to these.

Comment

• Nikolaj
      • Aug 2014

Originally posted by spitfire View Post
      We started this discussion after my answering to you about how I understand the differences between the people.
      Then I asked why are you afraid Kaili if she says she is macedonian and greek.

I didn't get a clear answer to these.
      I clearly stated I am not afraid of Kaili claiming a Macedonian ethnicity and my reasoning for it. This conversation has developed much further than what you set it out to be; so it seems like you're trying to avoid progression.

Comment

• spitfire
        Banned
        • Aug 2014

Originally posted by Nikolaj View Post
        I clearly stated I am not afraid of Kaili claiming a Macedonian ethnicity and my reasoning for it. This conversation has developed much further than what you set it out to be; so it seems like you're trying to avoid progression.
        You mean the Kaili thing? Yes it has. But how am I avoiding progression from what Kaili said and forth, since I was mainly posting about it?

Nikolaj. Here's two very interesting quotes.

Amazing huh?

Comment

• George S.
          • Aug 2009

People galavancing between two identity should not be allowed to be called anything.Its that lacadaisical attitude .For a start she is not macedonian just because she feels she should call herself macedonian.In the sense of the word that she doesn't know what she is??THe name macedonian should not be reserved for johny come latelies.The greeks can have her for her dopiness.Who cares what she may feel.Oh shit today i feel that i'm kalafampian whoopy do.You can't simply identify that you are of two races because you feel it.WE as the genuine macedonians will not accept these pseudo creatures not until there is proper restitution and recognition to the rights of real macedonians in greece.Don't give me your shit here without axknowliging the plight of of the real macedonian people.Not only that you don't have any right to fuck around with our identity.Our identity is our identity.Just because you conquered our lands doesn't give you the right to usurp our soul.So don't give me your shit on this forum.Unless you acknowledge the atrocities and genuinely detract what your govt did to the macedonian nation,the genocide don't bs to me about being of two ethnicities.Greek or macedonian..Look how the greek govt created these pseudo macedonians they are nothing but greeks or turks being transplanted from one place to another and hey presto i'm macedonian and the govt kicked out the real macedonians.I have met these people and they have said to me they are somehow greeks but regard themselves really as turks.They are just stealing the macedonian identity.
          Last edited by George S.; 12-08-2014, 10:55 AM.
          "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
          GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Redsun
            • Jul 2013

Spitfire post# 194 She doesn't only live in macedonia (greek part) she also is an agent of the culture of that area, therefore she is macedonian. So she can claim the same as much as you can claim to be macedonian.

An agent of which culture?

Neither of her parents are Macedonian. What claim?

Spitfire post# 198 Macedonia and Macedonia is one thing, historically at least. The archaic part is in greek land. Do you find this threatening? Should you be frightened of Kaili saying she is a macedonian of greek nationality?

I got stuck on this sentence "The archaic part is in Greek land."

I was under the impression that "Archaic" is an ancient period.

Spitfire post# 203- Archaic macedonia is not outside greece.

Think about what your saying. If there was such a nation that existed...

The Romans would not have had the slightest chance of dropping a single toe in Athens would of they?

In this modern day the Greek language wouldn't be limited to the lands of Greece, if such a large Greek speaking nation existed its influence would have traveled. There should be a large propotion of Europe speaking Greek.

The Greek's and Macedonians together would have destroyed Rome and there may have been no chance for Latin to be shared on such a large scale.

Europeans may have been divided between Greek Speakers and Germanic speakers.

There has never been a unity, if there was. It would have been evident today.

If there was such a nation, Rome would have had to pay taxes to Athens.

There would have been no Constantinople.

If Rome didn't touch Brittani there would be no Western supremacist looking down upon the countries of south east Europe.

Would there be concerns over the naming of Fetta?

What would the world look like today?

The world in your head would be incomparable to what it currently is.

Spitfire post# 211 We started this discussion after my answering to you about how I understand the differences between the people. Then I asked why are you afraid Kaili if she says she is macedonian and greek.

Where is it that she claims to be Macedonian and Greek, where?

Neither of her parents are Macedonian. What claim?

Comment

• spitfire
              Banned
              • Aug 2014

Redsun have you read what Kaili said? You asked me where she said she is macedonian?

I emphasize that I am from Macedonia and I think that this has become clear, at least in our nearby countries.

Did you even read the statement?

Yes archaic means ancient and that part was the part Greece was interested in. You know the rest.

Comment

• Redsun
                • Jul 2013

Spitfire how many times are you going to avoid this?

These two statements have different meanings.

"I am from Macedonia"

"I am Macedonian"

Where is it that she claims to be a Macedonian?

Neither of her parents are Macedonian.

You have said it before she is a Greek in nationality.

She is a Greek citizen, is she not a Greek citizen?

What do you mean "Greece was interested"?

Greece invaded Aegean Macedonia,

This "interest" justified their actions?

Comment

• George S.
                  • Aug 2009

Anyone can claim to be anything these days but when you look at the details they aren't what they claim to be a PHONEY.They aren't genuine macedonians.Please don't tell me the prosfeges,pontians etc settled in the 1920's are macedonian.They will never be recognized as macedonian.Facts speak for themselves.You cant make a silk purse out of a sows ear.Greeks will allways be greeks not only whatever they do.Until the greeks reconcile with what they did to the macedonians they will never be accepted as macedonians.Greeks go on as if they are macedonians they are not they are fakes.
                  "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                  GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• spitfire
                    Banned
                    • Aug 2014

Originally posted by Redsun View Post
                    Spitfire how many times are you going to avoid this?

These two statements have different meanings.

"I am from Macedonia"

"I am Macedonian"

Where is it that she claims to be a Macedonian?

Neither of her parents are Macedonian.

You have said it before she is a Greek in nationality.

She is a Greek citizen, is she not a Greek citizen?

What do you mean "Greece was interested"?

Greece invaded Aegean Macedonia,

This "interest" justified their actions?
                    Oh excuse me. Kaili said she is from macedonia, therefore this doesn't mean that she meant that she is macedonian according to you.

What is it you don't understand? Her citizenship is Greek, her nationality is greek and she is macedonian. What's so hard to figure out?

About the invasion part, when this concerns wars, it is not an invasion. That's another misunderstanding that you usally promote.
                    It was not an "invasion" because there was no country that was called macedonia. It was the balkan wars against the Ottoman empire and Bulgaria.
                    What invasion?

Comment

• Stojacanec
                      • Dec 2009

Oh excuse me. Kaili said she is from macedonia, therefore this doesn't mean that she meant that she is macedonian according to you.

What is it you don't understand? Her citizenship is Greek, her nationality is greek and she is macedonian. What's so hard to figure out?

About the invasion part, when this concerns wars, it is not an invasion. That's another misunderstanding that you usally promote.
                      It was not an "invasion" because there was no country that was called macedonia. It was the balkan wars against the Ottoman empire and Bulgaria.
                      What invasion?
                      Call it what you like spitfire. Invasion/annexation.

You are correct it was the Ottoman empire and there was no country called Macedonia. However the region was named Macedonia in many maps spanning many centuries.

I have read a book, for example, written in (as late as) 1904 where it was thought that Solun may end up as an Austrian port.

What you don't understand is that region was not greece or greek before its annexation.

A greek citizen with greek nationaliy from the Aegean Maceonian region spans back to 1913 and not before.

Do you think you can explain it that way to your general public?

Comment

• George S.
                        • Aug 2009

"""Oh excuse me. Kaili said she is from macedonia, therefore this doesn't mean that she meant that she is macedonian according to you.

It was not an "invasion" because there was no country (Bullshit)that was called macedonia. It was the balkan wars against the Ottoman empire and Bulgaria.
                        What invasion? This is bs of the highest order Macedonia wasn't invaded it was LIBERATED Bullshit.Why did the greeks call it the OCCUPIED territories.What does Nexe mean it was taken without THE MACEDONIAN people's wishes.Spifire invasion my foot stop lyimg.What did the turks call US MACEDONIANS.
                        Last edited by George S.; 12-08-2014, 07:38 PM.
                        GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• spitfire
                          Banned
                          • Aug 2014

Originally posted by Stojacanec View Post
                          Call it what you like spitfire. Invasion/annexation.

You are correct it was the Ottoman empire and there was no country called Macedonia. However the region was named Macedonia in many maps spanning many centuries.

I have read a book, for example, written in (as late as) 1904 where it was thought that Solun may end up as an Austrian port.

What you don't understand is that region was not greece or greek before its annexation.

A greek citizen with greek nationaliy from the Aegean Maceonian region spans back to 1913 and not before.

Do you think you can explain it that way to your general public?
                          I'm not sure about the spanning prior to 1913. Yes there were refuges that altered the populations but you can't claim that it was altered 100% and you can't claim that since 1913 in this part of the land macedonian culture was abandoned. Actually I like to think it was enriched.

The thing about "our" public is that there are things underlying with the name. Greece doesn't care for anything else than the archaic macedonia and the name dispute has implications on it.
                          Both governments in macedonia and greece don't follow my approach. Especially today.
                          If you ask me, each part wants macedonia for itself. A rather egotistical approach.
                          A more realistic approach would be to understand that macedonia consists of many identities within mutual understandment of those identities. I don't see steps taken into that direction however.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                            • Sep 2008

This only makes sense to Greeks Spitfire. Honestly. Only them. It could almost be classified as a mental condition.
                            Risto the Great
                            MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                            "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• spitfire
                              Banned
                              • Aug 2014

Originally posted by George S. View Post
                              """Oh excuse me. Kaili said she is from macedonia, therefore this doesn't mean that she meant that she is macedonian according to you.

It was not an "invasion" because there was no country (Bullshit)that was called macedonia. It was the balkan wars against the Ottoman empire and Bulgaria.
                              What invasion? This is bs of the highest order Macedonia wasn't invaded it was LIBERATED Bullshit.Why did the greeks call it the OCCUPIED territories.What does Nexe mean it was taken without THE MACEDONIAN people's wishes.Spifire invasion my foot stop lyimg.What did the turks call US MACEDONIANS.
                              George forget all that and tell me do you think Kaili is hot?

Comment

• Philosopher
                                • Sep 2008

George forget all that and tell me do you think Kaili is hot?
                                I can answer that question Spitfire. I recall reading something on the web from a Greek stating, among other stupid things, "where there is Slavic, there is beauty". Not sure what this means, but he directed this statement to northern Greeks. The way I see it, however, northern Greeks are more attractive than other Greeks, and in particular, Cypriot Greeks, that's for sure.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

So the million dollar question is, why are Greek Cypriots so ugly?

Comment

Working...
                                X