Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Redsun
    • Jul 2013

Spitfire, you quoted Makedonche in your post# 159.

Read it again, he said "you have to be born Macedonian"

You responded "So Eva Kaili is macedonian. Thanks."

!!!!! I don't understand... how did you come up with this?

Now in post# 169 you say "So how many generations of offsprings does that take?"

If I got onto a plain right now and gave birth to a child in China, you would consider that child Chinese?

Comment

• Amphipolis
      Banned
      • Aug 2014

Originally posted by George S. View Post
      I would say most of the Original texts that were written in the illiad of the pelasgian language is similar to the macedonian. You are in denial if you say its just a handfull of words.

THe greeks of the time DID NOT UNDERSTAND PELASGIAN AT ALL THATS WHY IT TOOK THEM A COUPLE OF HUNDRED YEARS TO DECIPHER THEM.

Secondly, where are those pelasgian texts? Real scholars have access to them all the time.

Thirdly, those videos are based on greek texts. Rubbish why would they based on greek texts.

THe language it was written was similar to the macedonian.(like all languages in the area)

Look at the way the greeks have tried to steal the homeric texts by translating them in greek

I found out that we could understand the ILLIAD by using today's macedonian 50 years ago at school.

I know also for a fact that PELASGIAN was a SINILAR LANGUAGE to the MACEDONIAN.
      The original texts must be available.
      These are scary signs of insanity.

Comment

• spitfire
        Banned
        • Aug 2014

Originally posted by Redsun View Post
        Spitfire, you quoted Makedonche in your post# 159.

Read it again, he said "you have to be born Macedonian"

You responded "So Eva Kaili is macedonian. Thanks."

!!!!! I don't understand... how did you come up with this?

Now in post# 169 you say "So how many generations of offsprings does that take?"

If I got onto a plain right now and gave birth to a child in China, you would consider that child Chinese?
        So how many generations of offsprings being born in macedonian land does it take an offspring to be regarded macedonian?
        Do we have a number?

You don't have an answer because these things are partly decided upon that. Of course from a nationalistic point of view, speciality is what is important. Therefore by substracting this and that we end up with a delusional purity. Along with the importance of feeling important and unique and so on.
        And so you end up in a very common nationalistic trap very easily explained.

I've seen this everywhere happening. So don't feel bad. It's common.
        Last edited by spitfire; 12-07-2014, 03:23 AM.

Comment

• Amphipolis
          Banned
          • Aug 2014

Originally posted by Брсјак View Post
          with Albanian surname
          I thought this was Turkish but I didn't manage to verify it. What is Albanian with Kaili?

Originally posted by Nikolaj View Post
          Lets be real though Makedonche, this is equivalent to getting insulted by a 6 year old, but in this case, a very confused Albanian with Turkish highlights and a slavic complexion. Implying what she said should not actually be taken seriously. My favourit part: "left the American president of the US Delegation for Macedonia speechless."O'really? I'm sure she would like to think so though.
          It also depends on what she was wearing.

Comment

• George S.
            • Aug 2009

With greeks its nationalistic with macedonians it isn't.Macedonians don't have a nationalistic psyche otherwise they would have claimed back their confiscated territories.
            HOW CAN $ countries lay CLAIMS THAT MACEDONIA BELONGS TO THEM BY WHAT RIGHT.??FOR THAT REASON MACEDONIA WHEN ITS READY SHOULD RECLAIM WHAT WAS/IS THEIRS.
            "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
            GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• spitfire
              Banned
              • Aug 2014

With greeks its nationalistic with macedonians it isn't.
              Sure...

Macedonia is fertile ground for some ideas so odd they’re actually beyond satire. Did you know about a special, superior race called the Macedonoids?

Comment

• Amphipolis
                Banned
                • Aug 2014

Originally posted by Philosopher View Post
                ... but judging by her blonde hair and blue eyes, it is obvious she is no "Mediterranean beauty". She can easily pass for a Russian girl or a Polish girl. Her nose, too, looks a bit "Slavic", whatever "that" means.
                That's interesting but after a small research (about high cheekbones) I couldn't find much to support it. It's a pity anthropological research is called "racist" and is almost extinct. What’s with her nose?

Originally posted by Philosopher View Post
                The context of these statements is that ethnic Macedonians were ethnically purged from Aegean Macedonia, and Turkish "Greek Macedonians" replaced them. So the idea is that these Macedonians from Turkey are not Macedonians at all.
                The refugees replaced the Turks/Muslims of Macedonia (I don't know if you consider them Ethnic Macedonians). The refugees were not "Turkish" or "from Turkey", and Constantinople was not more or less Turkish than Thessalonike, but you are right that refugees are newcomers in Macedonia.

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
                The so called 'greeks' of Constantinople weren't even considered Greek by the Greeks
                What?

==
                Last edited by Amphipolis; 12-07-2014, 05:05 AM.

Comment

• Redsun
                  • Jul 2013

Originally posted by spitfire View Post
                  So how many generations of offsprings being born in macedonian land does it take an offspring to be regarded macedonian?
                  Do we have a number?

You don't have an answer because these things are partly decided upon that. Of course from a nationalistic point of view, speciality is what is important. Therefore by substracting this and that we end up with a delusional purity. Along with the importance of feeling important and unique and so on.
                  And so you end up in a very common nationalistic trap very easily explained.

I've seen this everywhere happening. So don't feel bad. It's common.

You have quoted my post# 159, what happened to my question's within this post? Questions I asked you. You avoided answering them completely.

You don't have the courtesy to answer my question's, and expect me to answer yours?

Spitfire you never asked me this question, you asked Makedonche this.

Did you forget who you asked? You are misleading.

Your post is nonsense.

Spitfire since you have not yet asked me this question and have not answered my questions, why don't you answer your own question.

Then after you have done that ask yourself.

So how many generations of offsprings being born in Greece does it take an offspring to be regarded Greek?

Your misleading. Don't even know who you've asked what, and then talk of delusion.

Don't be so rude.

Comment

• spitfire
                    Banned
                    • Aug 2014

So how many generations of offsprings being born in Greece does it take an offspring to be regarded Greek?

Your misleading. Don't even know who you've asked what, and then talk of delusion.

Don't be so rude.
                    According to the law you have greek nationality if one of your parents is greek.
                    So that's half a generation away, which of course does not exclude other types of acquiring nationality.

How many generations does it take for you? Just in case you don't remember who is misleading here and who is being rude.

Comment

• Amphipolis
                      Banned
                      • Aug 2014

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                      I wonder how much you would have understood had it not been for the katharevousa program over so many years. I know my cousins barely understand the ancient texts. But they all had books showing text in modern vs ancient Greek on opposite pages.

Imagine if we all looked at the proto Indo European language and shared even more with our brothers all around the world! Even better.
                      It's a pity many people here are trying to speak about something they're not familiar with (Greek language). You obviously don't know how Modern Greek ("demotic" or "katareuousa") differ among themselves or with Bible Greek or Classic Attic or Homeric etc.

You cousins can help you (if you ask them). Don't you ever wonder why we don't hear such arguments by forum members like your cousins, or people who can speak Greek even if this isn't their mother language?

PS: For your information there is no Proto-Indo-European or even Indo-European language. The latter is a modern construction, but I don't know if it is a structured language in the sense that you can learn it and speak it or simply a partial hypothetical vocabulary.

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                      Are you sure about that? Wasn't Katharevousa finally abandoned in the seventies?

Notwithstanding this, I am very confident you need to look at Greek before about 1850 and Greek after 1850.

My cousins are just punters in Greece trying to earn a dollar like the rest of us. Definitely not scholars. When they say they don't understand all the ancient stuff, I believe them. Some also even say they are proud Greeks too (much to my annoyance). Go figure.
                      What happened in 1974 was a new codification for Grammar adopted on schools based on demotic language. Katareuousa is a more archaic and formal way of speaking or writing. Today it is mostly met in Church or used by conservative or older people. I’m familiar with it as I grew up among older books that were in various forms of Katareuousa. Christians are also familiar with it because of the Bible or Christian chants.

I don't know what happened in 1850 or what you mean. Nobody understands "all the ancient stuff"; there are many ranges of difficulty depending on the text, you may instantly get as much as 90% or 30%. Irrelevant people like me simply study them for two years in school at the age around 15-17. If one follows studies in literature, law, history, theology etc he will have some more.

==
                      Last edited by Amphipolis; 12-07-2014, 05:37 AM.

Comment

• Redsun
                        • Jul 2013

Originally posted by spitfire View Post
                        According to the law you have greek nationality if one of your parents is greek.
                        So that's half a generation away, which of course does not exclude other types of acquiring nationality.

How many generations does it take for you? Just in case you don't remember who is misleading here and who is being rude.

Spitfire - According to the law you have greek nationality if one of your parents is greek.

So she is Greek???

Now you are saying she is Greek?

Spitfire - How many generations does it take for you? Just in case you don't remember who is misleading here and who is being rude.

When have I been rude to you?

When have I mislead you?

You still havnt answered my question in post# 166 darling.

Comment

• spitfire
                          Banned
                          • Aug 2014

Spitfire - According to the law you have greek nationality if one of your parents is greek.

So she is Greek???

Now you are saying she is Greek?

Spitfire - How many generations does it take for you? Just in case you don't remember who is misleading here and who is being rude.

When have I been rude to you?

When have I mislead you?

You still havnt answered my question in post# 166 darling.
                          Do you happen to know that the people in aegean macedonia are macedonian greeks? That's how they define themselves.

If you want to exclude or segregate their macedonian identity from their greek identity, then it is rude and misleading.
                          She was raised in macedonian culture, that of her very own land.
                          Would you take that away from her?

Care to ask me again? I'm not fond of going back pages.

Comment

• spitfire
                            Banned
                            • Aug 2014

Originally posted by Amphipolis View Post
                            What happened in 1974 was a new codification for Grammar adopted on schools based on demotic language. Katareuousa is a more archaic and formal way of speaking or writing. Today it is mostly met in Church or used by conservative or older people. I’m familiar with it as I grew up among older books that were in various forms of Katareuousa. Christians are also familiar with it because of the Bible or Christian chants.

I don't know what happened in 1850 or what you mean. Nobody understands "all the ancient stuff"; there are many ranges of difficulty depending on the text, you may instantly get as much as 90% or 30%. Irrelevant people like me simply study them for two years in school at the age around 15-17. If one follows studies in literature, law, history, theology etc he will have some more.

==
                            I wouldn't be surprised if they consider the abandonmnent of the stress marks as a different language. A case which I cought up for the first two years in primary school.
                            That is how much they know about it. But who cares. I can read every greek text and understand it no matter how old is it, 2800 years old.
                            They can't do the same with their language.

Comment

• Toska
                              • Sep 2008

The only plausible explanation of evas non greek appearance is , zoki komsijata would plow marias bafcha while alexander was working in voden.

Comment

• Nikolaj
                                • Aug 2014

Originally posted by Toska View Post
                                The only plausible explanation of evas non greek appearance is , zoki komsijata would plow marias bafcha while alexander was working in voden.

Spitfire, I could identify myself as Lebanese, French, whatever it is, and it still wouldn't make me that, the same principle applies to these 'Greek Macedonians'.

It is not what they are though. I personally am an ethnic Macedonian, I don't need to identify myself as one, it is what I am and I cannot change that.
                                Last edited by Nikolaj; 12-07-2014, 08:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X