• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vangelovski
    • Sep 2008

Sulejman Rexhepi Announces "Divine Justice"

http://www.balkaninsight.com/en/arti...-against-mayor

The mayor of Prilep has acted to calm religious tensions in Macedonia after the head of the Muslim community, Sulejman Rexhepi, wrote on Facebook that Allah would strike him down for his alleged role in the burning of the Charshi-Mosque in Prilep in 2001.

The mosque went up in flames on August 8, 2001 during the short-lived Macedonian conflict and has not been rebuilt. The arson attack was the work of ethnic Macedonians after Albanian insurgents had killed several soldiers from the town in an ambush near Karpalak.

“Dear brother Muslims, this is the mosque in Prilep that in 2001 was burned by a group of 30 people. They were all punished by death by the magnificent Allah,” Rexhepi wrote on Facebook on Wednesday under a picture of the burned mosque.

“Many were eliminated among themselves, and not so long ago four of them lost their lives in car accidents. The next to the last died yesterday on a motorcycle,” Rexhepi noted, adding that “The last of them, as it seems, is Marjan Risteski who will face the punishment from the almighty Allah.”

The prediction of divine punishment by a religious leader in Macedonia is seen as unprecedented. The Muslim community, the IVZ, has confirmed that the post was authentic.

“He has published only what has been determined by God,” Abaz Islami, the spokesperson of IVZ, said, adding that, “It is bad that they had burned the mosque and that it has not been rebuilt to this day.”

Mayor Risteski said that he forgave Rexhepi for his ill intended words, however.

“In the spirit of Christianity I forgive him for his clumsy reckless and unlucky statement. I appeal to all who felt hurt by this statement to refrain from further reactions as its aim is to provoke problems,” Risteski said.

“I plead his Allah to give him the strength to stay true to the principles of his faith, which call for tolerance and understanding, instead of doing things that do not befit a religious leader,” the mayor added.

In 2001, a brief armed conflict between Macedonian security forces and ethnic Albanian insurgents ended in the signing of a peace deal that granted greater rights to Albanians, who make up a quarter of Macedonia’s 2.1 million population.

The Karpalak incident took the lives of ten Macedonian soldiers, all from Prilep, and injured three more. It happened when Albanian insurgents ambushed a Macedonian Army convoy on the Skopje-Tetovo highway.

News of the killing sharply raised ethnic and religious tension, threatening to topple ongoing domestic and international efforts to end the conflict. In Prilep, angry mobs rioted and destroyed property owned by Muslims, including the mosque.

Since the torching of the mosque there were several initiatives to rebuild it, but work on the ground has not started yet.
    While most ethnic Macedonians are Orthodox Christians, most Albanians are Muslims.

The main organization of war veterans in Prilep said the call for divine punishment was as absurd as the torching of the mosque. Risteski served in the Macedonian Army at the time and was deployed in the town of Tetovo that was at the heart of the armed hostilities.

“That day on August 8, 2001 Risteski was with us in Tetovo, defending the sovereignty and integrity of Macedonia. He has nothing to do with the vandalism of burning the mosque in Prilep because he was with us defending his fatherland,” Igor Petreski, head of the veterans organization, called “Karpalak”, said.

The head of IVZ, the second largest religious comunity in the country after the Macedonian Orthodox Church, was recently accused of indecent behaviour after posting pictures of himself on Facebook dressed as a Turkish Sultan holding a half-drawn sabre. He wrote that the pictures were taken during a recent visit to Istanbul.
    If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams
  • Pavle Pijanica
    • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Vangelovski View Post
    http://www.balkaninsight.com/en/arti...-against-mayor

The mayor of Prilep has acted to calm religious tensions in Macedonia after the head of the Muslim community, Sulejman Rexhepi, wrote on Facebook that Allah would strike him down for his alleged role in the burning of the Charshi-Mosque in Prilep in 2001.

The mosque went up in flames on August 8, 2001 during the short-lived Macedonian conflict and has not been rebuilt. The arson attack was the work of ethnic Macedonians after Albanian insurgents had killed several soldiers from the town in an ambush near Karpalak.

“Dear brother Muslims, this is the mosque in Prilep that in 2001 was burned by a group of 30 people. They were all punished by death by the magnificent Allah,” Rexhepi wrote on Facebook on Wednesday under a picture of the burned mosque.

“Many were eliminated among themselves, and not so long ago four of them lost their lives in car accidents. The next to the last died yesterday on a motorcycle,” Rexhepi noted, adding that “The last of them, as it seems, is Marjan Risteski who will face the punishment from the almighty Allah.”

The prediction of divine punishment by a religious leader in Macedonia is seen as unprecedented. The Muslim community, the IVZ, has confirmed that the post was authentic.

“He has published only what has been determined by God,” Abaz Islami, the spokesperson of IVZ, said, adding that, “It is bad that they had burned the mosque and that it has not been rebuilt to this day.”

Mayor Risteski said that he forgave Rexhepi for his ill intended words, however.

“In the spirit of Christianity I forgive him for his clumsy reckless and unlucky statement. I appeal to all who felt hurt by this statement to refrain from further reactions as its aim is to provoke problems,” Risteski said.

“I plead his Allah to give him the strength to stay true to the principles of his faith, which call for tolerance and understanding, instead of doing things that do not befit a religious leader,” the mayor added.

In 2001, a brief armed conflict between Macedonian security forces and ethnic Albanian insurgents ended in the signing of a peace deal that granted greater rights to Albanians, who make up a quarter of Macedonia’s 2.1 million population.

The Karpalak incident took the lives of ten Macedonian soldiers, all from Prilep, and injured three more. It happened when Albanian insurgents ambushed a Macedonian Army convoy on the Skopje-Tetovo highway.

News of the killing sharply raised ethnic and religious tension, threatening to topple ongoing domestic and international efforts to end the conflict. In Prilep, angry mobs rioted and destroyed property owned by Muslims, including the mosque.

Since the torching of the mosque there were several initiatives to rebuild it, but work on the ground has not started yet.
    While most ethnic Macedonians are Orthodox Christians, most Albanians are Muslims.

The main organization of war veterans in Prilep said the call for divine punishment was as absurd as the torching of the mosque. Risteski served in the Macedonian Army at the time and was deployed in the town of Tetovo that was at the heart of the armed hostilities.

“That day on August 8, 2001 Risteski was with us in Tetovo, defending the sovereignty and integrity of Macedonia. He has nothing to do with the vandalism of burning the mosque in Prilep because he was with us defending his fatherland,” Igor Petreski, head of the veterans organization, called “Karpalak”, said.

The head of IVZ, the second largest religious comunity in the country after the Macedonian Orthodox Church, was recently accused of indecent behaviour after posting pictures of himself on Facebook dressed as a Turkish Sultan holding a half-drawn sabre. He wrote that the pictures were taken during a recent visit to Istanbul.
    Amazing...simply amazing how an individual can get away with saying crap like that. If the shoe was on the other foot the Albanians would be out in force demonstrating across the country...What is wrong with our people???

Comment

• Risto the Great
      • Sep 2008

Based on the number of deaths, perhaps God favours the Albanian nation.

Vangelovski, feel free to condemn me to hell.

But, more seriously, why would anyone want to look like a Turkish oppressor? Don't the ethnic Albanians get it? Makes it hard to accept they didn't gain from switching religious affiliation during the ottoman times.

Pathetic stuff all round.
      Risto the Great
      MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
      "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Vangelovski
        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
        Based on the number of deaths, perhaps God favours the Albanian nation.
        I think those numbers are just a figment of his imagination. No one really knows who and how many were involved in burning that mosque. The riots at the time were fairly large.

But, more seriously, why would anyone want to look like a Turkish oppressor?
        Maybe it makes him feel cool. For some unknown reason, Franjo Tudjman used to dress in naval uniform like Tito...you'd think he'd go for a slightly different look.
        If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• George S.
          • Aug 2009

THis is a storm in a teacup who the hell cares about them that was 2001.Remember how the terrorists blew up our churches eg the leshok monastery.Of all places the Albanians should think of building a mosque there .I've been told Prilep is the last untainted Albanian mosque etc ,There is no way a mosque would be permitted after 2001 the mayor,the citizens Macedonians don't want one.So all this should be seen in the context.That the Albanians have come across REAL Macedonian resistance there is no way that Macedonians are going to give up their prilep to be shitted on like all the other Macedonian places.Good on them for doing it ,the Albanians know full well they can't have a mosque there.they wouldn't there.Also there are enough Albanians there I'm told.This can't be an affront as they got mosques closer by they could go .I think the Albanians are once more challenging Macedonian sovereignity.
          "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
          GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• DedoAleko
            • Jun 2009

This is a photo of Sulejman Rexhepis nephew he posted on facebook:

Another compromising photo of Sulejman Rexhepi:

Comment

• Vangelovski
              • Sep 2008

I wouldn't say these 'compromising' photo's. The man is a hunter, so what? And I've got photo's of myself holding guns much younger than that kid. There are much more relevant photo's on his facebook page that I would be concerned about, such as those taken in Saudi Arabia and the as yet undisclosed Madrasa he attended there.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                • Sep 2008

I've got photo's of myself holding guns much younger than that kid.
                I prefer older guns.

There are much more relevant photo's on his facebook page that I would be concerned about, such as those taken in Saudi Arabia and the as yet undisclosed Madrasa he attended there.
                Agreed, much more interesting.
                Risto the Great
                MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• DedoAleko
                  • Jun 2009

I wouldn't say these 'compromising' photo's. The man is a hunter, so what? And I've got photo's of myself holding guns much younger than that kid. There are much more relevant photo's on his facebook page that I would be concerned about, such as those taken in Saudi Arabia and the as yet undisclosed Madrasa he attended there.
                  Vangelovski, I believe it is not suitable for a man of God to involve his little nephew in guns promotion and that picture with the killing advertisement is simply disgusting!

Comment

• George S.
                    • Aug 2009

da precisely a man of peace ,a man of god.i don't think the Albanians are taking it well when the (slavo)Macedonians are preventing their islam from spreading.Its the old slogan to be prewarned is to be prearmed.How prearmed are we for the next war or are we fiorming vigilantes across Macedonia.I do not think the Albanians will do nothing between now and the next war.LOok how easily they point the finger at us.Don't think the Albanians are going to grovel for peace,we are the ones that are doing the grovelling.Remember we are like second class citizens in our own country.Our rights have been taken away.Rememmber the uck or the ANA are only waiting for the slightest trouble between Macedonians & Albanians &we have a war.
                    "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                    GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Vangelovski
                      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by DedoAleko View Post
                      Vangelovski, I believe it is not suitable for a man of God to involve his little nephew in guns promotion and that picture with the killing advertisement is simply disgusting!
                      You don't care about the possibility that Rexhepi could be making contacts with radical islamists, but as soon as he makes some rabbit stew he's a psycho?

What's wrong with "guns promotion" and what separates 'men of God' from other men anyway?

"Killing advertisement"? You mean the hunting photo? How do you eat your meat DedoAleko? Alive and kicking? Or shouldn't he eat meat either...let along harvest it on his own. What about all the evil and sinister Macedonians who own guns and hunt their own food?

Comment

• Vangelovski
                        • Sep 2008

I prefer older guns.
                        Of course you do

Comment

• DedoAleko
                          • Jun 2009

You don't care about the possibility that Rexhepi could be making contacts with radical islamists, but as soon as he makes some rabbit stew he's a psycho?

What's wrong with "guns promotion" and what separates 'men of God' from other men anyway?

"Killing advertisement"? You mean the hunting photo? How do you eat your meat DedoAleko? Alive and kicking? Or shouldn't he eat meat either...let along harvest it on his own. What about all the evil and sinister Macedonians who own guns and hunt their own food?
                          I didn't mention anything about any contacts with radical islamists and I really didn't know that so called Gods representatives, as this shithead Rexhepi, should behave like that. I am sure the Bible and the Kuran don't bless killing for sport.

And it is irrelative where the meat comes from or if you like old or what ever kind of weapons.Not because anybody has a problem with that or not, but because that is simply not the issue here.
                          Last edited by DedoAleko; 02-22-2014, 06:25 PM.

Comment

• Vangelovski
                            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by DedoAleko View Post
                            I didn't mention anything about any contacts with radical islamists and I really didn't know that so called Gods representatives, as this shithead Rexhepi, should behave like that. I am sure the Bible and the Kuran don't bless killing for sport.

And it is irrelative where the meat comes from or if you like old or what ever kind of weapons.Not because anybody has a problem with that or not, but because that is simply not the issue here.
                            You obviously have never made any real attempt to read the Bible or the koran. Neither condemn the use of weapons for legitimate purpose. In the Bible, God reveals that the use of weapons for self-defence, hunting, sport and military and police service is perfectly right and good.

In effect, you are not judging Rexhepi (and many Macedonians who do the same thing) by either Christian or Islamic moral standards but your own subjective views, which are irrelevant to the topic of hunting and firearms ownership.

Finally, there is a big difference between hunting for sport and hunting for food. Rabbits are not trophy animals - no one hunts them for sport.

I know that you never said anything about possible radical Islamist connections - that is the most disturbing fact about your statements in my opinion - that you chose to condemn the man for hunting a rabbit to feed his family, but not possible extremist connections.

Comment

• DedoAleko
                              • Jun 2009

You make honest remarks and points Vangelovski, except the fact that all I did was posting some pictures and I accorded them compromising.That action didn't have anything to do with some post here saying about that guys extremist connections.

peace : )

Comment

Working...
                              X