• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • iceman
    • Sep 2008

"Greek" Settlers telI Ahmeti Dog Terrorist to pressure Macedonian govt

I told you in my previous posts that this would happen

Remember when reading below soon as you see the word " Greek" just place the word settlers after it to really show who they are:

Athens wants the Albanians to pressure Gruevski for a solution

Greek officials invest in Albania pressure to resolve the dispute. I think it's a waste of time and commitment of Albanian nationalism, says Gregory Valianatos, analyst Athens

Greek officials invest in Albania pressure to resolve the dispute, which is wrong. With these words of the Greek public comment on why the government wants to Athens to meet with Albanian politicians in the country, and refuses top-level meetings with Macedonian officials.

First ice broke former Deputy Prime Minister for European Affairs Teuta Arifi, who was guest of the then Greek Deputy Prime Minister Theodoros Pangalos, and its successor, Besimi today in the Greek Foreign Ministry to meet with Greek Foreign Minister Dimitris Avramopoulos. According to Greek diplomatic sources, the meeting was initiated by the Macedonian Deputy Prime Minister.

- Besimi expressed a desire and willingness to meet and Avramopoulos accepted. The meeting with Arifi and Pangalos resulted meetings representatives of Ministries of Foreign Affairs on specific issues the EU integration - the same sources.

But neither Macedonian nor Greek analysts have high expectations from this meeting.

- Do not expect anything special from the meeting, but I believe that such discussions may be helpful to promote dialogue and to hear all opinions - Greek says analyst ELIAMEP George Dzogopulos.

According to him, in the interest of Greece to hear opinions on the name of the various parties in Macedonia, but without interfering in its internal affairs.

In contrast, Greek politician and analyst Gregory Valianatos believes that the reason why Greek politicians are willing to speak with Albanian politicians in Macedonia that is considered a possible dispute in the country on behalf of the European integration process.

- Greek officials invest in Albania pressure to resolve the dispute. I think it's a waste of time and commitment of Albanian nationalism - Valianatos says and adds that the Greeks actually perform pressure on Albanians say they are Albanians, not Macedonians.

Before the meeting, the Greek newspaper "To Vima" described as "a request by the Athens channel for communication in Skopje in an attempt to facilitate the resolution of the impasse over the name issue, despite the intransigence of Prime Minister Nikola Gruevski."

In an article titled "Wanted interlocutors in Skopje," the newspaper said, explaining that Besimi considered a moderate politician, who has Avramopoulos met while both were ministers of defense, writes that "the Albanians in Macedonia strongly support the Euro-Atlantic perspective Skopje and Athens offered expertise on issues in accordance with the agreement between the prethodnichkata Besimi Arifi with former Greek Deputy Prime Minister Theodoros Pangalos.

Former Foreign Minister Denko Maleski, however, says that the range of Besimi is short and that in Athens can hear interlocutors to deliver a message, but can not decide.

- I'm sure DUI officials would agree that they are the right people to guide the dialogue. But in the absence of such a situation and this attempt is better than complete silence - said Maleski.

According to him, the problem is that the other side of the border to play the card of internal division, which could be bad for Macedonia and with serious consequences.

- It is bad if you are playing the ethnic Albanians division because in the absence of the ability to realize some greater Albania will meet with NATO and the EU - he says.

Asked why Greek politicians prefer to speak with Albanians from Macedonia, former Ambassador Arsim Zekolli says:

- In politics until now allowed if there is little hope to translate something. But Athens and Brussels and Washington are aware that the role of coalition partner DUI `s more like an English queen - Zekolli evaluated.

The statements from Athens to discuss with anyone who is willing to cooperate, Zekolli adds "with anyone who is willing to cooperate, but without conditions."

Jeanne P.. Bozhinovska
    New!Sign in and click the star to save this translation into your Phrasebook.
    Sign inDismiss
  • Risto the Great
    • Sep 2008

Greece, remember who at least 10% of your population are. The Albanians might soon start making some demands for themselves over there.

Either way, we know the Greeks will try to work with anyone who is against Macedonia (like the ruling government coalition).
    Risto the Great
    MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
    "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Stojacanec
      • Dec 2009

There is a fundamental problem with these settlers that can't come to terms with a Macedonian sovereign nation.

We must find a cure for the cause of the mental illness the settlers possess not a cure for the symptoms.

Comment

• Risto the Great
        • Sep 2008

Macedonians can't come to terms with a Macedonian sovereign nation.
        As a consequence, everyone else is confident that their agenda can be fulfilled.
        Risto the Great
        MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
        "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

Working...
        X