X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TrueMacedonian
    • Jan 2009

U.S. nurse caught stealing ancient Macedonian coins

SKOPJE, Macedonia — An American who was caught trying to leave Macedonia with more than 200 ancient coins has been convicted of violating the country’s strict law protecting it archaeol…

Macedonia bans U.S. nurse from returning for 10 years over ancient coins
    Candace Lynn Dunlap, a nurse from Meridian, Alabama, was arrested at the country’s main airport with 256 ancient coins in her carry-on luggage. Some estimate the coins were up to 2,200 years old.

SKOPJE, Macedonia — An American who was caught trying to leave Macedonia with more than 200 ancient coins has been convicted of violating the country's strict law protecting it archaeological heritage and given a two-year suspended sentence.

In Wednesday's ruling, the court also banned 45-year-old Candace Lynn Dunlap, a nurse from Meridian, Alabama, from returning to Macedonia for 10 years.

Dunlap was arrested at the country's main airport last month with 256 coins in her carry-on luggage. Local news media said the coins were up to 2,200 years old.

The defendant said she was given the coins by a Macedonian man as a present and was unaware of any wrongdoing.

Dunlap was due to leave Macedonia late Wednesday night.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/worl...#ixzz2AFdESBvR
    Slayer Of The Modern "greek" Myth!!!
  • Macedonian_Nationalist
    • Jul 2012

You can't fuck with the law, lady.

Comment

• Bill77
      • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Macedonian_Nationalist View Post
      You can't fuck with the law, lady.
      Unless you are willing to pass some under the table to Macedonian authorities.
      http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• makedonche
        • Oct 2008

Stealing Macedonian history......maybe we should insist on the US changing their name? or imposing a Framework Agreement on them? or imposing Albanian as an official language on their passports!
        On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• Vangelovski
          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Bill77 View Post
          Unless you are willing to pass some under the table to Macedonian authorities.
          That was her mistake - she didn't spread the love.
          If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• George S.
            • Aug 2009

That must be a tip of the iceberg.How much goes through undtected.I remember years ago before the law forbidding of selling of macedonian historical artifacts.Someone in mavrinci found a macedonian helmet.The greeks would have paid about 1 million marks for the helmet.They would have said they found it in northern greece.Lucky the person handed it to the rom govt archaelogy dept.
            "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
            GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Bill77
              • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Vangelovski View Post
              That was her mistake - she didn't spread the love.
              hahaha well she should have known it works for Greeks, Albanians, Bulgarians......well anyone for that matter of fact, our people with any authority from private business owners to Government are corrupt bastards. Dollar comes before else.
              http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• George S.
                • Aug 2009

welkl there is a case that some people will sell their soul for love but there are others who will sell antiquity for a whole lot more.,With so much corruption people turn a blind eye.
                "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• DedoAleko
                  • Jun 2009

American deported from country, gets 2 years parole for trafficking ancient artefacts

A judge in Skopje, Macedonia ruled early today that an American woman (Candi Dunlap), accused of trying to smuggle 256 coins out of the country considered historical artifacts by the government, will be released, but that she’s banned from entering Macedonia for 10 years.

Dunlap also must serve a two-year parole from Macedonia in the United States.

Dunlap has been jailed since Sept. 28 in Skopje. Macedonian Customs officials said they found the coins and several other ancient historical artifacts in her carry-on luggage when she and members of a medical mission team from Fifteenth Avenue Baptist Church in Meridian were leaving the country. Dunlap has said she received the coins as a gift from a Macedonian citizen and that she had no idea of their value or that they couldn’t be transported.

The Macedonian Customs officials had difficult time believing Dunlop's story. "A single coin which is worth good money, maybe was a gift, maybe... but 256 ancient coins?" an anonymous Customs official was quoted as saying.

The Skopje judge too had major doubts about Dunlop's story, hence the verdict.

izvor: http://macedoniaonline.eu/content/view/22085/45/

Comment

Working...
                  X