X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DraganOfStip
    • Aug 2011

Macedonian leads Sydney Swans to the title

You aussies are for sure familiar with this guy of ours,the sports news say he was the one that scored the winning points for his team and practically secured them the title.Braos be tipce

”A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims... but accomplices”
    ― George Orwell
  • Macedonian_Nationalist
    • Jul 2012

Well done Nick!

Pissed off all the Hawks fans

Comment

• Bij
      • Oct 2009

Nick did a great job, and I'm really proud of him, but he is Macedonian by name only.

Comment

• makedonche
        • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Bij View Post
        Nick did a great job, and I'm really proud of him, but he is Macedonian by name only.
        Bij
        How so?
        On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• EgejskaMakedonia
          • Jan 2010

Cmon guys, this is old news now...nobody cares about who won the grand final anymore.

Comment

• Bij
            • Oct 2009

Originally posted by makedonche View Post
            Bij
            How so?
            If someone doesn't really identify as a Macedonian, are they a macedonian because of blood line?

Nicks dad is Macedonian, mum is something else (hungarian or lithuanian, i think). they split a while ago and he grew up with his mum. Doesn't speak macedonian, doesn't understand macedonian, doesn't affiliate with any macedonians, doesn't have much of a cultural understanding or connection.

Comment

• Momce Makedonce
              • Jul 2012

If someone doesn't really identify as a Macedonian, are they a macedonian because of blood line?

Nicks dad is Macedonian, mum is something else (hungarian or lithuanian, i think). they split a while ago and he grew up with his mum. Doesn't speak macedonian, doesn't understand macedonian, doesn't affiliate with any macedonians, doesn't have much of a cultural understanding or connection.
              Wow That is a bit of a blow... I was convinced he was one of those woggy type of Maco`s who teaches his team mates of all the Macedonian swear words. How did you find that out by the way??
              "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task." Goce Delcev

Comment

• makedonche
                • Oct 2008

Bij
                Good question! I had no idea of all this info. ....thanks, certainly raises more questions than it answers!
                On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• Bij
                  • Oct 2009

Associate

Originally posted by Momce Makedonce View Post
                  Wow That is a bit of a blow... I was convinced he was one of those woggy type of Maco`s who teaches his team mates of all the Macedonian swear words. How did you find that out by the way??
                  I'm not saying he hates Macedonians, he has just never really been that much a part of it. I don't know that it's really his fault, just a victim of circumstance.

I would rather his name be up in papers and for him to accept that people think of him as Macedonian, than for him to have his name and act like something else (i.e. any of the egejci sports people who allow themselves to be called greeks in the papers).

I met him a few years ago at a QBE corporate event that a guy I was seeing invited me to, and he told me he couldn't speak or understand any macedonian and just shrugged the conversation off.

A few years later I met someone from his family who told me the back story.

Comment

• makedonche
                    • Oct 2008

I'm not saying he hates Macedonians, he has just never really been that much a part of it. I don't know that it's really his fault, just a victim of circumstance.

I would rather his name be up in papers and for him to accept that people think of him as Macedonian, than for him to have his name and act like something else (i.e. any of the egejci sports people who allow themselves to be called greeks in the papers).

I met him a few years ago at a QBE corporate event that a guy I was seeing invited me to, and he told me he couldn't speak or understand any macedonian and just shrugged the conversation off.

A few years later I met someone from his family who told me the back story.
                    Bij
                    That's truly sad, it hasn't taken much for "Macedonism" to be diluted from patriotism. Amazing how our forefathers fought and died to be known as Macedonians and when a Macedonian finally has the spotlight on a national and almost international level.......couldn't give a shit, or isn't really that interested in his roots!

Comment

• Risto the Great
                      • Sep 2008

Oh c'mon. Maybe his father was a prick and his Mother raised him by herself. Too much guessing going on.
                      Risto the Great
                      MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                      "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Momce Makedonce
                        • Jul 2012

Bij
                        That's truly sad, it hasn't taken much for "Macedonism" to be diluted from patriotism. Amazing how our forefathers fought and died to be known as Macedonians and when a Macedonian finally has the spotlight on a national and almost international level.......couldn't give a shit, or isn't really that interested in his roots!
                        . In my age bracket most Macedonians just dont know and cant be bothered to find out more... Very sad to see
                        "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task." Goce Delcev

Comment

• makedonche
                          • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Momce Makedonce View Post
                          . In my age bracket most Macedonians just dont know and cant be bothered to find out more... Very sad to see
                          Momce Makedonce
                          Very sad to see indeed, with the internet now and all the information here on the MTO, it surprises me more young people haven't taken to the forum for a bit of cold hard truth!

Comment

• EgejskaMakedonia
                            • Jan 2010

Momce Makedonce
                            Very sad to see indeed, with the internet now and all the information here on the MTO, it surprises me more young people haven't taken to the forum for a bit of cold hard truth!
                            Makedonche, it's a very unfortunate situation. What bewilders me is why many young Macedonians couldn't care less. Macedonia has such a rich history and culture, and anyone with the slightest appreciation of their heritage would cherish to be a part of it.

It surprises me as well. Our generation has access to so much information regarding Macedonia, yet many choose not to give it a second thought. It makes me worry about future generations. Will they even know where they come from? Hopefully a few have an identity awakening and go on a search to find out who they really are.

Comment

• United MKD
                              • Jul 2011

Momce Makedonce
                              Who cares about learning hisotry or culture about your motherland it's all about getting sleeve tattoos or becoming a druggie and joining a bikie club so you're feared by all your peers. Being intelligent isn't cool.

Comment

Working...
                              X