• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Risto the Great
    • Sep 2008

Albanians killed during timber theft in Macedonia

Tuesday, 04 September 2012

Albanian citizen Genci Halili (25) died Sunday afternoon in an accident while stealing timber in the Macedonian village of Mislodezda.

- Genci and his brother Erion were cutting timber when around 17hrs of that afternoon, one of the logs fell on Genci killing him on the spot. His brother put him on a horse and brought him to Mislodezda, however upon arrival doctors were only able to confirm his death, says Stefan Dimovski, MoI, Ohrid.

The Halili brothers hailed from Albania's neighboring village of Rajce. Due to the tough economic situation in Albania, many of Albania's poor cross the Macedonian border illegally and steal live stock, cut timber and sell them back in Albania. There has been an alarming number of boats stolen from the Ohrid lake in the past 12 months, according to MoI.

Two months earlier, Petrit Lichi from the Albanian town of Librazd lost his life in Bukovo, between Ohrid and Resen while stealing timber with two other Albanians.
    Similarly to Genci Halili, Petrit Lichi was hit by a large tree branch while cutting down a tree.
    He too was transported to a local hospital where he was pronounced dead on arrival.
    Nothing like porous borders to encourage thievery. Probably stealing from other Albanians too.
    Risto the Great
    MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
    "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com
  • Vangelovski
    • Sep 2008

They should have watched the TV series Ax Men before going out logging. They would have learn't all about the hazards of being a lumber jack.
    If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• George S.
      • Aug 2009

Look at how easily they cross our borders.At the same time it does serve as a reminder that people stealing timber should know how to cut it safely but then it's asking too much.
      I'm surprised the albanians didn't resort to being victims & complained for the lax border restrictions.
      "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
      GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• MKPrilep
        • Mar 2009

the same between serbia and kosovo

A group of Kosmet Albanians that was steeling the wood from Serbian forest on the territory of the village of Macija Stena, near the Merdare administrative crossing, in the vicinity of Kursumlija, has fired shots this morning at a Gendarmerie unit, the TANJUG learns from Nebojsa Mihovilovic, the director of the forestry company Toplica, from that town. He has said that nobody has been injured in the incident, and the thieves ran away across the administrative line, towards Podujevo in Kosmet. Mihovilovic has added that before the arrival of the Gendarmerie, the wood stealers had cut down 200 trees. He points out that lately the Albanians are frequently entering the villages along the administrative line and looting Serbian forests.

Comment

• julie
          • May 2009

Stealing timber is just so trivial - they are bloody well stealing our country!!
          May the hand of god or their allah strike every Albanian and their offspring within Macedonia that has Albanian terroristic territorial claims upon Macedonia
          "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• George S.
            • Aug 2009

They think they are doing it for allah & we have aquisced to them by meeting their demands.Just think how better it is to stand up to them & grow some balls & say enough is enough you will behave like macedonian citizens & obey the rule of law & behaviour of all minorities.otherwise youre out.
            "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
            GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

Working...
            X