X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Carlin
    • Dec 2011

Albanians kill Macedonian man with Swiss passport

SKOPJE -- A Macedonian man who was seriously injured when two ethnic Albanians assaulted him last week has succumbed to his injuries.

65-year-old Krste Sterjoski was assaulted by two men in their early 20s late on Saturday in the town of Tetovo, in southwestern Macedonia, where ethnic Albanians are a majority.

The incident has brought back fears of renewed ethnic tensions, according to media reports.

Macedonian police spokesman Marijan Josifovski has confirmed that the attackers were ethnic Albanians, while the victim was a Macedonian.

One of his killers has been arrested while the other is still at large. Josifovski said that there was no information as to the motive behind the crime.

Sterjoski was a local businessman who held dual Macedonian-Swiss citizenship.

In March of last year, more than a dozen people were injured in clashes in Skopje and Tetovo - the incidents which highlighted the problems between the two communities which never completely recovered from the armed conflict in the early 2000s between ethnic Albanian rebels and the country's forces.

A peace treaty was signed in August 2001 that gave Albanians "more rights", reported the AFP news agency, and said they made up 25 percent of the country's population.

• Razer
    Banned
    • May 2012

This is just terrible!

Comment

• Momce Makedonce
      • Jul 2012

Bog da go prosti.
      Same story with these Shiptari every single time. I suppose that they were just 'defending' themselves. They must to get life in prison.
      "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task." Goce Delcev

Comment

• Čento
        • Mar 2012

Смрт за тие копилиња шиптарски!
        Last edited by Čento; 09-21-2012, 07:44 PM.
        Jас не познавам друг народ кој повеќе страдал од предавствата на своите синови - изроди како македонскиот

Гоце Делчев

Comment

• Risto the Great
          • Sep 2008

Protests by Macedonians in the streets of Tetovo? No chance.

I can't believe I was happy that they mentioned the murderers were ethnic Albanians. It represents a step forward that they can actually declare this. Only in Macedonia, where the majority fears the minority.
          Risto the Great
          MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
          "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• George S.
            • Aug 2009

They gfot tunnels arms etc macedonians would be slaughtered.
            "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
            GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Razer
              Banned
              • May 2012

In Bulgaria people talk that the Serbs could be behind those killings, trying to destabilize the ethnic peace in Macedonia...What do you think?

Comment

• Rogi
                • Sep 2008

Perhaps not directly relevant to this, however what is interesting to watch now is the illegal arms trade, particularly in the Islamic world and specifically after Libya's stockpiles have basically become so readily available.

When the mass looting of small arms and light weapons (SALW) took place in Albania in 1997, we saw organised terrorist groups start wars in Kosovo and Macedonia.

Comment

• Egejska
                  • Sep 2008

We continue to dig our own grave - slowly but surely.

bog da go prosti.

Originally posted by Razer View Post
                  In Bulgaria people talk that the Serbs could be behind those killings, trying to destabilize the ethnic peace in Macedonia...What do you think?
                  Anything is possible - it is the Balkans after all and personally, I would not be surprised.
                  An idea whose time has come, cannot be stopped by any army or any government.
                  Ron Paul.

Don't steal. The government hates competition.

Comment

• Big Bad Sven
                    • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                    Protests by Macedonians in the streets of Tetovo? No chance.
                    We will see the macedonians show their force in Tetovo when we win the next match of basketball or handball.

Comment

• Big Bad Sven
                      • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Razer View Post
                      I think the love affair/morbid fascination the bulgarian slavs is more worse and pathetic then what the macedonians have with the serbs.

The bulgarian slavs blame the serbs for everything, from the "creation" of the macedonians to all of modern day bulgaria's problem today. You guys seemed pretty scared by them

Comment

• Razer
                        Banned
                        • May 2012

Scared??!! No, we're concerned about the well being of Macedonians. And today Bulgaria is far, far ahead of Serbia so we don't really care about them anymore...If I was on your place, I would consider all options - that's all.

Comment

• Razer
                          Banned
                          • May 2012

But I think the Serbs are scared that one of their former Yogo states can surpass them and actually be better that them. Who benefits the most of Macedonia not joining the EU? Serbia.

Comment

• Razer
                            Banned
                            • May 2012

Originally posted by Big Bad Sven View Post
                            I think the love affair/morbid fascination the bulgarian slavs is more worse and pathetic then what the macedonians have with the serbs.
                            It's sad you feel that way, that's all I can say...Yes, we blame the Serbs for the mess that RoM is in today.

Comment

• DraganOfStip
                              • Aug 2011

Another Albanian "victim",allegedly shot by police while escaping.Let's see the protests now.And note the last sentence of the article

Инаку, братот на Вејсел, Гзим Максути се наоѓа во притвор откако пред неколку дена без причини уби седумдесет и деветгодишна старица во нејзиниот дом во Струга.
                              ”A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims... but accomplices”
                              ― George Orwell

Comment

Working...
                              X