• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DedoAleko
    • Jun 2009

For 10 euros to six European destinations

google translation

With Wizz Air for 10 euros to six European destinations

Hungarian Wizz Air with government subsidies in September will fly to six new destinations from Alexander the Great. Twice a week will operate to Milan Ajnthoven, Munich, Dortmunt, Malmo and thrice weekly to Basel. Tickets will have the lowest price without airport fees of 9.99 euros each way. In the future Wizz Air announced flight for Brussels. Subsidizing airlines will increase the number of tourists and allow cheap tickets. According to Vice Pesevski a 22% increased number of tourists in first four months of this year compared with same period last year. Total 306 million provided for grants for three years. Subsidy applied to two models - introduction of new destinations and number of passengers. By the end of the year at the Skopje airport will be engaged once a second company that supplies you with kerosene, announced Janakieski.

izvor: http://kanal5.com.mk/default.aspx?mI...&eventId=92619

Fantastic news!
  • slovenec zrinski
    • Sep 2008

Indeed fantastic Directly from Malmö to Skopje

Comment

• slovenec zrinski
      • Sep 2008

I used Wizz Air when I went from Malmö to Beograd and it is a very good company

Comment

• EgejskaMakedonia
        • Jan 2010

what the hell, 10 euros? That's like 13 bucks in Aussie dollars. Since when have airline tickets been so cheap over there. I have no idea how that would be profitable at all for the airline company.

Nevertheless, if it's true, then that's definitely good news.

Comment

• United MKD
          • Jul 2011

Also from October there will be direct flights from Dubai to Skopje with Fly Dubai which is good news for us from Australia.

Comment

• DedoAleko
            • Jun 2009

Originally posted by EgejskaMakedonia View Post
            what the hell, 10 euros? That's like 13 bucks in Aussie dollars. Since when have airline tickets been so cheap over there. I have no idea how that would be profitable at all for the airline company.

Nevertheless, if it's true, then that's definitely good news.
            Actually,it is not 10 euros Egejska. It says that the lowest price for one way ticket will start from 9,99 euros without airport taxes.
            And it will be profitable for the airline company because the state will subsidize the difference.
            Anyway, I was reading couple of weeks ago that the 2 way ticket will cost,more or less (probaly more: )around 75 euros.But that is still more than acceptable price!

Comment

• DedoAleko
              • Jun 2009

google translate:
              Hungarian airline Wizz Air with subsidies from the Government today announced the operation of six new destinations in Macedonia at prices in one direction with the included airport fees will range from 8.99 euros to 17.99 euros.

izvor: http://sitel.com.mk/dnevnik/biznis/v...-vo-makedonija

Comment

• George S.
                • Aug 2009

As long as they don't compromise safety like they did in 1992 why not.But 13 bucks ian't that a bit low??I find airlines that are doing this must be compromising something whether its maintenance etc.You just wait in the event of a breakdown.But you ;ook at the amount of subsidy is quite a bit i wonder if the govt will honor it.
                Last edited by George S.; 06-20-2012, 01:01 PM. Reason: edit
                "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• DedoAleko
                  • Jun 2009

Originally posted by George S. View Post
                  As long as they don't compromise safety like they did in 1992 why not.But 13 bucks ian't that a bit low??I find airlines that are doing this must be compromising something whether its maintenance etc.You just wait in the event of a breakdown.But you ;ook at the amount of subsidy is quite a bit i wonder if the govt will honor it.
                  George S. , the following 3 years the state will give 306mil. mkd to Wizz Air as a subvention. That's why the ticket price is this low.

Comment

• Phoenix
                    • Dec 2008

Originally posted by George S. View Post
                    I think pilots should be paid a shitload more money than a taxi driver and aircraft should be serviced by highly trained technicians and engineers operating from maintenance facilities in 1st world countries...not sure how much the 20 euro fare goes to creating a 'safe' flying experience in this case...???

I would rather walk than risk my life with those sort of operators...

Comment

Working...
                    X