• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Risto the Great
    • Sep 2008

Greek New Democracy accuses Macedonian leaders of destabilising the Balkans

04 June 2012 | 10:22 | FOCUS News Agency
    Home / Southeast Europe and Balkans
    Skopje. Macedonian President Gjorge Ivanov and his mentor – Prime Minister Nikola Gruevski, are destabilising the Balkans, said leader of Greece’s New Democracy party Antonis Samaras, writes Macedonian Vecer daily.

Samaras’ statement came in a commentary on the statement made by Gjorge Ivanov that Greece should respect court’s decisions. “The president of Macedonia shows that he had learned nothing from the latest summit of the Alliance. This way they continue destabilising the Balkans,” Samaras remarked.

The Macedonian president, on the other hand, refused to comment on Samaras’ statement.

Since we are speaking about a leader of a political party, which 20 years ago, together with Slobodan Milosevic, used to draw the new borders on the map of the Balkans, I would rather not make any commentary,” Ivanov said.

Vecer recalls that in 2008 Samaras said that Milosevic had offered him to draw the borders in the Balkans.
    A very Macedonian way of not making a comment. Nice.
    Risto the Great
    MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
    "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com
  • makedonche
    • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
    http://www.focus-fen.net/index.php?id=n279655

A very Macedonian way of not making a comment. Nice.
    RTG
    What a perfect opportunity gone begging!...here's what my response would have been.........

"WHEN SPEAKING OF DESTABILISING THE BALKANS, ONE SHOULD NOT THROW STONES IF THEY LIVE IN GLASSHOUSES. THE DEVASTATING EFFECT THAT GREECES' FISCAL AND POLITICAL POLICY IS HAVING, NOT JUST ON THE BALKANS, BUT THE ENTIRE EU AND SUBSEQUENTLY THE WORLD FINANCIAL MARKETS, SHOULD BE A WAKE UP CALL TO MR. SAMARAS THAT HE HAS FAR GREATER ISSUES TO CONCENTRATE ON THAN MAKING UNTIMELY AND UNWANTED REMARKS ON MATTERS OUTSIDE OF GREEK BORDERS!
    On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• George S.
      • Aug 2009

More stupid greek comments that's about it.If stupidity was a value to be sought after the greeks would win every time.What has geece achieved to bring itself on it's knees to bankruptcy.Reallly if it wasn't so silly it's beyond comprehension.So all they got left is to criticise their fellow neighbour.Also what is greece achieving with the dialogue with macedonia absolutely nothing.So Macedonia should close up it's borders & have nothing to do with the greeks.They aren't even capably of electing a proper functioning government.Stupidity in action again.Who cares what they think we should ignore them
      "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
      GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Coolski
        • Sep 2008

This is what snakes do. They attack when backed into a corner. Greece has been attacking since the fall of the Berlin wall.
        - Секој чоек и нација има можност да успеат колку шо си дозволуваат. Нема изговор.
        - Every human and nation has the ability to be as great or as weak as they allow themselves to be. No excuses.

Comment

• Stojacanec
          • Dec 2009

The Greeks wouldn't attack Macedonians under a Yugoslavia. That would have been suicide for them.

But now with our independence we are easy prey for the Greeks with a gypsy like intellect and German money.

Comment

• Coolski
            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Stojacanec View Post
            Greeks with a gypsy like intellect and German money.
            in a nutshell!
            - Секој чоек и нација има можност да успеат колку шо си дозволуваат. Нема изговор.
            - Every human and nation has the ability to be as great or as weak as they allow themselves to be. No excuses.

Comment

• makedonche
              • Oct 2008

Stojacanec

Greeks with a gypsy like intellect and German money.
              .........and those are their good points!
              On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• George S.
                • Aug 2009

they stole all that money with no intention of paying it back.I don't know how the german taxpayer can tolerate any more bs of austerity measures etc.They the germans should just take over 300 billion worth of real estate for germany.The greeks need to be out of the eu
                & zone completely.
                "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• George S.
                  • Aug 2009

the greeks have no right to blame others for their misfortunes.I s there anyone else besides themselves to blame??
                  GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• SirGeorge8600
                    • Jun 2011

Originally posted by George S. View Post
                    the greeks have no right to blame others for their misfortunes.I s there anyone else besides themselves to blame??
                    Yes!!! The politicians! Oh wait...they're Greek too.

Comment

• George S.
                      • Aug 2009

sir george how can the people put up with it.They should've revolted by now.Or out of the ashes a new party should arise that would get the job done & recognize macedonia & get on in the balkan area.
                      GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• George S.
                        • Aug 2009

I just heard the new democracy party is going to win by a small margin.I'm
                        led to beleive they are pro austerity measures but how can they govern with no mandate .They have to work hard justo stay in power.Whoever they go into coalition with they may give in to concessions to them.So they got more than they bargained for the best or the worst of both worlds.
                        Last edited by George S.; 06-17-2012, 02:37 PM.
                        GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• SirGeorge8600
                          • Jun 2011

Originally posted by George S. View Post
                          sir george how can the people put up with it.They should've revolted by now.Or out of the ashes a new party should arise that would get the job done & recognize macedonia & get on in the balkan area.

I guess corrupt politics have a long history in Greece. If you give the public sector enough benefits it will keep them hushed for years to come. As for revolted, what do you mean? Truth is, Greeks being Greeks, the protests are the biggest revolts you're going to see. At least that's my opinion. It's hard to see these protestors as revolutionaries when many are young, liberal, naiive, and then hitting the beaches and bars the next day with hopes of job openings in a broken economy.

There is a party like the one you describe I believe, The Rainbow party from what I've heard. To be honest, Macedonia isn't talked a lot about here in Greece among the common people. It's just a swaying of things. Much like when Macedonia was recognized in Greek textbooks and maps of the baby-boomers era.

Comment

Working...
                          X