• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vangelovski
    • Sep 2008

"Macdonian" Postal Service

Can't spell:

Who is running the Macedonian postal service? The answer can be somewhat surprising... the people who are running the post office aren't able to spell the name of their own country. Firms have been plagued with literacy problems since 2001, when people from the mountains who have never attended school or had the opportunity to come face to face with the Macedonian alphabet were put in high positions in both Government and state run companies.

The latest example is brought to you once again from postal service who decided to come up with a project called "Macedonia in EU" in which stamps would be created depicting the various capitals around the EU. With a minor error, the name of the country is missing an "E". Not the project manager, the editor nor the graphics department caught this error. Then again, you'd have to speak Macedonian and be familiar with the alphabet to catch this error?

The manager behind this project is Nexhat Alija. Feel free to contact him at [email protected] tel: ++389 2 240 18 51 Fax:++389 2 240 18 47.
    If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams
  • EgejskaMakedonia
    • Jan 2010

What a bunch of idiots. How unprofessional.

Comment

• Niko777
      • Oct 2010

The postal service is just an example of what is happening to the entire Macedonian government.

Comment

• EgejskaMakedonia
        • Jan 2010

Maybe this is Macedonia's latest proposal in regards to the 'name negotiations.' Makdonia...

Comment

• George S.
          • Aug 2009

5 years ago one of my relos was coming on a travel visa.They sent rhe documents to make it happen sooner to australia.They paid about $200 in postage the highest registration,we found the mail from ohrid to skopje got lost in skopje.But what happened it was sent to london for some reason.Someone trampled on it like a herd of elephants.The head guy was an albanian in skopje. We had it resent again through a private courier DHL for $250 dollars it arrived in OZ 48 hours & Later you could track it on the internet.
          After 3 months In London the original post showed up just as the relos left australia.Makdonian post i wouldn't trust them with my life.They don't have avenues of complaint ,i'm still waiting on an answer?
          Last edited by George S.; 05-13-2012, 03:22 PM. Reason: ed
          "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
          GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Stojacanec
            • Dec 2009

This is not exactly a postal service example as I would never trust the Macedonian postal service......

In 2005 I went to Maco. On entering Skopje apparently I didn't get something done on my visa while in Aust. The employee at the gate in Skopje got annoyed with me because this wasn't done. I then had to go to an office where she stamped something and wrote something down. I think it took her about 5 minutes. Point is she made me feel incompetent.

Bottom line is I took her as being lazy and arrogant because she maybe had to actually work.

When you work in tourism, the first thing you should learn is respect for the tourists as they are going to spend their money in your country. And you want them to come back again.

Some people just have no idea.

Comment

• George S.
              • Aug 2009

A few years ago my relatives from perth tried go to greece & the passport had place of birth MKD.So when the officials saw that they got it & spat on it & then they walked all over it.Then they just threw it away.He never saw such racist feeling of people mistreating each other.Also when they tried to show that they had an australian passport
              the spat on that & threw it away.How ridiculous.The bottom line do postal workers know when they issue a passport to give the correct abbreviations of a country & not something else.
              "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
              GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Brian
                Banned
                • Oct 2011

Do you see where 'racial quotas' get you - incompetents hired because of their ethnic background. I'll bet noone get's fired over this. But a more interesting question is if these people have lived in Macedonia all their lives and so have been exposed to and educated in the Macedonian language why are they so poor at it to miss such a ridiculous error? Maybe because they have so little interest in the Macedonian language they were staring out the window in class at the time or is it another deliberate petty 'up yours' to Macedonia and Macedonians and make the state waste money reprinting the stamps?

Comment

• ProMKD
                  • Oct 2011

When it comes to spelling mistakes, I go insane and I can see the examples everywhere in Macedonia. It's retarded.

As for the postal service's actual service, I've always had good experience.
                  www.everythingmacedonia.com
                  Support tourism to Macedonia!

Comment

• Brian
                    Banned
                    • Oct 2011

Originally posted by ProMKD View Post
                    When it comes to spelling mistakes, I go insane and I can see the examples everywhere in Macedonia. It's retarded.

As for the postal service's actual service, I've always had good experience.
                    Yeah well you can't get carrying a sack of mail to far wrong - it's not like you need to spell.

Comment

• George S.
                      • Aug 2009

in the collection of stamps numastics misspellings can make the stamps very valuable.
                      GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• ProMKD
                        • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Brian View Post
                        Yeah well you can't get carrying a sack of mail to far wrong - it's not like you need to spell.
                        Thanks for that pointless and stupid comment.

I didn't notice this earlier in the thread, sorry if it's a repeat:

The manager behind this project is Nexhat Alija. Feel free to contact him at [email protected] tel: ++389 2 240 18 51 Fax:++389 2 240 18 47.

EMAIL THIS BASTARD
                        Last edited by ProMKD; 05-14-2012, 10:13 PM.
                        www.everythingmacedonia.com
                        Support tourism to Macedonia!

Comment

• Brian
                          Banned
                          • Oct 2011

Originally posted by ProMKD View Post
                          Thanks for that pointless and stupid comment.

I didn't notice this earlier in the thread, sorry if it's a repeat:

EMAIL THIS BASTARD
                          The point was if you have to hire some Albanians then give the a sack of mail to deliver where their lack of spelling cannot get them too far wrong - did we step on any little postal toes, did we Cliffie?

(I've been watching some old episodes of the "Cheers" TV show - Cliff Clavin, the postman character.)
                          Last edited by Brian; 05-15-2012, 10:23 PM.

Comment

• Makedonska_Kafana
                            • Aug 2010

"Macdonian" Postal Service (UMD)?
                            http://www.makedonskakafana.com

Macedonia for the Macedonians

Comment

• julie
                              • May 2009

Originally posted by Stojacanec View Post
                              This is not exactly a postal service example as I would never trust the Macedonian postal service......

In 2005 I went to Maco. On entering Skopje apparently I didn't get something done on my visa while in Aust. The employee at the gate in Skopje got annoyed with me because this wasn't done. I then had to go to an office where she stamped something and wrote something down. I think it took her about 5 minutes. Point is she made me feel incompetent.

Bottom line is I took her as being lazy and arrogant because she maybe had to actually work.

When you work in tourism, the first thing you should learn is respect for the tourists as they are going to spend their money in your country. And you want them to come back again.

Some people just have no idea.
                              Last year travelling from Oz to Macedonia via London, Scotland and Ireland first had us paying exorbitant excess luggage fees domestically, got to Ohrid halfway through our trip and decided to send some packages home to Oz save the huge excess taking it to Istanbul, and back to Mak again.....the fun started

walked into the main post office , was told to buy the packages from next door to box them in.....back to hotel, packed , labelled and back to post office.....in Macedonia there is a thing called lack of courtesy, woman jumps in ahead of us in the queue with a SEALED box to send....we get there, I asked for masking tape to seal, bored woman behind counter perks up.....no no no, cannot be sealed under any circumstances must go via Skopje first then Oz.....Brendon looks at her, as she is berating me in Macedonia to even contemplate sending a sealed box to Oz which had already declared as souvenirs and clothing etc.....says.....you are not having a friggin lucky dip with our goods...needless to say after over 1 grand just in excess baggage, we brought the goods back with us

I have an issue with the "government" workers, who have sweared allegiance to thievery and rudeness

On arriving at Skopje airport from Turkey.....as Brendon has no knowledge of Macedonian, we go to information counter to organise hire vehicle.....woman in booth bored and on a personal call would not even establish eye contact with me.....still chatting to her sister about the dreadful hairdresser....Brendon was horrified....I loudly begged her pardon, she spoke into the phone apologising profusely for interruption...and loudly yells what do you want with disdain....

This was similar to the service Ohrid postal service....if Macedonia wants to establish a good name in regards to tourism, whatever do other nationalities think of the disgusting service they provide....as for MACDONIAN

ARNO NI SE PRAVI......SHTO NA MAJKAMU BARAT DA KLAVAT SHIPTARSKI KUCHINA VO OVIE POSITZI
                              "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

Working...
                              X