X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Risto the Great
    • Sep 2008

Miroslav Grčev - The Traitor

While foreigners are often caustic in their appreciation of Skopje’s controversial revamp, some comparing it to Disneyland, the local artistic community is keeping strangely quiet.

Architect and Professor Miroslav Grcev is another trenchant critic of Skopje 2014. His says most artists have kept quiet because the country is sliding into a kind of one-party dictatorship.

“The assumption that Macedonia is a democratic society is totally wrong. Our society is becoming a quiet and soft dictatorship,” he said. “Institutions are there only to execute one political will.”

Grcev argues that not only artists but lawyers and judges, engineers, doctors, professors have also been silenced.

“They [the authorities] use the same techniques when they need to subdue people, corrupting those who have no moral problems and making them their servants.

“Then they destroy those that oppose them. They keep the majority in fear, with the threat: if you keep silent, you won’t be hurt,” he said.

“Only a few who remain unstained raise their voice against this, while the majority is patient, and silently waits for better times,” he added. “This is natural behavior in a totalitarian social system!”
    So, is Macedonia being ruled by "a quiet and soft dictatorship"?
    0%
    0%
    Risto the Great
    MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
    "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com
  • Volk
    • Sep 2008

I cant this see this poll having any relevance unless the majority of people voting in it actually live in Macedonia.

Particularly when its a simple Yes or No question.
    Makedonija vo Srce

Comment

• Vangelovski
      • Sep 2008

Volk, lets face it, you can't see much at all. Why would those voting in it need to be living in Macedonia? Do you think everyone is as intellectually inept as you? Can't you process the information coming out of Macedonia and make a judgement on whether it meets democratic standards?
      If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Risto the Great
        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Volk View Post
        I cant this see this poll having any relevance unless the majority of people voting in it actually live in Macedonia.

Particularly when its a simple Yes or No question.
        Volk, you have commented on the thoughts or mindsets of Macedonians in Macedonia in the past. I am sure you try to keep yourself up to date with the political landscape in Macedonia. Do you disagree with the Professor's assessment? Yes or No?
        Risto the Great

Comment

• Volk
          • Sep 2008

Macedonia is more democratic than the USA.

One could argue Macedonia has reacted in a 'totalitarian' way by shutting media outlets that are funded by foreign powers that seek to destroy us.

Or jailing bishops that wish to create a parallel church that is run in Belgrade and Athens and denies Macedonian ethnicity.

But no your right, let them run rampant, SDS can come to power and Macedonia can change its name, language and everything else to they can be admitted to the glorious EU and NATO where all of our wildest wet dreams will come true.

Volk, lets face it, you can't see much at all. Why would those voting in it need to be living in Macedonia? Do you think everyone is as intellectually inept as you?
          You boast your doing a PhD yet your completely incapable of understanding simple statements...

Lets revisit:
          I cant this see this poll having any relevance unless the majority of people voting in it actually live in Macedonia
          I never stated everyone voting "needs to be living in Macedonia", it simply gives a more accurate picture for people to be expressing themselves about the way of life in a particular place, when they actually live there.
          Makedonija vo Srce

Comment

• Vangelovski
            • Sep 2008

Volk, how is Macedonia "more democratic" than the US.

Why do the "majority" of people voting in the poll need to live in Macedonia? I'll ask my question again - are you incapable of analysing the information coming out of Macedonia and assessing whether Macedonia meets democratic standards? If so, why do you assume everyone else is?
            If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Bill77
              • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Risto the Great
              http://www.balkaninsight.com/en/arti...er-skopje-2014

So, is Macedonia being ruled by "a quiet and soft dictatorship"?
              They are soft, i can't argue with that.
              But is it a dictatorship? thats ridiculous. Which makes me suspicious about this Miroslav Grcev.
              http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• Risto the Great
                • Sep 2008

But no your right, let them run rampant, SDS can come to power and Macedonia can change its name, language and everything else to they can be admitted to the glorious EU and NATO where all of our wildest wet dreams will come true.
                The minimum I can gain from your statement above is that DPmNE is not as bad as SDSm. This could be construed as synonymous with the battered housewife syndrome. That the lesser of evils is a good thing. Obviously Macedonians need political leadership that is far superior to both SDSm & DPmNE's brands.

But none of that really has anything to do with the topic raised in this thread.

Macedonia is still a backwards country that only allows people in favour with the ruling government to prosper. Which pretty much means Macedonia is being ruled by "a quiet and soft dictatorship"
                Risto the Great

Comment

• Dejan
                  • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                  Macedonia is still a backwards country that only allows people in favour with the ruling government to prosper. Which pretty much means Macedonia is being ruled by "a quiet and soft dictatorship"
                  You hit the nail on the head.
                  You want Macedonia? Come and take it from my blood!

A prosperous, independent and free Macedonia for Macedonians will be the ultimate revenge to our enemies.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Bill77 View Post
                    But is it a dictatorship? thats ridiculous.
                    I know what you mean.
                    But, I suspect it is difficult to accept this notion because the "saviour" of Macedonia would then have to be understood as the person to blame for Macedonia's presently self-imposed identity crisis.

Bill, do you accept that your chance of succeeding in Macedonia is heavily reliant on being in favour with the DPmNE ruling coalition? That if you oppose the DPmNE coalition, you will have no chance?

I believe DPmNE is destroying the Macedonian nation in a way that is less immediate than SDSm would if given the opportunity.
                    Risto the Great

Comment

• Vangelovski
                      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Bill77 View Post
                      But is it a dictatorship? thats ridiculous. Which makes me suspicious about this Miroslav Grcev.
                      Its not ridiculous at all. In fact, its probably the most accurate way to describe the Macedonian Government regardless of the four yearly election cycle. The difference between Macedonia and actual democratic governments is that democratic governments constantly consult with the body of citizens, whereas Macedonian Governments, once they obtain power, rule according to their own will ignoring all democratic conventions/practices.

Comment

• Volk
                        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                        By this definition, every party which has held government in Macedonia has been, "a quiet and soft dictatorship"... Which contradicts itself because dictatorships do not allow themselves to be voted out of office.

Further by picking such a dubious source for Macedonia's "dictatorship", Miroslav Grcev (who actually designed the current glorious flag LOL) & is sleeping in bed with such anti- Macedonians like Branko Crvenkovski & Vladimir Milcin really adds weight to YOURS and HIS argument.
                        Last edited by Volk; 01-30-2012, 11:56 PM.
                        Makedonija vo Srce

Comment

• Vangelovski
                          • Sep 2008

By this definition, every party which has held government in Macedonia has been, "a quiet and soft dictatorship"... Which contradicts itself because dictatorships do not allow themselves to be voted out of office.
                          That is a very simplistic view - see my post immediately above yours.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                            • Sep 2008

I would call it leadership "Macedonian Style".

You would have to be careful with your above statement because it can then only be understood that the sole people to blame for Macedonia's identity crisis is the voting public.
                            Risto the Great

Comment

• Volk
                              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Vangelovski View Post
                              That is a very simplistic view - see my post immediately above yours.
                              That sentence was in relation to Risto's comment, your statement above is irrelevant.. But I would expect nothing else from someone that has not lived in Macedonia, yet believes he is an expert in daily life.
                              Makedonija vo Srce

Comment

Working...
                              X