X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dimko-piperkata
    • Sep 2008

Greece bans Macedonians with foreign Passports

Days ahead of the Hague decision, Macedonia's southern neighbor has upped the ante when it comes to Macedonians with foreign passports whose place of birth is Macedonia.

Athens has informed the Macedonian ministry (?) they will no longer allow ethnic Macedonians with foreign passports to enter Greece. These are usually US, Canadian, Australian and New Zealand passport holders.

Although the explanation from offiicial Athens is they don't like to see the name Macedonia as the place of birth, many of these Macedonians hail from the Aegean part hence Athens views them as a 'threat' to their national sovereignty.

Macedonian passport holders for instance have no trouble entering Greece.
    http://macedoniaonline.eu/content/view/19666/45/

the new "sub-saharan" government is approx. one week in power...they give a shit about their economical problems...

good to see that we macedonians drive them over the edge
    1) Macedonians belong to the "older" Mediterranean substratum...
    2) Macedonians are not related with geographically close Greeks, who do not belong to the "older" Mediterranenan substratum...
  • DirtyCodingHabitz
    • Sep 2010

These are usually US, Canadian, Australian and New Zealand passport holders... Athens views them as a 'threat' to their national sovereignty.
    Paranoid much? I think these greek politicians need to see Dr. Phil asap.

Comment

• Zarni
      Banned
      • May 2011

This is a very serious and blatant attack on the fundamental pillar of association and movement to discriminate soley on a individuals place of Birth cannot and must not be tolerated but in our case it will not make a ripple any were and be unchallenged

Comment

• Brian
        Banned
        • Oct 2011

Can they actually do this? They are stopping USA, Canada, Australia ect citizens from traveling. Can't the people/local organisations complain to their governments? Where's the UMD (Hahahaha) when you need them?

Comment

• Phoenix
          • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Dimko-piperkata View Post
          http://macedoniaonline.eu/content/view/19666/45/

the new "sub-saharan" government is approx. one week in power...they give a shit about their economical problems...

good to see that we macedonians drive them over the edge
          Australian passports only show the city of birth (i'm assuming this is normal passport convention to only show the city of birth)...so I don't understand what the problem is for our little bouzouki playing customs officials...as for the 'place of birth', (city/village) if its in modern greece and its not shown as the modern 'greek' name for that place then you have no fuckin' chance of getting into modern greece.
          Last edited by Phoenix; 11-27-2011, 05:58 AM.

Comment

• George S.
            • Aug 2009

Exactly phoenix these greek shits feel they have to take it to the nth degree.If a person is born in a city what's the big deal.So after hasling say an outside tourist with a macedonian passport say he is born in a greek macedonian city.After interogoating them they find out they are macedonians they refuse to accept them .They think that they can discriminate.That just reveals what a bunch of nazis the greeks are they feel threatened by a few visitors to their country.Is there anything more stupid than this to hinder free travel within a democratic country so called democratic.
            "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
            GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• ProMKD
              • Oct 2011

They are discriminatory pigs. If this happened to you or someone you know, tell them to immediately complain to the nearest embassy or consulate of the country for which passport they hold, and don't stop complaining until you get some sort of answer.
              www.everythingmacedonia.com
              Support tourism to Macedonia!

Comment

• George S.
                • Aug 2009

Promkd maybe with the modern democracy & international law people could mount some sort of class action not only on returning to the place of birth but also getting their properties back.I think someone said they are thinking of doing it how far they are i don't know.If greece could be bought before an international court for human rights etc i'm sure they will lose (greece).How can they identify as a democracy & break every human rightslaw in the world.The 1948 child refugees were thinking of mounting a class action against greece.
                By world standards it should be expelled from the eu ,the un etc .Maybe someone could take the gudgel to the un ,nato,& the eu the bastards should be kicked out of these organizations not just to veto little country like macedonia.If they can veto us we can get them booted out of world organizations of which they are completely unfit to be in.
                Last edited by George S.; 11-27-2011, 06:17 PM. Reason: ed
                "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Stojacanec
                  • Dec 2009

What! only now? I only need to go to the duty free shop which was at the Gevgelija border crossing and I will waiting in the car where my cousin went to sort out the passports. It took around 45 minutes. Lucky for me she knew someone that knew someone else and then eventually i got through. Come to think of it, if I tried that myself they probably wouldn't have let me through. They are discriminating pigs to say the least.

Comment

• Coolski
                    • Sep 2008

This is so ridiculous.

Earlier this year my Aussie (non ethnic-Macedonian) friends visited Macedonia with me, and my cousin drove them to Solun to catch their flights to continue their journeys. Because my cousin drove them, and is Macedonian, they stopped them at the border, because they will not allow Macedonian taxi drivers to drive customers in Greece. They force them to stop, make the customers walk, and catch some overpriced and dishonest greek-style taxi from Greece.

My cousin isnt even a taxi driver, yet they held my friends up on that suspicion. That isn't the worst part though.

My cousin called me up from the border explaining to me what happened, and put the border guard on the phone. Given he was a Greek border guard I assumed he would be conversing with me in English. Ne bre brate!! He was speaking an aegean dialect of Macedonian. He was asking me to name my friends by first and last name.

I felt so upset that my friends went through this, but at the same time they have understood how ridiculous and stupid the Greeks are and how ironic their situation is, given that the guy who was giving them the most trouble was a brainwashed Macedonian, thinking he is Greek. I had explained some of this idiocy to them in the past, but nothing is more confronting than being put through it! Even I didn't think it they would be that badly treated!
                    - Секој чоек и нација има можност да успеат колку шо си дозволуваат. Нема изговор.
                    - Every human and nation has the ability to be as great or as weak as they allow themselves to be. No excuses.

Comment

• ProMKD
                      • Oct 2011

It sucks that this happened to your friends, but at least they got to see the true side of things!

Comment

• George S.
                        • Aug 2009

A lot of people have stated that the greek border guards are ropable if you slip some money into the passport.I don't know how true it is.
                        GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• George S.
                          • Aug 2009

whatever happened to holding steadfast to what you got.That includes our name & our 16 ray sun!Was it too hard to say no or were'they too scared of greece??
                          GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• ProMKD
                            • Oct 2011

Originally posted by George S. View Post
                            A lot of people have stated that the greek border guards are ropable if you slip some money into the passport.I don't know how true it is.
                            That's a quick way to go to jail!

Originally posted by George S. View Post
                            whatever happened to holding steadfast to what you got.That includes our name & our 16 ray sun!Was it too hard to say no or were'they too scared of greece??
                            I have no idea what you are talking about brother!

Comment

• George S.
                              • Aug 2009

// have no idea what you are talking about brother!//
                              Holding to what you had the 16 ray sun no one forced them to give it up did they..Where is the ability to say no.If they said no what would happen NOTHING! how stupid & silly have they the politicians become by immediately capitulating never asking the people what they wanted.
                              Pro mkd is that any clearer for you.
                              The ventilator is a self imposed flag that is in the circumstances they were ready to have anything as a flag as long as their masters were happy.The enslaved mind does that sound familiar.The ventilator is not worth the flag that' it's meant to be it doesn't represent freedom it represents slavery & serfdom ,yes master i will do anything for you.It's not democratic it is totally undemocratic.
                              Last edited by George S.; 11-28-2011, 12:35 AM. Reason: edit
                              GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

Working...
                              X