300,000 babies stolen from their parents and sold by the Catholic church in Spain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Onur
    • Apr 2010

300,000 babies stolen from their parents and sold by the Catholic church in Spain

Another crime by the catholic church has been recently exposed but this one is maybe the most devilish crime they have ever done, at least the exposed one.

According to the report, child trafficking started after the Spanish civil war. Spanish catholic church has sold around ~300.000 baby in Spain from 1930s to 1990s. They continued to do that for ~60 years and most by cooperating with the Spanish governments. They sold the babies of mostly left wing families and gave children to the devout catholic Spaniards to raise these kids or raised them themselves as obedient religious zealots.

300,000 babies stolen from their parents - and sold for adoption: Haunting BBC documentary exposes 50-year scandal of baby trafficking by the Catholic church in Spain
    Up to 300,000 Spanish babies were stolen from their parents and sold for adoption over a period of five decades, a new investigation reveals.

The children were trafficked by a secret network of doctors, nurses, priests and nuns in a widespread practice that began during General Franco’s dictatorship and continued until the early Nineties.

Hundreds of families who had babies taken from Spanish hospitals are now battling for an official government investigation into the scandal.
    Several mothers say they were told their first-born children had died during or soon after they gave birth.

But the women, often young and unmarried, were told they could not see the body of the infant or attend their burial.

In reality, the babies were sold to childless couples whose devout beliefs and financial security meant that they were seen as more appropriate parents.

Official documents were forged so the adoptive parents’ names were on the infants’ birth certificates.

In many cases it is believed they were unaware that the child they received had been stolen, as they were usually told the birth mother had given them up.

Journalist Katya Adler, who has investigated the scandal, says: ‘The situation is incredibly sad for thousands of people.

‘There are men and women across Spain whose lives have been turned upside-down by discovering the people they thought were their parents actually bought them for cash. There are also many mothers who have maintained for years that their babies did not die – and were labelled “hysterical” – but are now discovering that their child has probably been alive and brought up by somebody else all this time.’

Experts believe the cases may account for up to 15 per cent of the total adoptions that took place in Spain between 1960 and 1989.

It began as a system for taking children away from families deemed politically dangerous to the regime of General Franco, which began in 1939. The system continued after the dictator’s death in 1975 as the Catholic church continued to retain a powerful influence on public life, particularly in social services.

It was not until 1987 that the Spanish government, instead of hospitals, began to regulate adoptions.

The scandal came to light after two men, Antonio Barroso and Juan Luis Moreno, discovered they had been stolen as babies.

Mr Moreno’s ‘father’ confessed on his deathbed to having bought him as a baby from a priest in Zaragoza in northern Spain. He told his son he had been accompanied on the trip by Mr Barroso’s parents, who bought Antonio at the same time for 200,000 pesetas – a huge sum at the time.

‘That was the price of an apartment back then,’ Mr Barroso said. ‘My parents paid it in instalments over the course of ten years because they did not have enough money.’

DNA tests have proved that the couple who brought up Mr Barroso were not his biological parents and the nun who sold him has admitted to doing so.

When the pair made their case public, it prompted mothers all over the country to come forward with their own experiences of being told their babies had died, but never believing it. One such woman was Manoli Pagador, who has begun searching for her son.

A BBC documentary, This World: Spain’s Stolen Babies, follows her efforts to discover if he is Randy Ryder, a stolen baby who was brought up in Texas and is now aged 40.

In some cases, babies’ graves have been exhumed, revealing bones that belong to adults or animals. Some of the graves contained nothing at all.

The BBC documentary features an interview with an 89-year-old woman named Ines Perez, who admitted that a priest encouraged her to fake a pregnancy so she could be given a baby girl due to be born at Madrid’s San Ramon clinic in 1969. ‘The priest gave me padding to wear on my stomach,’ she says.

It is claimed that the San Ramon clinic was one of the major centres for the practice.

Many mothers who gave birth there claim that when they asked to see their child after being told it had died, they were shown a baby’s corpse that appeared to be freezing cold.

The BBC programme shows photographs taken in the Eighties of a dead baby kept in a freezer, allegedly to show grieving mothers.

Despite hundreds of families of babies who disappeared in Spanish hospitals calling on the government to open an investigation into the scandal, no nationally co-ordinated probe has taken place.

As a result of amnesty laws passed after Franco’s death, crimes that took place during his regime are usually not examined. Instead, regional prosecutors across the country are investigating each story on a case-by-case basis, with 900 currently under review.

But Ms Adler says: ‘There is very little political will to get to the bottom of the situation.’

There are believed to be thousands more cases that will never come to light because the stolen children fear their adoptive parents will be seen as criminals.

Many of the families of stolen babies have taken DNA tests in the hope of eventually being matched with their children. Some matches have already been made but, without a nationally co-ordinated database, reuniting lost relatives will be a very difficult process.

16th October 2011

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...rch-Spain.html

BBC: 300,000 Babies Stolen & Sold by Nuns, Catholic Church's 100-Year Child Trafficking Exposed - YouTube
    Child Trafficking: 300,000+ babies stolen by the Catholic Church in Spain: Global Alert - YouTube
    Spain's Stolen Children: Catholic Church Caught Child Trafficking 300,000 Kids to Sell in Adoption - YouTube

Church&governments in partners in crime, civil war, stolen 10.000s of kids and selling them for money... sounds familiar to you? Greek civil war perhaps???
  • fatso
    • Sep 2008

Actually it was the Turks who kidnapped young boys from the Christian homes and converted them to Islam.
    Here is what the Muslims are doing in Kosovo

A Special Investigative Task Force of the EU mission, EULEX, tasked with investigating the allegations contained in Dick Marty’s report on KLA organ trafficking, has started securing information on the case.

Comment

• Onur
      • Apr 2010

The scandal turned out to be a worldwide baby trafficking scheme organized by the catholic church.

This time in Australia;
      A catholic charity organization called "Sisters of Mercy" drugged over 150,000 women right after they gave birth and nuns either forced into giving up their babies for adoptions or the babies were stolen and sold for high amount of money. It turned out that catholic church did this in Australia in 1950-60 and 70s for about ~30 years and stole babies of 150.000 women.

Australia: Catholic Nuns drug 150,000 unwed mothers, stole their babies & sold in adoptions for $ - YouTube

Catholic Church Guilty of Baby Snatching in Australia: 150,000 babies stolen & sold in adoption - YouTube

Catholic church of Australia just apologizes for stealing ~150.000 babies (!!!) Is there anyone in the world who "can" punish them for what they did?
      Last edited by Onur; 10-31-2011, 03:19 PM.

Comment

• julie
        • May 2009

Hypocrites, in the name of religion, fundamentalism is being shown for what it is
        When a human soul can be bought for cash, no natural rights or justice, it purports what the Catholic church stands for - Money
        Materialism and greed , power and corruption, a blatant 20th century disease in this so called civilised world
        Those poor grieving mothers, absolutely disgusting
        "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• Sputnik
          • Oct 2011

I knew about this long ago.

Let me share with you all a sad and true story.

My dear mother, gave birth to a baby boy in 1968. A day later, my mother was told some shattering news her newborn son was not well. The baby was kept away from my mother for a few days after that.

My parents were new arrivals to Australia at that time, less than 10 months since arriving. They knew no English language except mabe some basic words (yes, no, hello,). A doctor and nurses confronted my mother with more devastating news. Her son is close to death. A proposal was forced onto both my parents, where they are to sign a document giving custody of the baby away where (i'm assuming) the state or hospital, takes care of the baby's final days and eventual burial at no cost to my parents. There was a condition though, that was my parents are to never enquire about their baby again. Why did they sign? you must consider their situation at the time. Such as Mental state after heart braking news their child is going to die, Due to being new arrivals in Australia, there were financial issues, linguistic issues, lack of family numbers to support. They were not fully aware or in any state to knowing what they were signing. An easy target.

They were given one last right to momentarily view (but don't touch) their baby boy before completely taken away. My fathers first words to my mother were "This is not our baby". He swears by it till today. I wander how many other mothers was shown the same poor sick baby and told its hers.

A few years ago i decided to do some investigating. There was so much inconsistencies which i will not go into detail, which confirms to me my mother is a victim of this stolen Generation 1950-60 and 70s.
          Last edited by Sputnik; 10-31-2011, 10:45 PM.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
            • Sep 2008

Sputnik, that is a terribly sad story, I am sorry for your family's loss. I would encourage you to keep investigating this in the hope that one day you are able to locate your brother (or find out what really happened) and get some closure for your parents.
            In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Sputnik
              • Oct 2011

Thanks SOM. And thanks to ONUR for bringing this up. This issue has been on my mind subconsciously and by sharing it, has just done something to me that made me more conscious of it and gave me will to fight on.

Its been 8 years since i investigated it. Some of the inconsistencies,
              (i would like to add my parents not having any rights to even name their child,doctors named this baby allegedly belonging to my parents "Roy". My parents also could not attend the funeral or know anything about it as to where or when it would be held).

Inconsistencies and reasons to further investigate;

A) The death certificate: States the Fathers name and surname correctly.
              But a different Mothers Given name, not even close to the Mothers to say it was a spelling error.

B) Cemetery: The registry office at the cemetery had on record of a burial of such baby (in a mas grave site). But the cause of death (on their record) was Still Born. My Brother lived 9 days, definitely not a still born.

DIFFICULTIES;
              The doctor who signed the death certificate is no longer alive.
              The hospital my brother was born no longer exists.

POSSIBILITIES;
              I can only work with finding out who would have been born in Melbourne in this particular hospital during June of 1968. At most, i give two births a day, 30 days in June= 60 divide by 2 (males and females) it gives me 30 people to chase up. The baby would not have gone to a European couple, most likely a English speaking, Australian couple that would have been able to financially afford to bye a baby at the time. Also, quite possibly, he would be a only child. Its a big task. But possible.

PS: if anyone can help by advising a department i should contact, or some type of investigator, my family will forever be greatfull.

Most likely i would have to go through freedom of information to get what i need regarding all the birth registries for June 1968 period.

Last resort would be exhumation of the burial site and DNA testing. But i am convinced he is alive somewhere.
              Last edited by Sputnik; 11-01-2011, 07:29 AM.

Comment

• makedonche
                • Oct 2008

Sputnik
                I am truly sorry for your predicament and wish you well in your endeavours for the truth! My suggestion would be the media for assistance - t.v.,newspapers, facebook etc., based on a human interest story- tied to the lost children coverage. It's important to research the media to see who has most recently done a story in the same vein and try to hitch a ride and get some free research!
                On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• Risto the Great
                  • Sep 2008

Sputnik, what a disturbing story.
                  Good luck with your quest for truth.
                  Risto the Great
                  MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                  "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Onur
                    • Apr 2010

Sputnik, i am so sad to hear that but it`s not that surprising because if they stole around ~150.000 babies, add their families, so there should be about a million people in Australia who are effected from this crime. Some should be aware of this and probably some of them are not even aware of their stolen babies.

This is a part of the two millenia old policy of society design [according to their beliefs] by the catholic church. They do this since Roman empire times. I am sure that it wasn't difficult to convince local nuns/priests to commit this crime. They probably told them something like "these babies will be atheist, communist sinful beings when they grow up. Take these babies from them, give them to the devout religious people and have them raise these children as devout catholics or at least raise these children in religious monasteries as priests/nuns". These are brainwashed people, so they were probably thinking like they were doing the right thing by helping to create new brainwashed generations, using these stolen babies.

Btw, if any other organization would commit this crime internationally, they would be no more but i am sure that catholic church would get away from this too. I don't think anyone in the world dares to touch them. They have immunity all around the world.
                    Last edited by Onur; 11-01-2011, 09:53 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X