• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TrueMacedonian
    • Jan 2009

DPA Sad, Panicking over Census

DPA Sad, Panicking over Census

Wednesday, 14 September 2011

DPA's leader Menduh Thaci is frustrated because he claims the Government does not plan on counting Albanians who are not Macedonian citizens in the upcoming census!

What's even worse, the Leaders of Brazil and China agree with Menduh Thaci, and they are also peeved that Brazilians and Chinese not living in Macedonia will not be counted in the census to take place in mid October.

"Many Albanians who live abroad will not be counted, including the ones who live in Macedonia and are not citizens." stated Thaci (with a straight face) at a press conference. Thaci was referring to Albanians in Kosovo who during last census were counted as "Macedonian" citizens. Thaci urged everyone to boycot the census.

According to DPA's leader, Albanians living abroad should also be counted, otherwise how else would they reach 23% of the population? And he is right, during the last census villages of 200 people turned out to have 2,000 people during the census!

No word whether the leaders of Brazil and China will also boycot the census for not counting their residents as Macedonian citizens.
    Slayer Of The Modern "greek" Myth!!!
  • Risto the Great
    • Sep 2008

I was wondering about that census this morning strangely enough.

Thaci has a point, what would happen if people who should not be living in Macedonia are not counted. I mean, they have no legal authority to live in Macedonia but surely deserve the same rights as any other guest in the country .... you know .... changing everything into their native language, allowing them to show their national flag prominently and starting wars backed by other nations. All is fair I suppose.
    Risto the Great
    MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
    "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Bill77
      • Oct 2009

How about the Eskimos?

would they be counted?????? Thats frigan racism. I will take this to the centre of Skopje and picket with all my Eskimo mates, its disgusting.

What a mad mad world.
      http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• Onur
        • Apr 2010

I didn't understand this. Is there any country in the world who counts non-citizens? Macedonia does that?

Afaik, to be included in a census, you gotta hold a valid ID card of that particular state, the foreigner guests doesn't get counted because they are guests afterall. They get counted but only for other statistical purposes but not to be included in national population statistics.
        Last edited by Onur; 09-14-2011, 08:31 PM.

Comment

• Vangelovski
          • Sep 2008

To be fair, most countries in the world count people living in the country, whether they are citizens or not. What they do not count is citizens living abroad. The whole purpose of a census is to know who is living in the country and their basic social/economic data, not their citizenship status - that information is already available.

The problem with DPA and many other Albanians is that they want it both ways.
          If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• DirtyCodingHabitz
            • Sep 2010

What's even worse, the Leaders of Brazil and China agree with Menduh Thaci, and they are also peeved that Brazilians and Chinese not living in Macedonia will not be counted in the census to take place in mid October.
            Was this a joke, or did I misread the sentence? How about they boycot albania, greece and bulgaria first.

Originally posted by Onur View Post
            I didn't understand this. Is there any country in the world who counts non-citizens? Macedonia does that?

Afaik, to be included in a census, you gotta hold a valid ID card of that particular state, the foreigner guests doesn't get counted because they are guests afterall. They get counted but only for other statistical purposes but not to be included in national population statistics.
            You're right. citizens of the country should be counted in the national census, guests should be counted as guests or non citizens, and citizens outside the country should be counted too.

Comment

• Niko777
              • Oct 2010

No doubt that the government will conduct the census in favor of the Albanian population. What ever number they come up with for the Albanian minority this time, it will surely include non-citizen Kosovars, Albanians living abroad, guests from Albania, dead Albanians, Muslims, Turks, Gypsies....etc.

Comment

• julie
                • May 2009

Then they should not discrimate against me and other diaspora Macedonians not citizens ffs
                "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• Pelister
                  • Sep 2008

They are panicking because the next census is likely to expose the 'branch stacking' of Albanians at the last census. There are many villages near the Macedonian border with Kosovo and beyond where the number of Albanians in a village, is impossibly high given the actual number of households in the village. This kind of "stacking" is likely to be exposed in this census, if its done right. I think it is important to know what percentage of Albanians do not have citizenship, and where they live to get a more realistic picture of the demographic.

Comment

• George S.
                    • Aug 2009

well i hope next time i hope the census reveals what a right rought the albanian count was.
                    "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                    GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

Working...
                    X