• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Olympiada
    • Sep 2011

Originally posted by julie View Post
    As if Turkey will be sending tanks into Greece, lol, how hilarious
    The hilarious part, is that you don't even do a simple research to see if this article is true, and what this wall is all about.

Let me say it once again:
    The wall is made to decrease the amount of illegal immigrants entering Greece.

This is the main point were they enter Greece, and 90% of the illegal immigrants that enter EU, enter through Greece.

So, it's not only important for Greece, but for Europe as well.

The Greek government has unveiled plans to construct a wall along its 128-mile land border with Turkey in order to tackle the influx of illegal immigrants.

Comment

• Stojacanec
      • Dec 2009

Originally posted by Olympiada View Post
      The hilarious part, is that you don't even do a simple research to see if this article is true, and what this wall is all about.

Let me say it once again:
      The wall is made to decrease the amount of illegal immigrants entering Greece.

This is the main point were they enter Greece, and 90% of the illegal immigrants that enter EU, enter through Greece.

So, it's not only important for Greece, but for Europe as well.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...mmigrants.html
      Olympiada, do you know how many Albanians are illegally living and working now in Greece? If so do you consider the number to be high? I am assuming this is a problem also for the Greek government. If so, when can we expect the Greeks to start digging a ditch on the Albanian border?

Comment

• Olympiada
        • Sep 2011

I think that the case here is not where the illegal immigrants are coming from or what percentage is Albanians, but whether the wall is build for the immigrants, or for... Turks!

But since you mentioned it, of course I know that there are , in fact, tones of Albanians living in Greece, legal and illegal.
        And yes, the number is high.

However, the influx of Albanians in Greece have dramatically decreased, and even a big amount of Albanians, are going back to Albania.
        Reason of course, the screwed-up economy of Greece, and the blooming opportunities in Albania.

The point is ,that this is the ''easiest'' thing to start from. Greek-Turkish border, is the smallest to start with, yet ''welcomes'' the biggest amount of immigrants.

Comment

• George S.
          • Aug 2009

Guys just like australia if greece is signatory to the un convention on refugees it must take it's share of refugees.No matter which way you look at it you must honor the un convention.Why build fences when you got people smugglers who can bribe border officials to turn a blind eye for money.I think the smartest thing the greeks have done is to use eu money.People have means & ways that fences can't keep them out.
          Also why would anyone want to go to greece when there is so much unemployment & the economy is all fucked up big time.
          "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
          GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Olympiada
            • Sep 2011

Originally posted by George S. View Post
            Guys just like australia if greece is signatory to the un convention on refugees it must take it's share of refugees.No matter which way you look at it you must honor the un convention.Why build fences when you got people smugglers who can bribe border officials to turn a blind eye for money.I think the smartest thing the greeks have done is to use eu money.People have means & ways that fences can't keep them out.
            Refugees,immigrants and illegal immigrants, are different terms to deal with.
            A refugee, and a illegal immigrant, is defenately not that same thing.
            Also why would anyone want to go to greece when there is so much unemployment & the economy is all fucked up big time.
            Because no matter how fucked up Greece is:
            1) It's in better living condition than many of this countries are
            2) It still gives higher salaries
            3) Its safer
            4) Has more freedoms
            etc, etc

Also, working ''under the table'', is not counted in the unemployment rates. Neither the illegal workers.

Comment

• George S.
              • Aug 2009

Oly Whilst conditions might be better than their home.Whil'st these so calleed illegal cue jumpers might be seeking assylum either as genuine refugees & illegal economic refugees.
              They all claim if they come to australia by boat that they lost their papers & are seeking refugee status.In the mean time they stay at 4 star hotels expenses,spending money mobile phones etc curtesy of the taxpayer.Is it the same like that in greece with refugees.???Many of these people know that they can live with handoutsfrom the govt.
              "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
              GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

Working...
              X