Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • George S.
    • Aug 2009

Volk i agree with you whole heartedly but i don't agree that they have to capitulate or compromise in any way just to please some fucking neighbour nearby.Namely the wicked neighbour who doesn't like us or respect us they want us to have nothing to do with a statue to do with alexander.You might say who cares about that.I do for a start the politicians are only too happy to comply with the greeks.Don't get me wrong i agree with you that it's a powerfulll connection to the past except the politicians are simply going to capitulate with greece.If we do we would be the laughing stock of the world.Also if they happen to cover it up or to take it down because of greece's complaints it would be hillarious.Alexander would be rolling in his grave allready changing our name & flag & now we can't have his fucking statue of him.Tell greece to The macedonian govt has got no balls to tell greece where to get off.We have a right to have any statue that we want if greece doesn't like it the y can jump.
    "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
    GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Komita
      • May 2009

Originally posted by Niko777 View Post
      The Alexander statue looks awesome, so does the statues in Bitola and Avtokomanda. But there are still some serious issues that need to be resolved like the naming, and whether the Kultes sun will be used as seen in the original rendering of the Alexander statue

I agree, at least one of these mosques was built on Church foundations and therefore should have been converted back to a church. When I went to Bitola, some Macedonians didn't know what to say about the mosques, so they pretended to be Muslim and told me "one day we'll build you a mosque in Lerin too"...

Of course, like it was done in other countries that fought of ottoman tyranny.
      To me it's unacceptable and the issue should of been handled. Tell me one city in serbia, bulgaria or greece with a 90 % majority of christians to have mosques dominating the city centre?
      It's a disgrace and a sign of five centuries of tyranny.
      Слава му на Бога за се

Comment

• Risto the Great
        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Volk View Post
        [B]This is a momentous occasion in the history of our nation, that statue will never move. The statement it represents will be forever present for future generations to see.

Instead of realizing this and rejoicing, certain people will complain, as they always do, about everything... Out of touch with reality.
        Macedonia will never move either. It will probably just be called something else. And stupid, weak Macedonians will accept it. Like every other capitulation of the last 20 years. Same rubbish, different example.

What is so bloody smart about this Volk? Are the Macedonians winning this game of one upmanship by not publicly declaring this statue by its proper name? To be honest, I am ashamed of people who think this kind of thing is acceptable calling themselves Macedonian. When I call myself Macedonian, I would be mistakenly lumped in with these people.

Ahhh whatever, "Tito on Horse" looks excellent. We could be proud.
        Risto the Great
        MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
        "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Zarni
          Banned
          • May 2011

The Skopje based artist who spent three long years in the design and construction of this monument has every artistic merit in calling her creation what she chooses, good grief just see it from that perspective will you guys

The only controversy has been whether public money should be spent and how much I remember there was heated debate here by many and objection to it some months ago

It just doesn’t dawn on some of you guys but probably will by September that all of this has been so silly.
          Last edited by Zarni; 06-22-2011, 05:54 PM.

Comment

• Risto the Great
            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Zarni View Post
            The Skopje based artists who spent three long years in the design and construction of this monument has every artistic merit in calling her creation what she chooses
            Not when the job has been commissioned by the Macedonian government. What a silly statement.
            Risto the Great

Comment

• Zarni
              Banned
              • May 2011

Not when the job has been commissioned by the Macedonian government. What a silly statement.
              Still the artist has ownership of her work Risto.

I really really doubt the Macedonian Goveremnt had any involvement beyond comminising a Work and stepping back
              Last edited by Zarni; 06-22-2011, 06:11 PM.

Comment

• Vangelovski
                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                Macedonia will never move either. It will probably just be called something else. And stupid, weak Macedonians will accept it. Like every other capitulation of the last 20 years. Same rubbish, different example.

What is so bloody smart about this Volk? Are the Macedonians winning this game of one upmanship by not publicly declaring this statue by its proper name? To be honest, I am ashamed of people who think this kind of thing is acceptable calling themselves Macedonian. When I call myself Macedonian, I would be mistakenly lumped in with these people.

Ahhh whatever, "Tito on Horse" looks excellent. We could be proud.
                This was very well put.
                If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Zarni
                  Banned
                  • May 2011

This was very well put.
                  I believe painting a picture of all your fellow Macedonian in this way just because you have a differing view is not cool
                  Being called stupid worthless a waste of space and other colour adjectives isn’t good Forum adequate
                  The World as about opinion people Macedonian viewpoints are all different

Comment

• Risto the Great
                    • Sep 2008

I believe painting a picture of all your fellow Macedonian in this way just because you have a differing view is not cool
                    Being called stupid worthless a waste of space and other colour adjectives isn’t good Forum adequate
                    I believe Macedonians hiding and/or not asserting their identity is not cool. It could easily be argued they are not Macedonian viewpoints at all.
                    Risto the Great

Comment

• lavce pelagonski
                      • Nov 2009

Have a look at this peeps

YouTube - ‪Π“ΠΎΡΡ‚ΡƒΠ²Π°ΡšΠ΅ Π²ΠΎ 24 Анализа‬‏
                      Стравот на Атина од овој Македонец одел до таму што го нарекле „Страшниот Чакаларов“ „гркоубиец“ и „крвожеден комитаџија“.

„Ако знам дека тука тече една капка грчка крв, јас сега би ја отсекол целата рака и би ја фрлил в море.“ Васил Чакаларов

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                        • Sep 2008

Positive economic development in Macedonia is great. The promotion of our culture in certain fields is great.

The statue looks great.

The fact that they have refused to name the statue properly is a disgrace and another example of the submissive Macedonian happy to hide his identity in case the Greek or European slaps him in the mouth for merely breathing the word 'Macedonia' or 'Alexander'.

For all of you here that wish to ignore the above example of weakness and stupidity, this "warrior on a horse", I will have to assume that renaming Macedonia as "mountains and rivers on earth" and Macedonians as "walking talking humans who live among mountains and rivers on earth" is also an acceptable practice. I mean, who really cares, at least "we know" that it is Macedonia and Macedonians, right? Let's just continue living in that little bubble that Gruevski has created for us where our history is manipulated and violated by our own leaders, and not criticise too much, lest we sound negative (like there is no reason to be negative and seek change in Macedonia).
                        In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Vangelovski
                          • Sep 2008

What's so Macedonian about people who don't want to claim their Macedonian identity? If they don't claim their Macedonian identity, then they're not really Macedonians and they're not my "fellows".
                          If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• lavce pelagonski
                            • Nov 2009

That woman in the clip has no idea what she is talking about, probably a SDS supporter. She has been invited to give a historical background and yet she talks about how much money has been spent and making a point that Alexander doesnt have to be Macedonian for the people to connect with him (stupid).
                            Стравот на Атина од овој Македонец одел до таму што го нарекле „Страшниот Чакаларов“ „гркоубиец“ и „крвожеден комитаџија“.

„Ако знам дека тука тече една капка грчка крв, јас сега би ја отсекол целата рака и би ја фрлил в море.“ Васил Чакаларов

Comment

• Vangelovski
                              • Sep 2008

A whole new breed of slaves have found their way to the MTO...this always happens when the Macedonian Government endeavours on a new initiative...of capitulation and superficial "patriotism".

Comment

• makedonche
                                • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
                                Positive economic development in Macedonia is great. The promotion of our culture in certain fields is great.

The statue looks great.

The fact that they have refused to name the statue properly is a disgrace and another example of the submissive Macedonian happy to hide his identity in case the Greek or European slaps him in the mouth for merely breathing the word 'Macedonia' or 'Alexander'.

For all of you here that wish to ignore the above example of weakness and stupidity, this "warrior on a horse", I will have to assume that renaming Macedonia as "mountains and rivers on earth" and Macedonians as "walking talking humans who live among mountains and rivers on earth" is also an acceptable practice. I mean, who really cares, at least "we know" that it is Macedonia and Macedonians, right? Let's just continue living in that little bubble that Gruevski has created for us where our history is manipulated and violated by our own leaders, and not criticise too much, lest we sound negative (like there is no reason to be negative and seek change in Macedonia).
                                SoM
                                Thanks very much for this analytical and obvious interpretation, this sums it up perfectly! At what point do we Macedonians say "NO"- that's enough we are not going to bow and scrape, change and hide, be fearful and submissive!
                                The statue is truly magnificent, so is the "ideal" that it is meant to represent and honour - it is a depiction of a bravery and heroism of a Macedonian - how brave and heroic is it to be fearful of naming the statue exactly what it is? Is this the type of bravery Alexander, his father Filip and all other Macedonians through history would tolerate? - I think not.
                                On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

Working...
                                X