X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bukefal
    • Sep 2009

It was in Nova Makedonija today.

But they are the only ones reporting this, so I dont know if its true.

But come on, are you now going to make an issue out of this too? Slovak/delodephius was right. Why does there ALWAYS have to be an ulterior motive with you guys?
    Last edited by Bukefal; 06-18-2011, 07:56 AM.

Comment

• lavce pelagonski
      • Nov 2009

Well this is great the Justinian statue is great as he was borne around Skopje. I think the St Prohor Puchinski monastery now in Serbia was built by him.
      Стравот на Атина од овој Македонец одел до таму што го нарекле „Страшниот Чакаларов“ „гркоубиец“ и „крвожеден комитаџија“.

„Ако знам дека тука тече една капка грчка крв, јас сега би ја отсекол целата рака и би ја фрлил в море.“ Васил Чакаларов

Comment

• indigen
        • May 2009

Originally posted by Bukefal View Post
        It was in Nova Makedonija today.

But they are the only ones reporting this, so I don't know if its true.
        Thanks for the feedback info and we will wait and see if it is confirmed by other sources soon enough.

But come on, are you now going to make an issue out of this too? Slovak/delodephius was right. Why does there ALWAYS have to be an ulterior motive with you guys?
        Experience and being better qualified at reading between the lines of what Macedonian politicians are saying and doing. Also, we can read smoke-signals, too! There is always fire where there is smoke and Macedonia has been cooking this fire for nearly 20 years now and we, the older (or longer active) and more politically switched-on Macedonian activists, have learnt to read the various smoke codes by now and can tell that another major, MAJOR sell out is just around the corner!

There are plenty of smoke signals to found at the following thread for a name change (and much more), as well as many other topic threads on MTO or elsewhere online:
        Makedonskite" politichari i "razgovorite za razlikite" povrzani so IMETO nashe
        Last edited by indigen; 06-18-2011, 09:06 AM.

Comment

• DedoAleko
          • Jun 2009

Video of the assembled statue and comments:

Comment

• Bukefal
            • Sep 2009

Thanks for that link. Most sources say it will be placed tomorrow. NovaMakedonija is the only one who says it will not be placed until september.

Comment

• Bukefal
              • Sep 2009

You can watch the square with this webcam. It's nice to see what they are doing. You can even control it.

Интерактивна камера со поглед кон плоштад Македонија, Скопје. Управувајте ја сами камерата и почувствувајте ја атмосферата од сите битни настани.

Comment

• VMRO
                • Sep 2008

EU scolding Macedonia over statue

In an unprecedented move, Enlargement Commissioner Štefan Füle has warned Macedonia that the country could lose its EU candidate status if no progress is made on the path to reform and if the EU hopeful keeps on taking actions considered by Greece as “provocations”.

The warning came in a TV interview given by Füle to Macedonian TV channel A1, one of the few media outlets with a critical voice and which the government is reportedly trying to silence.

Füle was asked to comment on the decision by Nikola Gruevski’s government to erect a statue of a ‘warrior on horseback’ resembling Alexander the Great in the centre of Skopje, which has sparked fury in Greece. Over the weekend, the 12-meter high statue was finally assembled.

The commissioner said that not only in bilateral affairs, but also in normal life any person should avoid doing things seen by its neighbour as a provocation.

“Seriously, if you have a neighbour, and I’m not talking about two states now, and there is an issue between two of you, whatever the nature of that issue is, and you are trying sincerely to solve it, I guess you would avoid doing anything that your neighbour might call a provocation. This is simple logic. I would expect the government in Skopje to avoid doing things which would be called by the other side provocations,” the commissioner said.

Füle said he was “not really” satisfied with the pace of reform in Macedonia. He added that if this trend were to persist under the new government formed following snap elections on 5 June, the Commission could reassess its recommendation to start accession negotiations, given in December 2005.

“Am I satisfied with the tempo of reform? Not really. As soon as the government is being formed, if we see clear steps toward renewing the reform tempo in your country, then I don’t see any reason why we should change our recommendation. If we have a feeling that instead of progress there is a regress, if we have a feeling that instead of going forward you are going backwards, we would probably have to reassess that recommendation to start accession negotiations,” Füle said.

The commissioner said he saw no need for such a move at present, but again insisted that the reform process must be accelerated.

“Do I see it [the need to reassess the recommendation] at the moment? No. Do I see a need for the reform process to be accelerated? Yes I do,” he stated.

Downgrade

The very idea of downgrading a country on its way to EU accession is unprecedented, but Macedonia appears to be a unique case in EU integration history. In spite of the fact that it has obtained candidate status, it has for six-and-a-half years now been unable to start accession negotiations due to its ‘name dispute’ with Greece.

All 12 new EU members from the 2004-2007 waves of enlargement were able to conclude accession negotiations in less than six years.

Despite of the controversial nature of the interview, mainstream media in Macedonia largely ignored it. Asked by EurActiv to comment, Tanja Milevska, the Brussels correspondent of A1 TV, said that the government in Skopje, which largely controls the media landscape, had once again made sure that critical messages did not reach a wider audience.

A1 TV has tax evasion charges pending, which are being pressed by the government. A possible decision against A1 TV, which will be taken today (20 June), may lead to its bankruptcy. As recently revealed by EurActiv, US cables clearly state that the government of Nikola Gruevski has a well-established tradition of using the state’s judicial and repressive apparatus to quell dissent. A1 TV and the newspapers Vreme and Spic, which belong to the same media group, are among the few voicing criticism against the government in Skopje.
                Verata vo Mislite, VMRO vo dushata, Makedonia vo Srceto.

Vnatreshna Makedonska Revolucionerna Organizacija.

Comment

• Pelister
                  • Sep 2008

Fk the E.U. Its corrupt and racist.

Gruevski has to stop the talks immediately, and pursue the issue of our admission to the U.N where it belong, inside the U.N - not outside of it.

Comment

• Bill77
                    • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Pelister View Post
                    Fk the E.U. Its corrupt and racist.

Gruevski has to stop the talks immediately, and pursue the issue of our admission to the U.N where it belong, inside the U.N - not outside of it.
                    Gruevski should say to Fuel " Don't bother to reassess the recommendation and downgrading the EU accession. Because of your antics and delays, we have reassessed the idea of entering your racist club long ago and no longer want in, therefore we have saved you time."

I know, i am dreaming.
                    http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• VMRO
                      • Sep 2008

I have heard countries need to pay to be members of EU and NATO... anyone aware of this?

Comment

• Pelister
                        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by VMRO View Post
                        I have heard countries need to pay to be members of EU and NATO... anyone aware of this?
                        I believe a percentage of each countries GDP has to paid to the E.U club, but I don't know what method they use to redistribute it, and 'who' exactly it goes to, and once 'they' have it how they spend it. Even the E.U doesn't know that - which is why E.U countries are going bankrupt.

If we want to get into the United Nations, we can. We are not blocked from being admitted to that institution. What concerns me is how on earth politicians were one, able to move the issue outside the U.N institution, and then, secondly, convince unsuspecting Macedonians that we are negotiating to get into the E.U and NATO. How and when did it 'jump' outside of the U.N, and how and when did it 'jump' from one institution, the U.N (which we are not blocked from) to the others, the E.U and NATO, in which we are effectively blocked by the veto process? What a monumental catastrophe.

Comment

• VMRO
                          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Pelister View Post
                          I believe a percentage of each countries GDP has to paid to the E.U club, but I don't know what method they use to redistribute it, and 'who' exactly it goes to, and once 'they' have it how they spend it. Even the E.U doesn't know that - which is why E.U countries are going bankrupt.

If we want to get into the United Nations, we can. We are not blocked from being admitted to that institution. What concerns me is how on earth politicians were one, able to move the issue outside the U.N institution, and then, secondly, convince unsuspecting Macedonians that we are negotiating to get into the E.U and NATO. How and when did it 'jump' outside of the U.N, and how and when did it 'jump' from one institution, the U.N (which we are not blocked from) to the others, the E.U and NATO, in which we are effectively blocked by the veto process? What a monumental catastrophe.

What i don't understand is why Macedonians believe that by entering the EU, life will become more liveable.

Macedonia does not have any major production that Macedonia itself owns, everything has been sold off and we do not produce anything worthwhile

Other than traveling freely, what will EU and NATO membership benefit Macedonia.

Comment

• Phoenix
                            • Dec 2008

Perhaps Mr Füle (is that pronounced Fool?) should redirect his 'anger' at the PIIGS of the Union, to start making some reform progress in their basket -case economies before their irresponsible policies drag the World economy into another global financial crisis rather than wasting his time interfering in the sovereignty of another country...

Comment

• Zarni
                              Banned
                              • May 2011

Dam you how dare you act and behave like this on behalf of Greece
                              Greece is destined to bring the World Economy down with it

Macedonia has passed an almost flawless Democratic Election and moving leaps and bounds in its Economic Outlook

The Macedonian PM should say we now will reconsider our path to the EU your obstacles and excuses have no bounds

hold Greece accountable for anything.

I really really hope the Macedonain Government can come out and condem this and criticise the worth of the EU to Macedonian National Interests but naturally they will not
                              Last edited by Zarni; 06-20-2011, 07:13 AM.

Comment

• Bill77
                                • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Zarni View Post
                                Macedonia doesn’t have to answer any questions
                                Were and who can wewrite to people I can’t stand this for one moment

I really really hope the Macednian Goveremnt can come out and condem this and criticise the worth of the EU to Macedonian National Interests
                                We have a list of email address for all the departments in the EU, somewhere buried in this forum.

Ama koj da pushti pisma. ne sne sposovni. se raspravame za gospod i science, nemame vreme. i jas samiot se najpajgam. i jaska sum kriv za bidejne ne sposoven da ne se lutite brajka.
                                http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

Working...
                                X